Drug of Choice

Wed 16th, Nov, 2016

3 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 3 Buffer 0 3 Flares ×

abeachcottage

Oh dear.  I just sat down with a cup of tea (and a bowl of dry Frosties, kill me now) and opened up a blog I have been following for 15 years when the internet was small, blogs were but diaries, Facebook was but the figment of some whipper snapper’s imagination and the blogging phenomenon started with the little craft community coming together to share bits and bobs.  Anyway, I noticed the date on the entry of this blog and omg how can it be the middle of November?   Clearly I took the hibernation thing literally this year and cocooned myself away for the Sydney Winter.  What a shame, it seems boot wearing season flew by and I didn’t appreciate it (though trust me I’ve worn the Boots from the U S of A pretty much every day)…all of a sudden it’s November and soon all will be hot.  Trays of cherries (Australian) will be piled up outside of greengrocers, mounds of mangoes will be on every corner and in off the ferry our little town will be visited by many from near and far.

img_5706

It’s been a while since we’ve had lovely flowers in the house so at the I treated myself to a few bunches…when I got them home I thought I’d put together a few vases for here and there.  I like to prep the flowers first, then make a cup of tea (or pour larger, stiffer, more potent drink of choice), gather supplies (such as vase, string etc), turn on broadcasts from the BBC, enjoy the company of a small pup and see what happens.

Flowers.  My kind of medicine.

S

p.s. the house we were after fell through, however it turned out to be a good thing, as these things sometimes do and hopefully by early next week we’ll have another one, it’s needing just as much love that’s for sure..

abeachcottage

3 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 3 Buffer 0 3 Flares ×

11 Responses to “Drug of Choice”

1. Shannon says:

You are so right! Hope the new house is even more fabulous. Gorgeous flowers. It makes me want to pop down to the shops and get some.

2. Mandy meza says:

Flowers defiantly are the best medicine,I always love having them around the house usually a mix of shop bought and my own from my garden,I just picked my last bunch of sweet peas yesterday and I can’t believe they have lasted till November bearing in mind I live in Scotland but it’s so mild here for this time of year…loving it….X

3. Linda Tague says:

I so appreciate your answer to my comments. However, it’s not nec to respond. I know you’ve felt bogged down a few mos back. This may be too much, to respond to EVERYONE. I just like to see the pictures and hear a bit of what’s going on. I do not want you to have to overdo one bit. If it was me, I’d hate having to write to so many people in response. That’s me tho. Just do what you feel like and are comf with.
    Thank you very much.

4. Vicki says:

And here am I on the east coast of USA watching yellow leaves fall in the morning sunshine, thinking about trying a new recipe or two for pumpkin pies and cornbread dressing, and procrastinating about sorting through my sweaters and puffy coats. Dreading the coming cold weather…I am a summer person! Thank you for sharing the joy of spring with us in the Northern Hemisphere. And I am thrilled to have you back online, I was wondering what happened. Glad you took a break. But you make the “interweb” a happier place !

5. merilyn says:

hi hun thanks for a beach cottage! … always lovely in my eyes!
    I was just saying on babymacbeths post the other day that it must be 5 or 6 years ago, that I only read and commented on one blog and that was yours! … funny! … what was a blog anyway! none of my friends knew about them!
    then I went to styling you and so it goes on!
    glad you are refreshed and back on board but no pressure!
    the flowers in your fresh room are just gorgeous!
    good luck with the new reno!
    much love m:)X

6. shar y says:

So beautiful! Hi Barls!!

7. Janine says:

You missed nothing from this eternal, cold winter. Holed up was the best place to be! The flowers are beautiful, I’m so envious of all the white!

8. Rukmini says:

Big girl camera is out it seems? Lovely to have you back. And yeah, look forward to the next reno. I will finally get to reno my parent’s home and it’ll be way too cool to seek inspirations from abc :) Happy winter. Or summer!

9. lisa says:

Absolutely STUNNING <3 would you mind sharing where the blue pom pom throw & floral cover are from if you don't mind.