A Queensland Cottage

Sun 15th, Nov, 2015

5 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 5 Buffer 0 5 Flares ×

Processed with VSCOcam with s3 preset

Hello beach cottage ladies….how are you all?

Processed with VSCOcam with c3 preset

I’ve had a gorgeous gorgeous few days away in Brisbane with my lovely hubby – he was there for a conference and I had the opportunity to tag along and….do nothing.  I had one plan, catch up with the lovely Nikki (from StylingYou I met in an aeroplane check-in queue on the way to a blogging award ceremony in Malysia years ago) and look at buildings.

Processed with VSCOcam with k3 preset

The old city buildings, cottages and Queenslander homes to be exact.

Processed with VSCOcam with f3 preset Processed with VSCOcam with c3 preset

Yup other people go to cities to shop, dine out, sightsee…I like to walk around and take pictures of old buildings.

Processed with VSCOcam with c3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with c3 preset

Oh the picket fences (white), the cladding (grey, white, charcoal, I’ll take anything), the sky (beautiful blue Queensland sky), jacarandas, roofs…and as I walked it went on and on.

Processed with VSCOcam with c3 preset

See, aren’t they just absolutely gorgeous?

I had a lovely morning walking around looking at these….must say though gosh was it hot and steamy…

See you next time.

Sarah x

Processed with VSCOcam with k3 preset

5 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 5 Buffer 0 5 Flares ×

18 Responses to “A Queensland Cottage”

You’re not weird. I love tree bark, patterns on gum leaves, tulips, daffodils and jacarandas in full bloom as well as old houses and historic buildings.
    Cheers Sarah

2. Karen says:

So nice to see these beautiful old girls in all their glory. Missed the jacarandahs this year as I came over September rather than my usual October. Live in NZ now but come back once a year to see my elderly Mum near Rockhampton and my daughter in Brisbane. Sarah, have you seen Kara Rosenlund’s new book Shelter How Australians Live? You would love it. Love both of your blogs. Thank you for the trip down memory lane with the photos.
    Karen NZ

3. Shannon says:

So pretty! The Queenslanders have such a charm and homeyness to them. Karen, tanks for the tip on the book. Going to look it up now.

4. Caroline says:

Well this warms my cold bones! I walked vicariously through this gorgeous tropical neighbourhood and actually felts the heat! Thank you, from cold, grey France xx

5. Sharon says:

What beautiful homes they are. They do remind me somehow of older homes in South Africa with a wrap around ‘stoep’ or veranda as we say in English, also the Jacaranda trees are very common there too and so very beautiful!

6. Oh what a fun catch-up we had! I love my morning walks checking out all the houses in my ‘hood! See you next time … bring white paint! x

7. Neen says:

Oh my ! What gorgeous houses, I too love looking at fences, houses, gardens, windows and especially doors ;) lovely blog post Sarah ;) Neen

8. Mandy meza says:

Hi Sarah,just wondering what other blog you do?can I sign up for it too…x

9. merilyn says:

yes they are gorgeous sarah!
    my daughter has had 2! she loves them with a passion!
    I love those little tin curved gables over the windows!
    always taking shots to! everything grows there too hun!
    glad you had a lovely catch up!
    love m:)X

10. Hey Sarah! Nope … you’re not weird … wherever I go I’m on the look out for gorgeous old buildings. Love visiting my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine who lives in Bris … wherever we go for our play dates, she drives and I admire the houses! :0) You’d love the house we sold last year and the one we now live in … both golden oldies. This one was originally build in 1892 on a rural property and moved to this block four years ago before being renovated by a retired builder. 12 months after we bought it, I still pinch myself that we live here some days. :0) Will show you pics some time if you’re interested. Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

11. Jo says:

Hi Sarah, I do exactly the same thing and have just been in North Queensland and whilst the others were swimming or doing beachy things Inwas oohing and aahing over the old Queenslanders and taking pictures . These old Queenslanders are something else aren’t they!