vintage, flowers and christmas

Mon 24th, Nov, 2014

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

coastal vintage beachy style abeachcottage.com

Good morning beach cottage ladies, happy monday morning, how is life out there, are we getting festive-y?  Well I am, I found myself buying a pack of tiny baubles yesterday when I went to the supermarket to buy a jar of Marmite…once one starts finding random packs of baubles in one’s basket one knows the silly season is well and truly on the way.

a beach cottage coastal vintage style decorating

This year I am going to do most of my shopping online…the last few years I have really tried to do much of it locally to support local business and boutiques, sadly though even since 12 months ago some of my fave places on the beaches (especially in our local town) are no longer around…so I’m going to shop online and locally and hopefully get the best of both worlds.

beachy decor abeachcottage.com coastal style decorating blog

I am going again to be doing Beach Cottage Love Your Christmas Home and it starts this week – if you remember last year this little series is about having a pretty not perfect home this season and keeping it all real girl and thinking about what you want, instead, and (more importantly what is do-able), of opening Christmas magazines of amazing spreads and beautiful houses (which we all actually know were styled by marketing people, a tonne of assistants and stylists in July) and feeling total and utter let down that your houses/life/food/upper arms will never ever look like that anytime soon when it’s really just you and the dog thinking about Christmas until at least the 20th of December.

a beach cottage coastal vintage style beachy decorating

So stay tuned Love Your Christmas Home starts this week a la A Beach Cottage.

I am still hanging on to flowers here though, I took these pictures a while ago of some blue ones I picked up on offer, I am not sure what they were and I think they may be dyed (?) which I normally can’t stand but I loved these for a bit of pop…

I see it is the 24th November on the calendar though so I am thinking it’s about time for less flowers, more sparkle….

coastal vintage nautical beachy decor style abeachcottage.com beachy blog australia

I’ll be back soon with a kitchen subway tile update, a slice recipe and the start of Love Your Christmas Home.

S

a beach cottage coastal vintage style decorating

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

18 Responses to “vintage, flowers and christmas”

1. Shannon says:

❤❤❤❤❤
    Can’t wait for the subway tile update!

2. Mb says:

Yay!!!!!

As i wasnt around last year, i missed the Love your Christmas home thingy. So again…….yay!!!

Every year…..looking through magazines just left me feeling sooooo inadequate when it came to Christmas decorating……just put a wee little too much pressure on an already stressed canuck

Can’t wait Sarah!

Yay!!!!

Xoxmb

3. Mb says:

HEY!!!!!

Silly me……. Lol just snooping around and found last year.

Woo hoo!

Xmbx

4. Debra says:

Sarah,
    Your blog is always a bit of serenity at the end of my workday. Can’t wait for this years Christmas posts.
    Loved your Cali posts since I live in the Bay Area

5. Meg says:

The flowers are Delphiniums ….we have a garden full of them….they are just finishing…and the blue does always look unreal !!!!

6. Elaine in Laguna says:

Hi Sarah, Still reading your lovely blog, but can’t comment too often since I’m usually running off to work when you’ve posted. Those blue flowers look like Delphiniums to me. We have them here in So. Calif. Have a great week. It’s Thanksgiving week here and then on to Christmas (and your lovely holiday series). I’m looking forward to it again!

7. merilyn says:

lovely thankyou sarah! … loved your Christmas home series last year!
    I think those flowers are delphiniums … used to grow them years ago and they are that colour! like a cornflower colour! cheers m:)X

8. Neen says:

Yay Christmas home series again! I’m looking forward to more inspiration from you Sarah.Foofing by you at Christmas is very special indeed, Neen ;)

9. Marianne says:

Just last week I was wondering if you were going to do something similar as last year’s ‘Love your Christmas home’ series. Hurray, you are! Can’t wait!

10. So l must have been reading your blog for about a year now

11. So l must have been reading your blog for about a year now

12. Claire says:

Loved the series last year Sarah, so looking forward to reading your posts x

13. vanessa plummer says:

Hi Sarah,
    I’m looking forward to your Love your Christmas home so much. I have a quick question, I hope you don’t mind my asking – every time I come to your page I see that beautiful white duvet cover with the circular ruching on it and I would love love love to know where I might be able to find one? Thanks so much,
    Vanessa Plummer x