Beach Cottage Coastal Makeover

Fri 23rd, May, 2014

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

coastal vintage style abeachcottag

Hello lovelies!

Here’s a snap of what I’ve been working on.

This is an old map table I found needing a new home and some beach cottage love…I gave it some paint and it’s now in the sitting room…

I thought it might look nice with a matte blue on one of the drawers and I sanded the top to get rid of the varnish, I am going to do a bit more of that to take it back to a more natural wood.

That’s it from me for now, I’m off away for the weekend.

See you soon

a beach cottage blog

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

11 Responses to “Beach Cottage Coastal Makeover”

1. merilyn says:

that’s a great find sarah!
    love me a good table especially with drawers <3
    bit rare I think … interesant!
    have an ab fab weekend!… love m:)X

2. Anonymous says:

LOL. When you said map table, I pictured one of those desks with a world map glued on the top, circa 1967.

Love your map table.

3. Fiona says:

It’s divine, great find and makeover, I love it

4. Claire says:

Love this piece Sarah : ) Are you planning to keep anything interesting in the drawers? Not maps presumably?!

5. DeAna says:

I’d do almost anything for a good map table. :)

6. Lisa Mckenzie says:

Gorgeous table I love tables with drawers they are the best.I have a huge one in the family room and it is so handy for storing the things you don’t use and probably don’t need *wink!

7. Raquelle says:

I love your style! I’ve been using your website as a basis for how I would like to make my room. Unfortunately, I have been trying to convert my room into a beach cottage style for quite sometime but I can’t seem to find any goodies that you’ve found such as the bed, couch, and accessories. Do you know of any websites where I can get a bed and couch like yours? Thanks! :)

• Sarah says:

Hi Raquelle I gather most of most of my stuff over the years, most of my things are pre-loved – for beds and sofas in this style try IKEA they have some nice ones in there with not too much investment in case you go off the look. hope that helps sarahx