Beach Cottage things

Sun 13th, Apr, 2014

499 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 499 Buffer 0 499 Flares ×

a beach cottage coastal vintage style blog beachy decor abeachcottage.com

G’day from Sydney and a  rainy Sunday with grey skies, the garden needed the rain that is for sure –  we are heading into the Easter holiday with a mixed forecast, I’m taking some time off and was hoping to be making it to the beach every day, and we have a semi-planned camping trip, I LOVE Australian camping…let’s hope the weather lets that happen.

abeachcottage.com flowers in basket

So popping in here with a few more pics of the flowers from last week, I have got a vintage find to show you too this week, in fact I have a few, I keep saying that, I just haven’t had time to get my camera out.  An old vintage door came into my life, I’ve been after one  like it for years and years, they are rare and I love it, can’t wait to show you, it’s pretty filthy tho, one of the reasons I am dithering is I am not sure whether to clean and paint or go with the flow, so I think I will take it to the internet next week lol.

beach cottage flowers abeachcottage.com

The weekend for me has been very quiet, I’ve done three yoga classes, walked by the beach, went out for a lovely Thai with my husband…it’s been a while, like ages since we have had a clear weekend…isn’t it delicious when you have a weekend to re-charge…right now the chiminea is lit, it’s dark early, the Autumnal air has a definite chill and there is a wonderful smoky, woody smell outside – I am heading out with a drink to sit by the fire as soon as I’m done here….and rather than our usual Sunday roasts we are having pizza outside…mine will be loaded with hot and spicy things and washed down with a beer under the stars…I love chiminea season!

country coastal flowers beach decor shabby abeachcottage.com

In other news I’ve been on my journey with yoga for one month already today, I can’t believe it, I am writing a post in dribs and drabs on how it’s going, I am pretty much flabbergasted by the results, like this took me so long to find in my life because of what?  …more soon.

OK, flying out again.

flowers sink a beach cottage blog abeachcottage.com

Adios, happy weekend, catch me on Insta this week (maybe I’ll post the fire on there too if I can get a good pic with my phone)… it’s the school holidays here starting tomorrow and I am chilling out with my kiddos, hoorah for pjs til lunchtime and pics from the beach.

xo

a beach cottage coastal vintage style blog beachy decor abeachcottage.com

14 Responses to “Beach Cottage things”

1. Catherine says:

Have a great Holiday!

2. Kim says:

Gorgy flowers:) Love this time of year soooo much. Enjoy the hols with the kidlets and looking forward to seeing that door:) x

3. merilyn says:

lovely photos of those flowers sarah … no surprise!
    sounds lovely … chilling by the fire … mixed messages!
    do you have a pizza oven? your back yard is a lovely haven for you. have a good day lolove m:)X

4. Sharon says:

Have a wonderful holiday with your family. You sound very relaxed and happy, I hope things continue to move in this direction for you.

The flowers are lovely and very cheerful.

5. Kat says:

Hello! Would love to see a pic of your chiminea :-) Glad you had a restful and relaxing weekend

6. Smaggle says:

You always inspire me to buy flowers! I might just do that this afternoon.

7. Sharon Forward says:

Beautiful pics. Glad you got a chance to re-charge. Tried yoga on and off hmmm maybe time to go back to it.xx

8. janita says:

enJOYing life….. it is the way life was meant to be.
    It all sounds delightful! Have a wonderful week. Janita

9. DeAna says:

Your autumn is as delicious looking as our summer!

10. merilyn says:

btw off topic, have to tell you tho … deck painting was happening here yesterday using dune deck paint very happy with colour … (more driftwood toning its the same as our house)
    talk about muscles that haven’t been used omg trying to think yoga every stretch I made breathing in and breathing out! … more of it today team mr m & moi! lol m:)X have a good one!

11. Renee Nativio says:

Is there anything more tranquil than white furniture and the sound of waves crashing. The blue sky doesn’t hurt anything at all. Shalom.

12. Have a lovely holiday. Those flowers are just so pretty.

Mr alison and I have been camping on the far south coast for several days. The weather was wild the first night but has been blissful since. Sending you this from the beach looking out to Montague Island.

14. Sarah says:

Gorgeous!! I adore all your photos…catching up on posts and pinning – I like to see all your posts and haven’t had time since I started working full time…thankfully…money is always a good thing!! I hope all is well there and that you are all feeling ok and still on the mend? Have a wonderful fall weekend Down Under! ;-) xo