Happy Friday

Fri 28th, Mar, 2014

12 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 12 Buffer 0 12 Flares ×

beachy decorating, old wood floors, sunhat, hunters, bentwood chair, flowers abeachcottage.com

G’day!  It’s Friday in Sydney Beach Cottage ladies, woot for the weekend.

Just wanted to pop in here and say thank so much for all the lovely messages re my newsletter, I have to say I was pretty much floored by all the love and really I didn’t know so many people actually read my rambling and more had missed it.  Thanks.  So kind.  A few months ago I didn’t really know if I would ever blog again, I’m pleased I did and I am so thankful for you all for helping me.  That’s all.

coastal vintage style beachy abeachcottage.com flowers, sunhat, hunter boots, bentwood chair abeachcottage.com

love

S

p.s. next week is Beach Cottage Flower Love get ready for prettiness xo

12 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 12 Buffer 0 12 Flares ×

14 Responses to “Happy Friday”

1. Jenny McAteer says:

Hi Sarah,

I’ve been out this morning on the school run and a big walk on the beach and have been having an enjoyble relax with a cuppa some toast and your newsletter. Its so great to have it back. I sure do understand while it’s not been in my inbox for a while, though selfishly hoped that your newsletter would return. I always no that it will give me a lift when I’m feeling down, and provide the inspiration to find some joy in our home, even if its something small. Its great to hear that you are feeling happier in yourself and that in some small way your blog family may have been of some support in return for the joy and pleasure that you bring us. Have a great weekend. Jenny

2. Sandra says:

Nice to have you back…almost a year to date, my beloved mum was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer…she came to stay with us full time (as opposed to three weeks at my place and three weeks at my brothers, which we had been doing for about ten years) and as I work from home, it was the best arrangement. The following five months were bitter sweet, they were the best and the worst…She passed away end of July last year and I learnt so much from that wonderful woman in those few months…However once she passed away, my “focus” was gone…I let myself go and stopped exercising and started eating whatever I felt like. The result? 14kg weight gain and a feeling of bleh that I just can’t shake…I did take up Yoga and that is helping my stress and anxiety, I am also seeing a grief counsellor. Baby steps will get me there. I guess I’m trying to say I identify with you, and your blog does help because you are so “real”…we’ll all get there, won’t we? xo

3. Selby says:

Lovely to see your newsletter back:)

Loving those green hunter gumboots of yours! Would so love a pair but they are so dear here.. I’m quite hoping I might fall over a second hand pair!:)

• Sarah says:

yes they are expensive here too, or they were, so I got mine in England, I will say though that they will last for years, I have had mine for years already and they are nowhere near worn out, to that end I am looking at another pair for my bday;)

4. Rochelle says:

Can’t wait for all the prettiness, love the pictures above too. xox

5. Julie Johnson says:

Love the picture of your sitting room. So simple and pretty. I can very easily see you puttering around in your garden with that floppy straw hat on. Have a great day.

6. Sarah says:

Adore your photos! Hope all is well and that you are feeling a bit better? It is pouring rain here in the NY city metro area and will rain tomorrow as well. It is warming up a tad though, so spring may ‘sprung’ any minute! Looking forward to your posts! xoxo

7. merilyn says:

synchronicity at work here sarah!
    I logged onto your blog this early this morning to find the post of the deck saga lols … as that was the question I asked last time whenever!
    anyway things work in strange ways! got the pics for mr m
    so I can point out some problems!!! thankyou hope things ok for you … lol m:)X

8. Lark says:

Sarah, So glad you are back!!! Dealing with my own keep on movin’ on situation and you are inspiring me to keep going. I guess we all end up going through hard times and have to remind ourselves that we will get through it. I hope things are getting better for you day by day.

9. shar y says:

Loved the newsletter! It was great. I just wanted to let you know that I am still here, reading your every word and loving your every photo, even if I do not comment much! A Beach Cottage is always on my list! And, I follow you on insta- I am txcaper, fyi

Love to you and yours!