Treasure Hunting Beach Cottage Farmhouse Table for Coastal Vintage Style

Wed 26th, Feb, 2014

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

coastal vintage abeachcottage.com

So look what I found for a bit of beach cottage coastal vintage style!

a beach cottage coastal vintage style abeachcottage.com

This is what happens when you are left home alone, taking a break from lots of stuff and breathing big long and deep…you meet a friend for a coffee and you end up thrifting…

coastal living coastal vintage table decor abeachcottage.com

…and coming across an old Australian vintage school table with a little bit of the Frenchy farmhouse about it….costing not much more than the coffee…and soon to be slotted into beach cottage coastal nautical style…and although I love that whole, you know, Frenchy thing, to be quite honest finding quintessential Australian things really floats my boat a lot more than importing stuff from the Continent…

a beach cottage coastal vintage beachy decor

I love things like this  - how they are found and discovered and not ‘bought’ and how you can make stuff like this fit into your own unique home – I often get asked about coastal vintage style and beachy decor and I think things like this are just what that means to me…casual living, rustic style, laid-back finds without that beachy ‘theme’ thing and a look you can’t just throw money at…more rather a gathering of loved things…that takes a while to come together…

vintage style trestle farmhouse school table abeachcottage.com blog

As Ronald would say….I’m loving it…and I’m loving looking forward to tablescaping it.

Yours in vintage beachy treasure hunting.  I’ll be the one sleeping on and stroking an old table tonight.

Sarahx

coastal vintage abeachcottage.com

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

44 Responses to “Treasure Hunting Beach Cottage Farmhouse Table for Coastal Vintage Style”

1. Rukmini Roy says:

Love is oozing for it. Can I sit and have a cup of tea with you right here? :)

2. Jody says:

Love it, just as it is! Absolutely a keeper, so happy for you! xo jody

3. Marlene says:

Oh, what a great find! I am on the prowl for one. I have up a long farmhouse table about 15 years ago, and have regretted it ever since. I love to thrift so your find gave me hope of finding one. Yours is very, very nice.

• Sarah says:

yeah it’s funny how you remember the things you let go…I’ve done that with a few things too Marlene!

4. ali thompson says:

i am loving this table! gorgeous structure and fits perfectly with your aesthetic. great find!

5. Diana says:

Love your treasure! What fun you will have!

6. shar y says:

That is exactly what I have been looking for! LOVE IT! Good score!

7. Helen says:

Hi Sarah
    Is that a drawing pin under the table? Rather that than chewing gum lol
    Regards Helen xox

8. I notice you don’t want to share your gorgeous table and only added one chair to it!

• Sarah says:

haha yeah I’m sitting there alone lol – I just put that there to show the size of it…it’s not set up yet, I’m hoping to use it as our dining table but think it may be a tad too narrow, so may use it on the deck as a kinda side table / work area xx

9. She is just beautiful Sarah!! And I SO agree with everything you said…hunting and gathering definitely makes for a much more interesting homely home…xx

10. Selby says:

Looks fantastic & in really good nick too!:)

Great finding work Sarah!

11. Mel M. says:

Gosh, what a found! I’m looking forward to see more about it :-).

12. Jenny says:

Hi Sarah,

Am loving your special find. I’m like you and much prefer the treasures that come across our paths, so much more than the itmes that are purchased through mainstream retailers. Your house looks soooo peaceful in this pic. I hope it is wrapping you up and recharging your soul as you adjust to your new world.

13. What a gorgeous table! Well done. xxoo

14. merilyn says:

looks good! … I’m with you sarah! eclectic mix wins hands down! … it’s all about expressing one’s unique personal flare and personality and hunting them down is such fun! lol m:)X

15. Kim says:

I lOOOOOVE it!!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous table and what a bargain!!!! You lucky ducky chickadee! Enjoy x

16. kerry says:

Don’t you just love it when the wait was worth it !!

17. Fiona says:

Just beautiful, Sarah, perfect in your home and a great find.

18. Linda says:

Love it! This is one lucky find, someone is looking out for you!

19. Lisa Mckenzie says:

That is truly beautiful Sarah I love it and your right some things are better that cost a few dollars or are found treasures they are what make a house a home.I found a gorgeous cream jug yesterday I have been looking for ages for an old jug to put flowers or leaves in ,it’s not perfect not exactly what I was looking for but it looks good and for the princely sum of $8 brand new with price tags on the bottom from some fancy home shop it will be fine and I borrowed some foliage from next door this morning to fill it,enjoy your table lovely xx

20. nanci says:

It’s FaBulous Sarah ! I loVe it what a great find ..

21. Smaggle says:

Oh just perfect! I can’t wait until I’m grown up and I have space in my house for something like that!

22. Neen says:

LUUUUUUUURVE at first sight!!!!
    aaaaaah*sigh* at the perfection and serenity….the universe is sending you what you need.
    Wonderful treasure hunting, well done Sarah ;) Neen

23. Lenten says:

That is a SUPERB find!! Just love it! Oh the thrill of finding a gorgeous piece of furniture like that just keeps the thrifting bug alive doesn’t it!? Well done & enjoy! She is a beauty!

24. Helena says:

I am in LOVE with that table!!

25. Erica says:

That is one gorgeous table. I absolutely LOVE the rope between the legs…so unique. I look forward to tablescaping & more images.

26. DeAna says:

You find the MOST amazing things! I’m swooning (and trying to figure out how to make one just like it) :)