loving coastal vintage blues, yellows and light

Thu 13th, Feb, 2014

221 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 1 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 219 Buffer 0 221 Flares ×

a beach cottage blog beachy decor sitting room abeachcottage.com

…loving the light, the sun is a bit lower in the sky, it changes the air…

beachy decor abeachcottage.com coastal vintage style blog

…we thought that the nights had become cooler, silly me, we are still very hot and humid here in Sydney as the sun continues to shine and stream in…so much so that thoughts of wearing jeans and snuggling up with hot chocolate are beginning to look very attractive…

coastal vintage style abeachcottage.com

I’m loving lemons and yellows and sea blues and ocean greens at the moment…

…and I’ve been doing some thrifting albeit virtually….and those treasure hunting gods, after a long drought where I have been feeling much like my lawn, all of a sudden oh man have they been smiling on me…they sprinkled me with coastal vintage love ;)

I’ll show you soon…

…goodnight from me, there’s the promise of a storm rolling in off the sea tonight bringing with it cooler air and maybe some rain…sounds good so me

Sarah xo

abeachcottage.com blog coastal vintage style beachy chic

10 Responses to “loving coastal vintage blues, yellows and light”

1. Aysegul says:

After adoring your vintage bottles for sooo long and couldnt find any here, I give it a try to make some for myself..Its very easy to do. Now I love the green one of yours and will try to get that color.. If you want to take a look they are here.. http://sahildekiev.blogspot.com.tr/2014/01/denizden-gelen-siseler-diy.html

PS: Its so good to read you here again after all you’ve been thru..

2. Julie Johnson says:

Love what you do with simple vintage things. I’m still trying to get used to the new format, but I like it.

3. Selby says:

Beautiful Sarah!:) love that rug under the coffee table- just gorgeous!

4. Debbie says:

I also love the rug under the table. It gives just the right touch. Blues and greens are my favorite, too!
    Debbie in Texas

5. suzanne says:

That rug is beautiful. Are you able to tell me where you got it. You are a great advertisement for comfort/beachy living.
    Happy your family is getting so much better. The new look is lovely.

6. Shirleen says:

If you enjoy the company of hairy girls in your bedroom, then you should not be afraid to
    state that loud and clear. Is it his fault the fact that he enjoys this more than what we traditionally know.
    And if there is someone that has a problem with that, then you should let them know that
    it is their problem and not yours.

7. youtube.com says:

Hi, this weekend is fastidious in favor of me, for the reason that this point
    in time i am reading this fantastic educational post
    here at my home.

8. Jenny says:

Hi Sarah. Just thought you might like to know that since you changed to the new blog format (which is great, by the way!) I haven’t received any of your posts as I used to do, by email. Maybe there’s a glitch somewhere?? I was just feeling a bit concerned, since you seemed to have ‘gone quiet’ again, so I googled abeachcottage.com & found to my surprise that I’d missed all the posts since the changeover. I’ll re-subscribe, but thought you’d like to know. Thanks for the continuing inspiration!

9. Linda Jenkins says:

Hi Sarah,
    I am in the same boat as Jenny above – no emails received since the format changed . Do we need to resubscribe??
    Yours was the very first blog I ever followed :)so don’t want to miss out.
    Hope family life is settling for you??

10. Kim says:

Hi Sarah,

Love your rug! It reminds me a bit of the items they sell at an outlet place at Mona Vale that a friend told me about recently. I haven’t been there yet, but the pics on their Facebook page look pretty nice! Probably best I don’t go there, it would involve spending too much money I’m sure ;)