a new look for a beach cottage

Mon 10th, Feb, 2014

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

a beach cottage coastal vintage lifestyle

Good day to you lovelies, welcome to a new look abeachcottage!  I hope you like it.

Lots of work has been going on behind the scenes here for quite a long time on this blog – to be honest it has been a complete and utter mess behind here in the back-end for longer than I care to admit.   So, I am here with a huge exhale of relief, and while we still have a few tweaks and I have a few things to get on with, everything is smooth and quick and….EASIER.

What I am hoping for you is a few things….firstly that the site loads more quickly and is cleaner and secondly things are easier to find.

You’ll find a new place for beachy decor, coastal vintage style and makeovers coming up soon, just finishing the last few bits on this and it’ll be ready to go

A whole new section has been added for Recipes here – now you can quickly and easily find all my recipes plus slow cooker, family friendly one-pot meals (the ones I love) can all be found hereand in this section you’ll also find all the other things I’ve made…I’ll also be adding a few more categories, particularly meat-free meals which will be a big part of me as we roll on into 2014…

And finally good old Barley, well he’s been off from blogging for ages, for a few reasons, mainly the state of the old site…but now he has his own blog over here, c’mon, you know I had to….

I hope you like it…I’m happy and when mamma’s happy ain’t everybody happy?

I’ll be back soon with a foofed up bedroom and my first meatless recipe on here, it’s soooooo soooo good…

Hasta la vista baby

a beach cottage coastal vintage lifestyle

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

29 Responses to “a new look for a beach cottage”

1. Samantha says:

LOVELY!!! Wow, opening this up this morning was such a treat. I love the new look. Praying your all getting ‘weller and weller’ each day. Hugs from Canada. <3

2. Sarah says:

It looks great and I hope you are all feeling better this week! Have a great week! xo

3. tracey says:

It looks lovely, a great new site. We had our first bright sunny day in UK for a while now a chance to see the first green shoots of spring with splashes of blue skies even, always a nice way to start the day. I admit that I recently posted a photo of our dog Jake – a Corgi/Jack Russel cross – as it was his assigned birthday being a rescue dog we have no idea of his real birthday and he had far more comments than anyone else gets on their birthday, so maybe I will have to link him up to Barleys blog.

4. Jenny McAteer says:

Hi Sarah,

Love the newlook website, well worth all of the effort that has gone into getting it up and running.

5. Kim says:

Love the new look, though I’m extremely slow to take on change so it’ll take me a while to get used to. Love seeing your face up there. I always love blogs who have a photo of their owner. Makes it more personal, I reckons:) x

• Sarah says:

thanks Kim, I hate photos of myself lol!! it’s taking me a while to get used to to but efficiency wise on a whole other level x

6. Catherine says:

Its pretty.

7. Jan Withers says:

Hi Sarah, I have just spent a wonderful couple of hours looking at your new website. It is fantastic! I’ve looked at things that I’ve seen over the past few years and have ben reminded why I love you and your beach cottage so much. Hope things are getting a lot better with your lovely family. Love Jan

8. veggie mama says:

I love it, of course :)

9. Smaggle says:

Oh I love it! It’s gorgeous!

10. Sues Scott says:

Love the new look & finding the blog posts I might have missed much easier. Hugs;D! Sues

11. Anonymous says:

Sarah, the new blog looks and functions fabulously! Thank you for all you do to bring sunshine into the lives of your readers :)

Hope you and the family are continuing to mend and enjoy life and each other.

12. Mog says:

Noticed right away you changed things up. It looks good on the computer and iPhone, not so much the iPad as the Lots more here section overlaps your welcome message. Fix that and it will be perfect as it is much easier to find posts with the redo. I like that and will be happily surfing your site. Hope all is well with you and your family.

13. Natalie says:

Hey Sarah,
    It’s nice to see you after a long time.Thanks for the changes.Waiting for your meatless recipes.Till then I’ll try some of your sweet recipes for this Valentine’s day :)

14. Liz says:

Love it love it love it!

15. Sarah – your new site is lovely – I’m glad that you got your responsive design issues sorted out; it’s much easier on the eyes than your previous theme, and your header looks great on a retina device!

On a personal note, it was because of the design of your site a couple of years back that I became interested in the work of Darcy at Graphically Designing, and eventually bought her domain from her when she got out of the design business.

16. Erin says:

Love the new look, but I am on a Mac using Google Chrome and the front page is a bit jumbled/on top of each other. Do I need to do anything at my end? Thought you’d want to know, but I do love it!