Beach Cottage Entrance Wreath Love Your Christmas Home Day 11

Tue 3rd, Dec, 2013

266 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 266 Buffer 0 266 Flares ×

20131203-01-beach-cottage-christmas-decor

G’day beach cottage ladies, welcome to Day 11 of Love Your Christmas Home, now we are onto the good stuff, no cleaning, no de-cluttering, just getting pretty not perfect.

We are going to decorate our front doors today – your mission is to pretty up your front door / entrance, it doesn’t have to be fancy or take a long time, mine was a matter of popping a wreath over the door and adding a couple of Christmas trees.  I don’t know about you but I sometimes I spend too much time thinking about these things, it’s better to just get on and do it.

Now you may be thinking my front door is horrendous, tell me about it I have had the 70′s front door (with orange frosted glass inserts may I add) from hell – that Christmas door certainly wasn’t my favourite but I still think a wreath or pretty lights on the front door is such a lovely way to come home at Christmastime.

So your Love Your Christmas Home mission for today is to go forth and festive foof your front doors.

I’ll see you soon, we have a painted fireplace in the house, she’s ready for some beach cottage coastal style I tell you.

20131203-01-beach-cottage-christmas-decor

19 Responses to “Beach Cottage Entrance Wreath Love Your Christmas Home Day 11”

1. Michelle says:

Oh how I love your welcoming front door! I’m so jealous. I live on a busy road, and have had my belongings stolen so will need to refrain from decorating our the front. I have even had someone steal a plant that was not in a pot, but in the ground. I woke to find a gaping hole in my garden. The nerve of some people!

I adore the blue door!!!!

wow, that’s so terrible! I’m sorry I didn’t even think about that when writing this post :-)

• Anonymous says:

The box hedge in my front yard was plundered once and I was shocked to find the 1.5 metre section I’d planted years before for pennies would cost $700 to replace with mature plants. I’ve never had any trouble with Christmas stuff though, or the elaborate red draping and lanterns I use at Chinese New Year to acknowledge our youngest son’s heritage. Hope I haven’t spoken too soon :D

2. Sam says:

Hi Sarah….. Love the wreath! May I ask where you got it from? Cheers Sam

3. Petra says:

Well I really like your door – the colour and the accessories too. And the wreath is simple but elegant!

4. merilyn says:

it looks gorgeous sarah!
    I can’t hang anything on my front door as that is the way of the prevailing winds and when she blows she “blows the oysters off the rocks!”
    not to worry … just inside is a vintage mirror where I’ve hung a pretty wreath
    and I made the rosemary ones for the bedrooms … great inspiration! love it thankyou!… lol m:)X

5. Victoria says:

Hey Sarah,
    Such a beautiful wreath.Loved the blue door. :)

6. Sarah, this is a reply to an old post, not your door – which looks terrific btw – but I just had to tell you that I’ve just found your post on honey, lemon and ginger tea while sitting on the sofa under a blanket doing a spot of surfing and drinking…lemon and honey! The other half will be dispatched pronto for ginger. What a great idea, thanks :-)

7. Lynne says:

Hi Sarah,
    Beautiful and welcoming front door! The evergreen in the white pot looks real. Just wondering — do you keep it there all year? What kind of tree is it?

Yes I bought it last year and it’s been there last year, sorry I’m not sure what it is though, I will have a look and see if there is a label left on it but I don’t think there is – I thought it would shrivel up and die here in this spot (it’s super hot!) but it’s been find and I’m not that good at watering it xx

8. Tracy says:

Hello,
    Your front door looks lovely and festive! I love your bell! My wreath went up yesterday too, it is lovely to come home too and know there is more festive cheer waiting inside :)
    Tracy x

9. Lisa Mckenzie says:

Your door is lovely and i do love a simple wreath i am going to try and make one and i did say try x

10. Smaggle says:

That looks so beautiful and fresh. I love it. Wish I had a front door… :-)

11. Lynne W says:

Hi Again, :)
    Just one more question that I have been wondering about for a while. I noticed that the door knob on your door is higher than I usually see in America. Is this an Australian thing?

12. Lana says:

I LOVE your colors!! What is the color of the house?