Come & See This Womans’ Bathroom Wall

Thu 7th, Nov, 2013

10 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 10 Buffer 0 10 Flares ×

20131107-01-a-beach-cottage-coastal-decorating-blog-bath-abeachcottage.com_

Hello wall.

So this is one seriously bare wall bathroom.  It’s been bare, naked and feeling very white for a long time.

This wall’s owner has been looking out for a specific mirror for this space, she knew what she wanted and she hasn’t found it.  The search involved this woman doing some serious salvaging.

So the owner decided the other night when hopping in the tub for her nightly ablutions that she would revert to plan B.

Plan B involved the collection of vintage mirrors (some of them are recent treasure hunting finds, you can see them below) and her husband, yet again, having to plug walls and spend way too much of his weekend standing against a wall holding something up until it was just right.

20131107-02-coastal-vintage-decor-deco-mirror-abeachcottage.com_

What do you think about this combo of vintage deco mirrors she’s been collecting?

20131107-03-mirrors-vintage-a-beach-cottage-blog

Do you think she could make this work?

20131107-04-beach-cottage-blog-vintage-deco-mirror

You know, a wall of vintage mirrors in the bathroom?

20131107-05-beach-cottage-decorating-blog-coastal-vintage-style-vintage-decor-mirror1

She’ll get back to you soon on how it’s looking.

Oh by the way she feels the deck is quite a bit less shiny this morning.  Though still grey blue.  She spent some time yesterday with sandpaper sellotaped to her shoes skating up and down the deck.  In her undies.  The neighbours like that.

She’ll see you soon.

p.s. Her Love Your Christmas Home series is about to start, if you haven’t signed up and want a pretty, easy Christmas home and to make things sweet and comfy this festive season without being an organised superwoman, then you might want to join her, you can go here to sign-up, yup it’s 100% fair dinkum free xx

10 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 10 Buffer 0 10 Flares ×

22 Responses to “Come & See This Womans’ Bathroom Wall”

1. mel says:

I think it will look great! If you had a very modern bath I’m not sure it would but with your lovely tub and tiles it will work, I recon go for it! Oh and all the light it will add, hmmm lovely :)

2. Felicity says:

Yes! Yes! Yes! This will look so good. I’m wanting to do something like this in my hall but haven’t been lucky enough to find the right mirrors yet. Can’t wait to see what it turns out like! :)

3. Naked wall in a bathroom and skating in your undies? This post is way too sexy! The mirrors are sexy too!

4. merilyn says:

“she’s got the look!” … yes sarah … you have the knack
    of putting things together that add interest and match your theme abc … lovely! m:)x

5. Love your undies story Sarah, you are becoming an true blue Aussie…Love the technique too..sandpaper on your shoes hahahaha

Kathryn Lakes Entrance

thanks Kathryn, I didn’t know Aussies were known for sandpaper skating! hahahahahhahah – someone called me out the other day for showing I’m a pommy by saying flip-flops, as if I don’t know they are thongs lol ;-)))))

6. Kelly says:

Love the wall of mirrors idea. Saw it done in a quaint, beachside apartment living room wall and with very similar mirrors to yours. So I say go for it!

7. Cizi says:

Sarah, I just love your posts, they make me smile. I’ve started putting flowers on my dining table in my best jars and jugs, I’m planning on a deck too. I hope I get to skate on it in my jammies, my neighbours would probably call the police at me in my undies. But what colour goes with 50s red brick? You know that orangy one that’s really glaring in the Aussie sun? Would one like yours be too much of a contrast? I think the mirrors will be brilliant with that lovely old bath, you have such a lovely way of putting things together. Good luck this weekend. :)

I know the brick you mean better than the McMansion kit homes that are going up I reckon! I’d go for something neutral with that brick or dare I say it white :-) hope that helps x

8. Fiona says:

gorgeous, the timber framed one is especially beautiful.

9. Jodi R says:

Your vintage mirrors are my weakness. I love love love love love them. Where do you find them?

I look out for them all the time – side of road, op-shops, garage sales – I love them and they come up every now and again – I don’t buy them on the aucthion sites though b/c they are way over-priced on there, best place is garage sales :-)

10. Libby Boyle says:

Yep, the mirrors are a definite! They will look fabulous.

11. Anonymous says:

Love you rag wool bath mat did you make it yourself

12. Love the mirror wall idea – Im not sure how much moisture or steam you get in your bathroom but maybe you could place a couple of nature prints (you know birds or floral types) or cross-stitch pics (under glass) in with the mirrors?? Just a thought :-) Show us the end result please!!!

ROFLMAO Stickytape skating!!

Try the mirrors, I’m sure they’ll look fabulous.

14. Cizi says:

Thanks Sarah, going to try some big pieces of card with different colours, I’m so hoping the white will be right! ;) Cizi

15. Rita says:

Hello there, just found your blog and like what I see. Is there any chance of finding out where the rack over the bath is from. We have just finished a new bathroom, all except for a rack for the bath!