Inspiration from the beach

Mon 4th, Nov, 2013

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

20131104-01-photo-70

Good morning, happy Monday from the beaches!

Sharing a BeachCottage inspirational ocean quote from my Facebook page this morning – many lovelies over there like this one so I thought you might like it too.   Please feel free to save, use as your wallpaper, pop on your phone, pin or share :-)

love

p.s. I’m working on a few things here for Love Your Christmas Home with ABeachCottage, a new series starting soon including a little daily message from me all the way up to Christmas with treats, inspiration and ideas to love your home (and yourself this Christmas), more deets on the way but if you want a pretty, comfy, Christmassy home that you love this year rather than a super-organised, cleaned to within an inch of its life one, stay tuned, we’re on the same wavelength :-)

20131104-01-photo-70

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

12 Responses to “Inspiration from the beach”

1. Kim says:

Hi Sarah … love your inspiration … but unfortunately, Salt Water, dosen’t heal everything … how do you think Salt Water is going to heal the loss of my son? … It may be a bit of fresh air but with all the reminders of the upcoming festive season, end of school year, graduations, accolades for uni students, New Year’s Celebrations but how do you really think Salt Water is going to heal me! And for those of you who may think I’m having a go at Sarah, and there will be, I am not … I’m just pointing out my own opinion and the way it is for me! Thank you Sarah for being you:) Kind regards Kim x o x

• Honeyaar(Sonal) says:

Oh dear Kim, I am so so sorry for your loss and acute pain…
      I cannot even imagine the loss of a beloved child…it is too too bitter to contemplate. I do understand only too well the loss of a key person in ones life.
      My father passed away fairly recently, however life with or without blue skies, salt water/ the beach and signs of renewal in spring continued along its cycle …yet we were stymied by this wretched part of the life cycle….death a too real part of life. Life was and still is in a fog that can’t always be cleared by the waves at the beach or the rays of the sun on the golden sand or the salt air / sea breeze.
      Only time…the continuation of these cycles of seasons …of day and night ..of life …slowly slowly …easing the physical and emotional break in our souls ……but it will never completely heal…we will just learn to live inspite of the break. God bless you with His peace and love and healing.xx

• Anonymous says:

Kim, I too lost my oldest child and my only son to a terrible disease, 18 years ago. It does get a bit easier over time. Right now I am sure it is difficult to believe.When my phone rings on Wednesday night, I still get half way across the floor thinking “there;s Cary” I have to make myself stop and return to where I was. Sometimes I can answer the call, sometimes I cannot.

My son was a hotel front desk manager, after his death, I received 138 hotel guests with their memories of his smile and helpful things he did for them. One from a young woman who had an extended stay. Her husband worked for FEMA and they helped during the flood in KC. She told me how difficult it was keep a 3 yr old entertained. Cary had arranged an outing to the zoo for them, complete with a lunch and transportation, She said her son still remembers my Cary when they look at pictures. I keep those 138 in a beautiful box and when I am really low, I take them out and read them. It gives me such a happy feeling to know that they knew what a wonderful kind man he was. I hope it gets easier for you. I am working on a scrapbook for my grandson (his
        only sister’s son) who Cary loved so much and was 21months old when he passed away. I have been working on it for a couple of years, some days I can and some I can’t. God Bless you!!
        y

2. Cizi says:

Hi Kim, so so sorry that you lost your son. My heart goes out to you. I can’t imagine how unbelievably awful that must be, I wish that we could all heal, and heal each other. Cizi

I was recently feeling a bit down about stuff when I was staying in a stunning uninhabited coastal location. I sat and watched the waves continuously smash against the coastline and realised no matter what happens to me the waves keep doing this. I don’t know why, but it made me feel better just watching the waves and realising this.

4. merilyn says:

hello sarah! … you and your work is always inspirational and healing for me!
    it’s about healing the spirit and salt water … any water in fact has that ability
    to sooth my soul … dealing with loss and hurt is always a huge life hurdle and the healing process can be long and hard, but daily reminders that uplift the spirit are certainly beneficial for me! thankyou with love m:)X

5. Neen says:

Thankyou Sarah,
    The beach helps me ‘re-set’ every time I visit, our kids have very strong feelings towards the healing power of the beach. At times it calms us, lets us relax and let go and at other times it gives us energy to change it up and move through stuff that has been holding us back.
    Beautiful photo,I might just copy it ;)
    Looking forward to your daily Christmas messages.
    Neen

6. I’m just unable to have a spotless house, so I guess it means we’re on the same wavelength?

7. Jenny says:

Hi Sarah & all who have commented. My husband (an old salty sea-dog!) has used that expression too, but his has a little extra to it: “Salt water heals everything – be it tears, sweat or the sea.” When you look at it like that, it might be even more comforting. Of course, loss & grief are a huge burden on our souls, especially at times when everyone else around us is celebrating, but I believe time does diminish the intensity. Shedding tears, and doing something soothing like watching the ocean’s endless ebb & flow can be tremendously healing.