A Beach Cottage Love Your Christmas Home DAY 1
Mon 11th, Nov, 2013
Welcome to Love Your Christmas Home!
I’ve been quite over-whelmed by the huge response I have had to Love Your Christmas Home! …when I first was thinking about Loving Your Christmas Home after I had had, over the course of a few days, email after email about the perfect Christmas and how to be so super-organised I would have checklists of checkslists and a clean and tidy bathroom cabinet ready for the Christmas matron to inspect , I decided to put out a little note in my newsletter to see if anyone else would be interested in not a purrrrfect Christmas with every single thing done and dusted but Christmas with a calm loved home and a mama, while not super-woman and definitely having forgotten things, who was actually having quite a nice time herself too this year. One with a bit of festive sparkle, you know?
Boom, lots of you felt the same, heaps and heaps of you (thank you!) have signed up for the daily email to Love Your Christmas Home which has fueled me on even more….(if you want a daily email too just click here and add your details or scroll down to the end of this post - make sure you check the Love Your Christmas Home box – if you are already a newsletter subscriber you will just need to go to a newsletter from me and update your preferences to include the Christmas Home emails)
Sooo here’s the first thing we are going to do : we are going to get some inspiration going and we are going to make a good old foofy Beach Cottage meal of it, if there’s one thing I know how to do it’s enjoy looking at home inspiration!
Love Your Christmas Home Mission
Dream up your vision of a pretty (not perfect) Christmas! .
* Spend some quality time with yourself thinking about the festive season and how it will be….make this time a treat, pour yourself a nice drink or make a cup of tea, put up a Do Not Disturb sign (I’ll be doing mine in the bath), open some chocolate or maybe a slice of cake and spend some happy time thinking about loving your Christmas home. Light a candle, put your feet up, test out new wines and make it lovely, this is the start of your Christmas fun. Love it. What does your pretty and calm Christmas look like? Mine is lots of fairy lights, not a lot of bother and Christmas traditions our family have come to love.
* gather inspiration – get yourself a pretty notebook and start a Pinterest board and start musing how you want your Christmas to be (not your kiddos, your family or anyone else, just you) You can find A Beach Cottage Coastal Christmas board on Pinterest over here. Come over and join me and get lost for a while in Christmas over on Pinterest – pop all sorts of things into the search bar at the top and you’ll be inspired and before long have a lovely little stash of things to inspire you to make this year lovely.
* use this place over the next few weeks to pop in simple ideas, tear things from the brochures coming through the doors, keep recipes you see for easy entertaining and pin stuff from blogs, save things from the weekend papers – I started doing this at the weekend, a few of the flyers in the letterbox had some lights I liked at the discount store and a gorgeous drinks dispenser for the deck – I ripped them out and popped them into my notebook.
* think about colour schemes and think about what you’ve already got, I learnt pretty quickly that for Christmas to work for me it needs to look nice but mostly it mustn’t be too labour intensive or budget heavy hence why I get huge bang for my buck from twinkly lights and keep the colour scheme pretty simple.
* Mostly enjoy this little ritual, it’s the start of a special Christmas, you can have a pretty, non-stressy Christmas, trust me I’ve had one (yes really) and this is where it begins!
If you would like to print off the Love Your Christmas Home Planner, there’s a little list of happy things to do in there too, then go here to print off the PDF, a happy Christmas Home inspiration place - it’s totally free too xo
What do you want your home to look like this Christmas, I’d really love to know some of your ideass on how you make your home pretty and festive? Leave me a comment if you like and I’ll be posting some reader ideas on the blog soon – oh and pop over to Facebook too if you fancy it, we’ll be talking pretty holiday homes over there :-)