Beach Cottage Decor Deck Renovation Sneak Peek

Wed 2nd, Oct, 2013

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

20131002-01-abeachcottage-blog-deck-reno-abeachcottage.com_

Hi, how are you Beach Cottage ladies, want to see a corner of the deck renovation, well I am here with that today.  I have been a little under the weather since the weekend, just a head cold, though to be honest feels more like man flu to me ;-)   I took myself off to bed and got waited on by various members of the Beach Cottage Crew which was quite nice and think I am over the worst of it (for me it always seems to be awful before it hits, once the symptoms kick in I feel a bit better).

20131002-02-diy-deck-renovation-abeachcottage.com-beach-cottage-coastal-home-decorating-blog

Anyway at the weekend we got to painting the balustrades around the very large and yellow deck…ummm if you are planning a small gathering or perhaps an intimate wedding our new deck may be the place, it certainly is not small lol…

20131002-03-beach-cottage-blog-abeachcottage.com-deck-renovation-

Full post to come on what we did and the before afters etc but for now just a little corner, until my head feels better again and not like a group of young lads kicked it around a football pitch for an hour…

20131002-04-beach-house-decorating-ideas-abeachcottage.com-coastal-corner-adirondack-chairs-nautical-stripes-flowers

…we made over the Adirondacks with a coat of fresh paint, they were looking a bit tired.  I’ve been looking online and locally for outdoor furniture but have found nothing that makes me squeal in delight and dream of all night long…there is a lot of black resin wicker around and that’s not for me.

20131002-05-beach-house-coastal-living-decor-abeachcottage.com-pretty-country-flowers-in-vintage-french-bottle-

So for now we have made over some timber bits we had around – amazing how an old sun lounger has come up with some love and some paint and after doing that it made me realise I want natural wood, whitewashed as the case may be or not.

OK pop over for tea this arvo in this little spot if you like, I’ll be there with my head cold and a pot ;-)

See ya

20131002-01-abeachcottage-blog-deck-reno-abeachcottage.com_

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

29 Responses to “Beach Cottage Decor Deck Renovation Sneak Peek”

1. Sharon Nickel says:

Hi Sarah
    I didn’t go to work today because I described my head as groggy but your description is probably closer. We have had Austrian friends staying this week and I think I might have wine and strudel overload.
    Love the corner. We need to give our deck a fresh overhaul and paint our Adirondacks. Did you put the timber on the little side table?

Hi Sharon

I hope you get better, this is a humdinger of a virus going around, though I am glad I have got it out of the world early this season!

Yes Mr BC made the top of the table from old slats of timber we found on the side of the road…I’ll be doing a post on the table, we also found that for free and it was in a sorry way but I am pleased with the result while I look for something else…though I’ll probably not find anything that isn’t either modern or black lol!
      x

2. Nola says:

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well but that little corner looks like a great place to sit-would be fun to come and have a cuppa with you and talk about decorating(my fav subject ) but I can only dream as I live in adelaide which I might add is now back to winter weather. Can’t wait to see the rest of the deck. Take care.

thanks Nola, brrr I am glad our Winter has gone here, it was a very easy one too and now Spring has been in the mid twenties most days so more like Summer, I’m not complaining haha x

3. Sam says:

Hi Sarah ….your deck looks great…..the flooring does’t look to yellow in the photos!

I still haven’t received your newsletter…..

Cheers Sam

4. Dimity says:

Just stunning Sarah! Did you treat the furniture with anything special to stand up to the aussie elements? Oh, and if you find a great place for outdoor furniture, let us know! I have been looking too and am yet to find anything i love. xo

Hi Dimity

No I didn’t but I do use exterior paint specifically for Australian elements and so far so good all of them have held up well apart from a Dulux we used which was useless! cheers Sarah x

• Jennifer says:

Yep, I have found Dulux exterior is terrible too! Solarguard all the way for us. Looks great, hope you are feeling better soon, just in time for the kids to go back to school :P

oh right interesting, I thought it was just me thinking it wasn’t very good! I bought Dulux b/c I trusted the brand, the tin was huge and not cheap and it was dreadful and a complete waste of time we had to get other paint and re-do it, not happy!

yes I am hoping to be better but still not feeling great this evening :-)

5. merilyn says:

hi sarah, sorry to hear you are under the weather :( … must be getting rid of the toxins!
    hope you are soaking up that sunshine in Sydney for a vitamin d hit!
    or is it like sth aus this is awful here @ the moment!
    that corner of the deck looks great! … and “it’s” fading!
    tuck yourself up with the quilt over you, in that corner and be waited on! … cheers m :)x

thanks Merilyn, yes it is definitely fading from the bright yellow it was however I will be staining it grey very soon lol xxo

6. Karen says:

Simply gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon and get to enjoy more sitting on the new deck x

7. Jan Withers says:

Hi Sarah. Your deck is lovely. You must be so happy with it. We spend a lot of time on our deck during the summer. Just love your chair – have been dropping hints for one for years, might get one soon.

I looked hard and not one paint drip! Hope you are back on deck soon.

PS I’m always inspired by the way you create your success. By chance I came across Richard Branson’s “Screw it! Just do it.” and read it last week. An easy read with some good messages.

• alison says:

PPS Yesterday I went to a talk by Australian author, Susan Duncan. She’s another person who makes things happen and creates opportunities despite her life’s ups and downs. I put her name on your recent book list.

I like the sound of that thanks :-)

oh there are drips ahahhaha

9. Jenny McAteer says:

Hi Sarah,

Hope you are feeling better soon. The corner makeover is very inviting, just the place to spend some time in recovering from a nasty spring bug. It looks as the yellow is fading a little, however can’t wait to see the grey stain, think it will look amazing.

10. Lisa Mckenzie says:

There is a nasty virus going around at the moment we have had it and it is not nice i hope you feel better soon,your deck ls looking wonderful Sarah so pretty and would love a cup of tea with you x

yes a nice cup of English Australian tea haha on the deck would be nice….maybe a reader get together? :-))))))))

11. bev says:

Hope you feel yourself soon and the little corner looks so relaxing . I want the table !!!

12. Mog says:

Hope you get to feeling better soon. That looks like a lovely corner to recuperate. You did a great job with the chair, it’s perfect. Looking forward to seeing more of the deck.

13. Excited for the rest! These snippets promise good things…

14. Karen says:

I am also not keen on the fake cane/resin look of outdoor furniture, so I went to eBay for inspiration and bought an original cane setting – a two seat sofa and two armchairs – for $60!!! I paint bombed it with white paint and got some new cushion covers made up. I’m lucky that it sits on my verandah under cover, so not completely exposed to the elements. It looks fantastic, is so so comfortable to sit on and I feel pretty happy with myself that I saved us potentially thousands of dollars, and have a truly ‘one-off’ outdoor setting. I’d be happy to send you a pic if you like…. Karen x

15. Kerri says:

Your deck looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see more :)
    Where did you find the little blue and white rug? I’d live to find something similar :)

16. Deb says:

Thanks for the sneak peek of the deck. It looks cozy and inviting. Love the side table and flowers.
    Feel better soon.