Beach Cottage Weekending Spring Edition

Thu 12th, Sep, 2013

25 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 21 Google+ 4 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 25 Flares ×

20130912-01-ruffled-French-polka-dot-top

Hi what’s cooking good looking Beach Cottage ladies?   Well it’s a fine and dandy morning here in Beach Cottage Land and a bit of Weekending…

Weekends seem to go by in a haze of late.

20130912-02-beach-cottage-coastal-decorating-blog-summer-australia

Life is busy but somehow even though the pace speeds up sometimes at the weekend it slows down too.

20130912-03-beach-cottage-blog-herbs-abeachcottage.com_

The days are getting warmer, the sun is high in the sky now by mid-morning, the sun is streaming through the front of this old cottage when we rise.  Cable-knits are packed away and cotton dresses are back in rotation.

20130912-04-beach-cottage-barley

20130912-05-beach-cottage-blog-weekending-laundry-abeachcottage.com_

Lounging in Adirondacks.

20130912-06-a-beach-cottage-blog-

Birds are singing and windows are open.

20130912-07-coastal-vintage-style-abeachcottage.com_

Sun hats on heads.  Summer scarves.
20130912-08-beach-cottage-blog-australia

Sandals come out to play.   Home-made peach jam.

20130912-09-summer-sandals-a-beach-cottage-coastal-decorating-blog-

Laundry gets lighter and paler, (though no less in quantity) as Spring rolls in.   The greens are getting deeper, looking up is nice.   Herbs are thriving.  Gumboot wearing.

Happy warm breezy days.

I’ll see you soon, I have a makeover to show you, I’ve been painting.

xx

20130912-10-hunter-boots

Thrifting yields polka dot ruffled silk tops from Paris.  Lavender blooms are prolific.

20130912-11-decorate-a-coastal-house-

25 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 21 Google+ 4 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 25 Flares ×

26 Responses to “Beach Cottage Weekending Spring Edition”

1. Lisa AKASunnie"Kendall says:

This I’s my favorite site! I love n live the beach n these ideas n colors etc! I thank you so much! I’m an artist n my work has changed around by beach finds and salt!

2. Jenny McAteer says:

Hi Sarah,

Oh your spring photo’s are feeding my soul this morning as I struggle to get going in the mist of a yucky storm that has hit Auckland today and prob friday as well. Fingers crossed the forcasters have got it right and our bright sunny weather will return in full force on Sunday. I look forward to your next makeover.

3. Marie says:

Loving it all Sarah – gorgeous photography and styling as always.

I’ve never ever had a pet in my entire life but I look at your Barls looking so cute, fluffy and sleepy – perhaps the time has come to share our home with a wee pooch :)

Marie x

4. Cizi says:

Hi Sarah, love your site, love the photos, have serious beach cottage envy, but how come I missed the harem pants, and where do I find them?
    cizi xx

Lovely, easy breeze images…Does these eyes much good :)…

6. Lovely lovely lovely!! Betcha can guess my fave pic??!!? xx

7. Claire says:

Extra gorgeous photos today Sarah, such sharp focus, I love them all! Thanks for brightening up my morning x

8. Lidija says:

Hi Sarah,
    this polka dot blouse is beautiful, and this little guy on bed is so cute :-D
    Enjoy the spring and please, kiss Barley for me ;-)*
    Lidija

9. Jo says:

I miss your What I Wore posts. I loved seeing your outfits. I would kill for that blouse. It combines three most perfect elements – gray, polka dots and ruffles. Can it get any better??!!

tell me about it, I love it

I got a bit shy about fashion posts – feels a bit silly at my age and I don’t like fashion lol!!! hence why I am doing them on my newsletter rather than putting them out to the internet – if you are interested sign up xoxxo

10. Jan Lyden says:

Hi Sarah, I love your blog and always look forward to hearing from you and seeing your beautiful photos. It is relaxing looking at your photos of your life in Australia! I love the cute leather sandals!!! I suppose they were made by an Australian company???? I live in the U.S….. any chance I could buy them here? Thanks for all the posts! Jan

11. Anonymous says:

I love the colour of your blouse. What brand are your sandals?

12. Kathy S says:

Hi Sarah ….a wonderful post as always. I havent followed you lately …but love your decorating,family recipes, your style (was curious if i might get a glimpse of your face :) and love your little Barley…but so funny as i clicked on here and scrolled down…it felt just like coming to visit an old friend…thx as always for a wonderful blog , love your style and personality you can feel thru your writing, have a great spring , I am from Canada and we are just heading into fall , but having a really wonderful warm fall so far :) Have a great weekend !!

thanks kathy :-)

welcome back – there was a post recently with the lighthouse where there is a pic of me :-))) – I am not one for plastering myself over the internet lol xoxox

13. Silvia says:

love these shoes and your blog also ;-)

14. shar y says:

Barls!!

15. Lisa Mckenzie says:

I love you pics Sarah so pretty and they capture the spring so well,Thankyou x

16. Lisa Mckenzie says:

Beautiful silk French thrifted blouse good job Sarah and those pictures are divine!

17. Alison says:

Absolutely beautiful Sarah!! Your photos brighten my day!! :)