beach cottage does country living farmhouse style

Wed 25th, Sep, 2013

1.5K Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1.5K Buffer 4 1.5K Flares ×

20130925-01-beach-cottage-blog-farmhouse-country-living-room-

Good morning Beach Cottage friends, checking in today with a beautiful lunch at a gorgeous farm house cottage from the country on the Sunshine Coast, I know you all love old houses and Australian country style as much as I do and this one had me squirming in delight…

20130925-02-country-farmhouse-bedroom-abeachcottage.com_ 20130925-03-country-style-succulents-abeachcottage.com_

Recently I wrote on here about trending and how ‘on trend’ was so the opposite about how I feel about interiors…to me interiors is about comfort and love and home not whether or not you can afford the latest ‘thing’.

20130925-04-cottage-farmhouse-table-abeachcottage.com_

So this house is exactly what I mean, a beautiful old farm house cottage that has been renovated exactly the way I like it, keeping original features and updating it without ripping out the guts or changing too much.

20130925-05-farmhouse-austrlian-country-style-abeachcottage.com_ 20130925-09-abeachcottage-coastal-style-blog-bedroom-farmhouse 20130925-08-beach-cottage-coastal-country-style- 20130925-06-farmhouse-style-living-country-abeachcottage.com_

A simple neutral pallette with pops of lovely aqua, rustic texture and beautiful things gathered from all over the world.
20130925-10-beach-cottage-blog-farmhouse-living-room- 20130925-11-a-beach-cottage-australian-country-style-

You just want to sit down and never leave…

20130925-12-old-vintage-farmhouse-australian-country-style-abeachcottage.com_ 20130925-14-succulents-abeachcottage.com_ 20130925-13-beach-cottage-country-farmhouse

Lots of little quirky bits and pieces, loved things beautifully displayed without being ‘styled’

20130925-15-australian-country-style-farmhouse-living

…every pore of this house spoke comfort and life…

I love style like this, not from the pages of the latest homey catalogue but rather a unique authentic style.

20130925-16-austrlian-country-style-living-farmhouse-fire-abeachcottage

I’m always always asked about how to makeover homes without a huge budget – well this old farmhouse shows you what can be done – painted furniture, gathered pieces, original walls washed with a neutral palette and stripped back floors…

20130925-17-country-living-australian-country-style-farmhouse-lifestyle

It’s home to a lovely girl Simone and her sweet family, plus ponies, who is a friend of my friend Nikki at StylingYou and I was lucky enough to be invited for lunch, talk about living the dream, there I was sitting under a mango tree, looking out at the Australian countryside under a gorgeous sky and bathed in sunshine…there may or may not have been a mango cocktail involved

20130925-18-australian-country-style-farmhouse-country-living-

..I’m very grateful for this new life in this amazing country that just gets better and better, that is for sure.

I’ll be back soon with some more pics of the garden, the lunch and the countryside, oh and the pooch ;-)

20130925-19-farmhouse-style-decor-abeachcottage

16 Responses to “beach cottage does country living farmhouse style”

1. Honeyaar(Sonal) says:

Yup….Lovely REAL homes with individual touches that have purpose an meaning are far more beautyfull than those that jump on the latest trends…whether they are found in high end publications or just ‘trending’ on twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc. This home is pretty and soft with pastels…without newness or signs of ‘perfection’ . ….well done to the lovely folk who live there.

2. Jenny McAteer says:

Hi Sarah, thanks for the awsome pictures, the pictures of this beautiful home have given me a lift on a yucky wet misty auckland day. I agree with you whole heartly about real homes for real families, it is these homes that nuture us and not those over styled trending homes that are often thrust upon us in magazines as the perfect home. I have exactly the same round dinning table as the one in your pictures,however mine has not been worked yet and is still in a horrible brown state that has been well covered by a white crochet table cloth. I was planning on painting it white but have met strong opposition from the rest of the family so the aqua blue as shown in the photo will hopefully be the way to go. Am so looking forward to the rest of your photo’s of the garden. The one that you posted on facebook was just fab.

3. mel says:

Gorgeous, love how fresh and warm it looks!
    We’re renting at the moment so I hold back on making a home too much but I do love to hunt and gather bits and bobs and display all our interesting bits in an attractive but not styled way. Overly styled home just look cold and unfriendly to me, that’s why I love reading blogs and seeing how real people decorate their homes using their precious items. Looking forward to more pictures :)

4. Oh what an afternoon. I just knew you had to meet Simone and see her beautiful home. Her home is such a reflection of her. x

5. kim says:

Hi there Sarah,
    Just love this house! Do you have any photos of the kitchen ?
    It would be great if you could post them ?
    Thanks

6. And there’s a pooch too?? Yep…this house is very cool!!! The best bit for me is the hall runner…crooked and off to the side…just like REAL LIFE!!!?! Gorgeous….xx

7. Kat says:

Oh Sarah, what a gorgeous home.
    I absolutely love it!! Especially those pops of aqua.
    From the little touches of aqua, to the chippy painted white chairs, to the succulents.
    Love, love, love!
    Thanks for sharing. It really does look like a home that is loved and lived in.

8. merilyn says:

looks like you are enjoying your holiday in that beautiful region sarah!
    good for you, you deserve it! great pics as usual!
    one’s home is a reflection of the person’s personality …
    gathered bits and pieces that mean something to that person and the lifestyle one creates.
    individuality is the idea! … always nurture creativity… enjoy! … cheers! m:)x

9. Susan says:

What are the rugs? They look very cozy, and I would love to know what they are made of, from, etc.

10. Felicity says:

I could move in today, my style and my dream home. Thanks for the awesome pics.

11. Bec says:

Thanks for posting these lovely pics! My taste is very similar to this – lots of aqua with natural timber tones. Looking forward to the rest of the photos

12. Mog says:

Lovely and the pops of aqua are perfect especially against the leather sofa. Love the wood stove too. I love real homes that look like someone actually lived in them rather than the styled ones in magazines and your pins are always favorites. Yes, I pinned some except the ones that displayed sideways.

13. Marnie says:

Oh Sarah, what a beautiful interior. It is done just beautifully… Can I ask what area it is around?

14. lisa says:

Do they have a website to browse ?

15. Anonymous says:

Beautiful interiors.

I have the same succulents which are looking very tired in their current pot. I was going to compost them but now I am inspired to repot. Thanks!