Thu 1st, Aug, 2013

38 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 38 Buffer 0 38 Flares ×

Well would you believe it, look what have made their way into Beach Cottage Land today…

I have been after a couple of old white peely vintage shutters for a while….good things come to those who wait don’t they say?

This a quick pic from my phone, I’ll show you more once I’ve cleaned them up a bit, they are VERY dirty…and peely and have a pinky shell coloured paint underneath…

I’m going to give these babies some coastal love…you know what I’m doing while eating jam doughnuts tonight..

Sarah :)

38 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 38 Buffer 0 38 Flares ×

27 Responses to “a quickie vintage peely white paint Beach Cottage treasure! Oh yeah, come to mumma”

1. Marie says:

You lucky DOG!!! :)

2. Honeyaar(Sonal) says:

Bonjour Madame!
    Comment allez-vous?
    Eet is a very very fine day non? Madame has found zee coastal shutters for zee tres maqnifique cottage. Oui they are p.e.r.f.e.c.t !!
    C’est si Bon….I can not wait for zee “Voila” after pictures of zee transformation.
    Merci Sarah :-) eet is so much pleasure to see your lovely projects, your pictures and zee artistry of your styling.
    ( especially as I have had a coupla emotional days with mon pere in zee hospital in serious condition….we were very afraid to lose heem. But allors by zee grace of God we are blessed to have papa still…)

OK, pass me a jam doughnut please while I watch you transform your latest project. You really do dream great stuff into your life. :)

4. Marlene says:

They are the most perfect shabby shutters out there. Congratulations.

5. kirsty says:

Nice find Sarah. Can’t wait to see what you do with those. I had 2 shutters on an outside cupboard that I took off and repainted recently. Loving them but not yet sure exactly what i’m going to do with them – at the moment, i’m liking moving them around the house.

6. Candy says:

How did my old shutters makes their way to Australia?? Seriously, I had two that were almost identical to those. Downsized a few years ago and they went the way of a lot of my treasures. One of the many things I regret letting go! They are keepers and so hard to find in that wonderfully peely condition. WTG!!!

thanks! they aren’t actually that vintage but they are lovely, they’ll need work to get them looking as I want…not a bad find but I am still on the lookout for real lovely old ones that are thick and heavy :-)

• Anonymous says:

Well, I guess I can be assured they werent’t mine as mine were very thick and extremely heavy. Got them in Memphis which is a civil war town that was saved from being burned down in th civil war. So many wonderful old, and I mean OLD, homes there. Consequently, finding treasures was much easier than here in FL! Still, yours look nice and much easier to move around. I hung mine on the wall and had to have husband do the heavy lifting :-)

7. chase allen says:

I like your post and blog site. I am going to re-blog it on my blog…hope you don’t mind. Keep up the good work.

best wishes,

Chase Allen

8. Great find! Be careful not to drop any jam on them!

9. Jill says:

Ooohhh lovely! Perfect for my ‘French window’ ;)

10. Anonymous says:

Oh love it!!! I have to tell you that I’m so pleased to be awake this morning. Last night I had this dream that I met you. I was in my worstest gardening clothes, you were all looking fantastically gorgeous. I was having you over for a bloggy catch up thingy and for some reason I was holding the little gettogether in a rental house that was half unpacked with boxes everywhere and crap all over the place. I prepared this meal for our lunch and you wouldn’t eat it. Next time I looked at the plate it had all this congealed chicken fat all over it. No wonder! You brought along this amazing citrus cheesecake all prettied up and we were all throwing my food in the bin so we could devour your yummy food. Weirdest dream ever. So I’m hoping that when I do meet you one day I will be dressed in my noicest clothes it will all be lovely and not nightmarish at all. Hahaha!!! Jut thought I’d share that with you to brighten up your day;) xx

more like I was the one in the gardening clothes lol!

hmmm now you’ve got me thinking about citrus cheescake ;-)

11. Kim H says:

That was me up there ^^^ x

12. merilyn says:

yes … patience is a virtue sarah … well done!
    they look perfect for your beach cottage!
    I love them how they are … very “shabby chic” if we can coin a phrase!
    lol m:) x

thanks I am hoping they come up really well – they actually aren’t that old or vintage but the painting and peeling is good!

13. Excellent work there!!!

14. Tricia Rose says:

Oh shutter up! don’t clean them too much.

MIne fell apart : {

15. Oh Sarah, No doubt about you…..you have a fabulous eye for vintage. I just love you shutters! If they have kittens can I have some….lol. Once again you have managed to put a smile on my face yesteday, sorry for the delay in the comments. Keep well.

thanks, yes they are lovely, though they aren’t as old as I would like, certainly not super-special but I think I can make them very nice!

Tell me Sarah… Have you ever considered playing lotto? With your luck I think you may hit jackpot money wise! These babies in themselves are jackpot too!

17. Elvina says:

Well it is looking so beautiful. One of the perfect arrangement..

18. Lisa Mckenzie says:

They are lovely and yes good things come to those who wait xx