More on the not there any more Beach Cottage Wall

Fri 16th, Aug, 2013

27 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 26 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 27 Flares ×

20130816-01-beach-cottage-kitchen-makeover-abeachcottagecom3

Well G’day from sunny Sydney Beach Cottage lovelies!  Wow it’s been a stunner of a day here today.  You’ll be very pleased to learn that I’ve been Muffin Top Reducing this morning by the way of walking by the sea and in the bush…very very nice way to exercise.  I’ve done well this week with Muffin Reducing, woobah.

Now back to this old cottage…

Well, you know what it feels like we have a new house, I actually can’t believe it, did I say that about this already?

I thought you might like to see how the kitchen with the peeling IKEA units is looking sans wall.

20130816-02-abeachcottage-kitchen-

It also is now mostly, on this side sans dust – the other side took a bit longer…boy you wouldn’t believe the amount of dust that comes from knocking down and re-plastering a wall…

So obviously this is just temporary until I decide what to do in this kitchen, I’m going to give myself a couple of months like this to see – this weekend we need to paint the wall and finish the floorboards that have been replaced so that they are the same colour.  Monday new lights go in.

I have seen the kitchen of my dreams on Pinterest.   It hit me straight between the eyes.

Sadly clearly no-one lives in it.  Certainly 3 kiddos, a dog and a woman who loves china don’t.

See you next time.

20130816-01-beach-cottage-kitchen-makeover-abeachcottagecom3

27 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 26 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 27 Flares ×

13 Responses to “More on the not there any more Beach Cottage Wall”

Book flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Details please.

oh haha we are going overseas and I am going off on two trips, so I have a lot of flights to get booked!

Look at your good looking cheeseboard standing there behind your fabulous kitchen aid… Have you considered putting your oven where that gorgeous door is leaning and making your kitchen a lovely u shape? It really looks so much bigger… Perception is such an amazing mood altering phenomenon! Have a lovely weekend!

3. Honeyaar(Sonal) says:

Allo Sarah!
    Where ya going then eh if ya need to book flights ASAP?
    Don’t go! Not now that the Waalll is gone….
    We need more pics….moreeee picccssssss please pleaassseeee……
    It is just a big tease init! …before some BIG reveals…yeah :-D
    Hehehe…

4. So lovely and bright!!

5. Claire says:

I really believe in living with a ‘new’ room/house for a bit and waiting for the ideas to come, rather than rushing into things. Can’t wait to see what you decide on! Have a great, dust-free weekend Sarah x

6. Deb from Maine says:

I love it! The whole thing is fabulous.. the Ikea cabinets don’t took bad from here. Don’t see any peeling. I love the counter top and I am still looking for a small ladder to hang from the ceiling as you did….I have so much stuff just waiting to come out of cabinets and hung. I wish my husband was handy like Mr. BC. You are one lucky lady!

7. DeAna says:

I want to be like you when I grow up :)

8. Karen says:

It looks HUGE now! You should rollerskate around in celebration! x

9. Kim H says:

Wow! It’s looking fantastic and so light and airy. I love the look of your kitchen. I reckon you should stick with it:) Shame about the IKEA quality though. Can’t wait to see it in a few months time:) x

10. Sarah says:

Absolutely LOVE the freestanding IKEA units – they are so great looking – the kitchen looks great, almost like nothing else needs to be done?!!? ;-)

11. Anonymous says:

Can you give me an idea of the cost of removing the wall? Thinking of doing something similar but we are on a teeny weeny budget and it isn’t something we need/have to do immediately – leaking bathroom has to come first!

it wasn’t cheap which is why we waited a while – though wished we had done it sooner – we were quoted between $1500 and $3000 for the knock down and to make good…hth x