Beach Cottage Beauty, honey, lemon & sugar DIY face scrub recipe

Fri 26th, Jul, 2013

123 Flares Twitter 5 Facebook 52 Google+ 8 Pin It Share 55 Buffer 3 123 Flares ×

20130726-01-DIY-BEAUTY-Lemon-and-honey-face-scrub-recipe-abeachcottage.com_

G’day Beach Cottage ladies, how the devil are you this fine Friday, now how about we play lotions and potions today and slap a few things on our faces?   C’mon you know you want to.

I have written before on this here little coastal corner of the web that I like to whip up things to use as beauty products – simple DIY home-made beauty products defo be my thing.

I am not quite sure where this came from, but I have done most of them – you know the old mayonnaise on the hair thing, crack an egg on your head, vinegar in just about everything, milk in the bath…some of these have not gone down so well and I have, more than once, found myself smelling like a fish and chip shop rather than wafting around flicking my shiny locks all over the beaches.

20130726-02-DIY-face-mask-scrub-recipe-super-easy-budget-friendly-store-cupboard-ingredients-honey-lemon-sugar-abeachcottage.com_

However this little recipe for a lemon and honey face scrub is divine, it won’t make you smell strange, it’s cheap, store-cupboard and if you can stir things together you can make it (it’s also delicious, ask me how I know).

I’ve done similar things to this with lemon and sugar and various other concoctions before and recently I have been having funny things going on with my skin, it’s never been sensitive to anything much, but I noticed that it was not happy with a few things (cough cough to washing it with men’s soap in the shower, too lazy to do a beauty routine)….I also noticed it was dry…I got up in the morning and it was grey and dull….one day I looked in the mirror and thought gosh I must be dead.

20130726-03-face-mask-DIY-honey-sugar-lemon-scrub-recipe-abeachcottage.com_

So I needed action and felt a scrub was the way to go…you know zap away those millions of tiny bits of skin that were making one look not quite so bright and breezy…yup, I’d make myself a little scrub and boom shaka would glide out of bed in the morning, not thinking oh what did I actually pass over to the other side last night, but instead I would waft around in an organic glow of lemon scrubbed glory.

I’ve tried this honey and lemon sugar face scrub a few ways as in different amounts of each ingredient and different ways of storing it etc but by far the easiest way  is to just make up a little batch and keep it in the bathroom…the amount below is good to just see if you like it …if you do I’d make at least double…it keeps pretty well

20130726-01-DIY-BEAUTY-Lemon-and-honey-face-scrub-recipe-abeachcottage.com_

DIY BEAUTY RECIPE

Lemon & Honey Sugar Scrub Recipe

1 tbsp olive oil

juice of half a lemon

1 tbsp honey

1/2 cup sugar

1. whisk all together

2. scrub on face

3. feel the glow man

OK, I am off for a picnic today…starting with a coffee and a very nice morning tea at a very nice cafe and then a little bit of Vitamin D catching….

I’ll be seeing you lovelies again

20130726-05-simple-easy-DIY-scrub-recipe-super-budget-friendly-too-beach-cottage-beauty-diy-face-scrub-honey-lemon-and-sugar-abeachcottage.com_

27 Responses to “Beach Cottage Beauty, honey, lemon & sugar DIY face scrub recipe”

1. Selby says:

Yum! Sounds a lovely face treat- my skins been a bit tragic of late so this might be just the ticket:)

Thanks for the share!

mine has been awful…this has helped, I think it might be the olive oil and honey :-) …kinda soothing x

2. Mumofsix says:

Yum! I mean fab! Will definitely be trying. I used to love making cosmetics as a young girl. I remember slapping some oaty concoction on my sister once and our dog trying to eat it off her face! Yuck.

3. Honeyaar(Sonal) says:

Ah bien Mme Beach Cottage!!!
    Eet is very preetie in zee jzar oui and zee plate…..with zee preetie preetie spoons….
    Perrfect for zee lead to zee spring!! Marveilleux ;-))
    Merci !!!!
    Ps..enjoy zee Le picnique x

4. Rose D. Frenchtown, NJ USA says:

Love this!

5. Anonymous says:

dahling, you must show a before and after of your own pretty face please! ps ,love the coffee and tea and vitamin D outing! perfectly me! xo jody

6. Ellen says:

Wow, i apologize for spelling your name wrong I Don’t know how many times. And it is also my daughter’s name, same spelling. Say something, ok? I mean aren’t we supposed to be talking like we’re at your kitchen table, lemon scrubs upon our aging skin? I love this idea, Sarah and I’m going to make enough for my daughters and daughter in law. I love the colorful, thinking of you idea gift! Thanks as always. I am quite excited. :)

7. Yummo! Glad your SR plate is still going strong. I broke mine :(

Doesn’t that knitted thingy in your lovely photos have a million and one uses?!

yeah I wish wish I could find more…any ideas?

• alison says:

My knitted thingy was a gift from New Zealand. At the time I thought it was a bit weird and old fashioned but it has a million and one uses.

My long term plan is to knit a few of these thingies myself in various colours and sizes. Well, guess I just add that brilliant idea to my “To Do” list. I knit Trauma Teddies for the Red Cross and my production of those has slowed of late. (Google Red Cross Trauma Teddy knitting pattern)

yes I thought about making one, guessing I would need big knit needles, ain’t gonna happen anytime soon….

I did see some on Pinterest…talk about laughable budget haha xx

9. merilyn says:

looks and sounds great sarah … certainly trying this,
    I might end up looking 40! worth the try
    you always make me laugh! thankyou m:)x

10. Eleni says:

The best treat for our face is to use natural products. And there is no better than the lemon and the honey….! Very nice. I am going to try it for sure…!

11. Gabrielle says:

I have all those ingredients so I should do this..my skin is looking a little be yucky lately,,,

12. Ivy Lane says:

I am gonna try this on my feet! I think they will get a “kick” out of it! and look good too~ :)

xoxo,

Ivy

I think they will – I would add a bit more sugar if it’s for your feet so you get a bit more rought and it sticks more x

13. Linda jenkins says:

I made and used this yesterday Sarah- thanks for sharing – felt all flushed and glowing afterwards, Linda

14. Lisa Mckenzie says:

Yes i have know about honey being fab for your face for a while,i buy my organic honey from a lovely lady who keeps bees and she tells me you can also just put a bit of honey in the fridge and make it go candied and it does the same thing,and it would make a great body scrub as well,thankyou Sarah x

15. [...] 4: Beach Sand Scrub // Cucumber Hair Treatment // Seaweed Facial Row 5: $5 Pedicure // Lemon & Honey Face Scrub // Cucumber Hair Rinse Row 6: Leave-In Conditioning Spray // Homemade Detangler [...]