Beach Cottage Travels, A Weekend in the Australian Country

Tue 25th, Jun, 2013

32 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 27 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 5 32 Flares ×

20130625-01-a-beach-cottage-winter-sun-abeachcottage.com-1-of-1

G’day lovely Beach Cottage girlfriends, how the devil are you, now would you like to come with me today for a Wintery trip to the Australian country?…oh a visit to an Australian country town, yes please!

If you have been a reader of this blog for a while, you will, by now, know that there is nothing I like better than getting to see more of the best country in the world and the Lucky Country certainly hasn’t disappointed yet… and at the weekend, well it just got a whole lot better…I took a leetle trip to Beth’s house and explored Bowral, Burranwang for a friend’s 40th…lots of fun and the opportunity to delight in what is Australian country style.  Love love love that.

20130625-02-beach-house-blog-abeachcottage.com 20130625-14-gold-1-of-1 20130625-13-abeachcottage-coastal-vintage-beach-decor-ideas-abeachcottage.com_1 20130625-12-vscosuperia100-5-of-28 20130625-11-coastal-living-blog-abeachcottage.com_1 20130625-10-a-beach-cottage-blog-winter-sun-abeachcottage.com-1-of-1 20130625-09-abeachcottage-coastal-life-blog-abeachcottage.com_ 20130625-08-abeachcottage-winter-sydney-abeachcottage.com-1-of-1 20130625-07-burrawang-new-south-wales-sydney-abeachcottage.com_ 20130625-06-a-beach-cottage-blog-Winter-Australia-abeachcottage.com_ 20130625-05-a-beach-cottage-sydney-australia-blog-abeachcottage.com_ 20130625-04-abeachcottage-australian-country-style-abeachcottage.com_ 20130625-03-a-beach-cottage-blog-sarah-abeachcottage.com_

What a glorious weekend it was, beautiful Aussie history, good company, super food, wonderful crisp air, real fires, garden gates, antiquing,  morning dew, misty afternoons, warm coats, rosy light, lovely old buildings, picket fences, good coffee, old trees, warm hats, fallen leaves, sprouting bulbs, bare branches, wood baskets, pretty pansies…

There’s nothing quite like a trip to the country, is there?  So tell me do you love a good Winter weather country trip complete with roaring fires and pretty views?

p.s. a few more pics of the party blogged over here

32 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 27 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 5 32 Flares ×

16 Responses to “Beach Cottage Travels, A Weekend in the Australian Country”

1. kat says:

Oh gosh I love it all Sarah. I discovered babymac’s blog after reading Nikki at Styling You’s post from the weekend. Now I have been reading/stalking babymac’s blog, which I now love. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Any pics of you in the new coat :) Living in Tasmania, where we have beautiful beach, bush & country nearby, I do appreciate the country pia you have posted. So much character.

hmmm now I did take a photo of the coat, on my phone I think, I will have a look :-)

yup Beth is a sweetie and my goodness is her house amazing! x

• kat says:

I will have to search for more house pics on her blog. What I have seen looks,delightful! Btw I dreamt you came to Tassie & we met. I was all starstruck Sarah, lol. Any plans to head this way?

2. Yes I’m a little partial to winter in the country!!! Lovely pics…xx

3. Rukmini Roy says:

Awesome! Man…how I would love to stay here for the rest of my life…I’d take any odd job. ANY.
    Beautiful Sarah…breathtaking. You are very lucky.

hmm beautiful… I could so use a roaring fire at the moment… I mean there is “smoke” coming out of my mouth (which kind of adds to the effect of a fire breathing peeved mum when screaming at the kids – unfortunately the kids just laugh… Hmm I don’t know if that is a good thing…), I live in an over sized fridge!

I used to go hiking during winter through the blue mountains… Katoomba (and my favorite) Leura were delightful at this time of the year (haven’t been for a while, kids… :-( ). It is the crisp air and the cozy “vibe”… it just gets me every time! I wish it didn’t take hours to get to our lovely country towns…

Oh and I love the grand hotel picture… How gorgeous is that building!?

5. Selby says:

Gosh looks great! Love little getaways when we can get them:)

6. merilyn says:

love those nsw country towns … they are so quaint!
    love the photos and a girls weekend is always a good for girls!
    lol m:)

7. Theresa says:

I live in an Aussie country town but I still love visiting country towns :-)

8. Bouherie beach says:

Such a lovely house.

Thank you for my revisit to Burrawang.

One of my daughters had her wedding and reception at Burrawang pub, the cocktail style reception catered for by the Burrawang butcher across the street, a delicious wedding cake created by a lady at Mittagong, stunning flowers from a florist at Burradoo and photos taken on the local country roads and fields. Many of the guests stayed in the pub or at nearby B&Bs. The immediate families stayed in the pub’s newish 5 star accommodation at the rear of the property. It was a truly magical day. Even a designer mist rolled in on cue and created an amazing backdrop for some of the photos.

My heart skips a beat every time I see photos of Burrawang or go there for lunch or coffee.

The Imperial Hotel at Bowral is a fabulous place to eat and drink too. Modern decor, relaxed atmosphere, all ages welcome.