Vignette, vignetting and Beach cottage news

Tue 14th, May, 2013

65 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 10 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 51 Buffer 4 65 Flares ×

20130514-01-abeachcottage-nautical-coastal-blog-abeachcottage.com_

Hello Beach Cottage Lovelies, I hope you are well.  This might be the last vignette you see from me for a while, I did this for a photography still life project thingy and thought I would post it here too.

You see it might be the last coastal vignette for a while (not including tablescaping though) because I am about to rip this old cottage to pieces…I don’t mean literally I mean having a move around…I need a change around, it’s been coming for a while and next week I have a couple of tradies here to put some new things in and to add the 9, yes 9 new light fittings I have finally bought for this old cottage and a fan for our bedroom – always a really good idea to put a fan in once the heat of the Summer has gone and Winter is but weeks away.  Just call me organised.

20130514-02-abeachcottage-coastal-vintage-style-vignette-vignetting

So for this vignette it was meant to be something that says you, inspires you but doesn’t move…for me that’s white stuff and a pop of colour right?…had to throw in a scarf for good measure, a pair of Hunter’s and a little smattering of old furniture that’s been given a new life – that’s the recipe, the result …. coastal vintage style…

News on the blog? …we are still working on a few changes here, including a new front page with spots to highlight things I think are nice and a slider for photos…. sorry if this is a problem but all will be clear soon…I know some of you weren’t able to read the comments and others were having trouble with the layout on tablets (thanks to all those who have emailed me) – all is hopefully being fixed soon, oh and Barley’s new place is on the way, having a few teething problems with getting that in place with WordPress too…

20130514-03-a-beach-cottage-blog

I am flying off now to start moving things around – yesterday arvo I started this with putting bits and bobs away, it truly is amazing how many homey things I have collected over the years…the new me is going for an extremely pared back minimalist look with black bedding, those fake Eames chairs and wait for it…chevrons.

Are you in for that look??  Haha, not really my new lights are kinda coastal and ummm much larger than I thought they would be in this tiny old cottage, but they are vintage style and hoping they will look good.

20130514-04-beach-house-decor-blog-australia

OK I’m off, thanks for stopping by – we are arranging to see properties for A Beach Cottage II today, I know I spoke about this months ago, but life took over, one of the cottages we looked at then is still on the market, not sure if that is a good sign or a bad sign but it’s definitely exciting!

Oh and finally in other news, tomorrow I am getting all my hair chopped off, a fringe and a new colour, hello, change is definitely in the air…if it doesn’t look too bad I’ll stick it on Instagram….hoping all these changes don’t run to the other half, haha, oops no he’s a keeper

Sarah x

20130514-05-abeachcottage-nautical-coastal-blog-abeachcottage.com-2

65 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 10 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 51 Buffer 4 65 Flares ×

27 Responses to “Vignette, vignetting and Beach cottage news”

1. Yay! I can see your header on the iPad now :)

I’m excited to see what you have planned for your cute cottage!

2. Rukmini Roy says:

I always wanted to do one of these shells on string thingy…Can never succeed :/

3. Michelle says:

Change is definitely in the air for you! Sometimes a good bit of change is what we need to get a different perspective on life. Good luck with your new hair style, I am sure you will look beautiful.

Michelle thebashfulnest.blogspot.com

4. Tracy says:

Where do you get your scarves? My gauzy stripey one is looking tattered and it’s not as long as the lovely ones you wear. Boating season is just around the corner here and I really need me some lovely new scarves to keep the chill of the North Atlantic off my neck!

5. Sue says:

What will you be doing with a second cottage? Are you moving?

I too have too many bits and bobs. My goal is to pare them down so that they all are stored in vignettes. Move the vignettes around and eliminate the extra storage closets. Maybe it can happen — we’ll find out.

6. It’s Spring here in VA (USA) and I have been pairing down as well. WAY TOO MANY BITS AND BOBS. It’s so hard though when you really love your things. I am sticking to the fact that the more I ger rid of the more I can get! he! he! Hope you have a great day!

7. Vanessa says:

Hi Sarah! Oh! How lovely your little shell mobile. I have just got one of those, and I’m loving. I guess it’s not really a mobile, but a wind chime. Have a wonderful week, and getting your projects done. xo Vanessa

8. Rowen says:

Love the shells on the string Sarah, did you make it yourself?

9. Shar Y says:

Oh! Way to tease us. Can’t wait to see all of the changes!!

10. Tamara says:

Wow all go in your house! Good luck with the fringe!

11. merilyn says:

hi sarah,
    lovely shots of washed whites, as usual and what a bundle of energy you are
    … great for inspiring us all! … go girl!
    cheers m:)x

12. Yes i think with this winter weather a change is in order. Gave my hallway a make over on monday and have been wanting to shop my hair off for a few weeks now. Wonder if it has something to do with last weeks eclipse? LOL

13. Something is definitely in the air with all the change going on, good change mind you. You are going to feel fabulous and like a brand new you. Cant wait to see it xx

14. Good luck with your new hair! Can’t wait to see it! <3

15. Bridgette says:

looking forward to seeing what you do, OI dont knock the chevron ! :) I have a pretty yellow chevron wall going on in my new white kitchen, i think it looks pretty, I have painted my stools in the same colour ! once i get my tiled splashback done i should take a picture for you :)

16. Smaggle says:

Oh la la! Can’t wait to see your new hair on Thursday! :-)

17. Oh my gosh, must be something in the Aussie air??… I’m having similar house and hair thoughts!! And maybe it’s ‘a sign’ that house is still on the market?!? Goodluck anyways… xx

18. Good luch with the Cottage Project. I’m currently living in the middle of cottage chaos due to renovation… And I have no idea what part of my house I could take in pictures!!!

19. Megan S says:

Oh Sarah it all sounds so exciting! Can’t wait to see what you do in the Beach Cottage and if there will be a Beach Cottage II after all. Would you please also post a photo of your new hair for those of us who don’t do Instagram?

20. Hillary says:

Lovely, lovely, lovely!! Makes me yearn for the ocean landlocked here in Ohio!! :)

21. ali thompson says:

ah, i love those silver hooks! they look fantastic on the wood. happy rearranging!

22. Karen Z says:

Good luck with all your new endeavors – can’t wait to see the results. You inspire me.

23. Jojo3b says:

Like you and others have said….it must be in the air for moving, rearranging, changing…. I’m feeling restless to do something around here…. Sigh…but where to start….. Best wishes with it all, and please show us your new hair do!
    jojo :)

Too much information to take in!! Wowee, can’t wait to see what follows.