A Beach Cottage Front Door

Thu 11th, Apr, 2013

11.6K Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 11.6K Buffer 2 11.6K Flares ×

20130411-01-beach-house-coastal-nautical-decorating-front-entrance-door-abeachcottage.com_

Good morning from a beautiful day on Sydney’s beaches and hello to a coastal style blue front door!

I love old faded wooden decks, coastal driftwood, little trees, white pots, Frenchy hooks, coir rugs, beach hats, nautical stripes, blue front doors.

That’s me.

What about you?

xo

20130411-02-abeachcottage-blog-blue-coastal-nautical-front-door-abeachcottage.com_

(pics : iphone5)

p.s. I’ve had lots of emails about overnight oats recipe in a jar – here’s the link!

…it’s super super easy, just pop them in the fridge overnight and hey presto ready to go in the morning

36 Responses to “A Beach Cottage Front Door”

1. I love the colour of that door – so light, so fresh, so warm, so dreamy. I love distressed and ageing paint, industrial lockers, oars (any size, shape or colour), old wooden boxes, vintage typewriters, bunting, old maps, casters (on anything and everything), window seats, letters – big and small, owls, worn leather, comfy cushions, soft blankets, council kick-out time and my favourite junk shops.

2. K.Marie says:

Ever so Beachy for sure! A keeper and how inviting right! One of my favorite colors~K.Marie

3. annie says:

I remember you buying the door and deliberating about whether to go vintage or not. We’ve been in the same predicament but I can see the husband will not consider an old door so I’m wondering where you found that nice simple one.

4. Goodness you’ve got me all anxious about the state of our front door!! The whole front verandah really. Yours looks so lovely and welcoming!! x

5. Vanessa says:

Hi Sarah! After a long while, I’m finally leaving my dream of beach decor… I’m still thankful for all your tips! You inspire me! We’re moving (not to the beach, but closer, yay!) I found out deep in my heart this is what I love. After several years living in my mother land, going to the beach almost every other weekend, a beach wedding… yes, definitely where my heart is. I’m mixing a bit of “rustic” and “country”… could it possibly exist a style called “country coastal”? Anyway, love the blue front door, you rock girl. Blessings, Vanessa

6. shelley says:

Oh that blue!!! Divine . . . .

7. Selby says:

Sigh!:) just lovely really.

8. Rowen says:

That is gorgeous, the whole thing! Is the long hanging garland made of driftwood? I love that! The little bell is so sweet. Can I swap for my PVC front door please lol :-) Rowen@Coastal Colours x

9. CeeEmm says:

gorgeous Sarah – and beyond it! I also would love to know what that garland is made of as well. Did you buy or make it? If you bought it, where? lol I MUST have that for my bedroom, it’s the perfect touch. FYI – I’ve gotten almost that same color to shabby up my desk. Lovely.

10. Lidija says:

Perfect entrance -playfull and invaiting, but I miss beatifull Barley (xoxo) on this doormat .
    Front dorr and entry decorating is also very important to me , because they are “mirror” of the people who live behind those doors .
    I’m sure that this beautiful bell atrack lovely people and good opportunities in your home :)

11. Julie Johnson says:

One word, Gorgeous! My absolute favorite color of blue. Perfect for your cottage.

12. Ashley says:

I love this website. So many cute ideas for the home and cottage! I came across this on etsy and i LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They fit in with a lot of things found through out this site! From what it says you can ever order custom..
    Enjoy!

13. Candy says:

A friend just gave me a huge white clay pot. Now I know what to do with it…put it next to my Robin’s Egg Blue, nine light front door. Now, what to put in the pot?? No sun, all shade:(

14. Lassiegirl says:

Love all the decorations and the calming blue front door, but so love the bell! Just recently hinted, heavily, to my boys that Mother’s Day is coming and oh how I’d love a nautical bell. Saw one at the store yesterday while purchasing a rocket for oldest son’s science project (craft store) and wouldn’t you know it, they had the perfect bell there and he got to see exactly what I am longing for :) Now, I’ll show them your pretty front door pics. They really enjoyed all the traveling pics, too. New places on their lists of places to go someday. Guess they caught the Australia vibe, too, because we just re-did their room and they wanted a coastal Aussie look.

15. Tamara says:

Oh Sarah I want your front door! We’ve just moved in to a property with a peeling institutional dark green front door with horror of horrors a large panel of bobbly glass shriek!! It’s original 1953 but not nice and vintagey – just H.I.D.E.O.U.S. Thank you for reminding me of your beautiful coastal front door and giving me hope and inspiration :-)

I smile when I think of the lead up to you buying that door. Beautiful end result.

This is a little off the subject, but not…the April edition of Australia Coast to Coast Country Style magazine is you all over as far as showcasing beautiful parts of Australia like Tasmania and fabulous home decore. Worth a look and read.

17. Elaine in Laguna says:

Just lovely! Very calming as well as coastal!

18. Julie says:

Hi Sarah. Just wondering if you wouldnt mind? What is the paint colour of the lovely blue door? Thanks. Julie in Perth

19. LOVELY! I plan to paint the front door lavender. Happy front doors likes yours make me want to peek in the windows. ;)

20. Kathryn says:

Hi Sarah, have you mentioned somewhere in your blog the colour of your front door? It is really pretty and a tricky job to get the right blue. Looks fab. As mentioned in your comments, I do believe there is such a style of coastal country – a lovely relaxed ” take your shoes off” feeling.

Kathryn

21. Fi @ My Mummy Daze says:

This looks so perfect! A fresh, welcoming front door step :) Fi xx

22. Looks like a UPVC Door. Flexible, Energy Efficient, Durable and most important thing gorgeous and well design.

23. Dana says:

Hi, Sarah
    I just went through your “How to Blog” e-course and loved it!!! Thank you for all of your honest suggestions and tips. I bookmarked everything for future reference. I loved your photography tips, advertising thoughts and especially your post theme ideas. Wow!! My blog isn’t started yet and I recently completed another longer course, but really needed yours, as well, to flesh out all of my ideas. You provided some great insight. Whenever I get mine going, I’ll e-mail you and not spam you in the Comments section with a “read my wonderful blog” link. Ha. …..And! I love your blue front door!! Yes, I read your Top Posts at the bottom of your page and remembered seeing this photo before — maybe it was on Pinterest. Then, I linked to your prior post but unfortunately, I live in the USA and I don’t think we have that paint line. Hope to match it.

Thanks, Sarah!! And, yes, now you have a new follower!!
    Dana

thanks for the great feedback Dana, I am so glad you enjoyed the course!

good luck with your new blog – best tip, dive right in x

24. Maria says:

Hi Sarah,
    I have been reading your blog for some time I love it… we are about to begin our journey we are renovating our beach home to retire in it. We have chosen our exterior colors which are as follows vinyl siding- Spruce, all trim is white and the roof is black/grey/green.. I would love to paint the door a nice poppy coastal color do you have any suggestions?

Maria

do you mean a red poppy? :-)

• Maria says:

Hi Sarah, I have been going back and forth between a yellow or a redddess color… Thanks I will go for the red. I absolutely love your blog and will be buying your “How to Blog” e-course. I would love to share my experience wih others too. I have painted some of our furniture and have always loved the cottage style of living. I will start looking for my poppy red and send you pics when we are done.

Maria

25. Julie says:

Hi Sarah, your front door makes my heart sing. Could you please tell me the name of the color and brand… (sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else ;)