A Beach Cottage Vintage Find Coastal Vintage Style

Wed 27th, Mar, 2013

185 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 185 Buffer 0 185 Flares ×

20130327-01-abeachcottage-coastal-vintage-style-watering-can-abeachcottage.com_

Good evening from the Northern Territory – having a quick little hit of Beach Cottage coastal vintage style here, I think I may be getting withdrawals from all things white and coastal vintage decorating so I thought a post on a vintage find I came across just before I left to explore Sydney might go down a treat.

20130327-02-abeachcottage-coastal-nautical-vintage-style-decor-abeachcottage.com_ 20130327-03-abeachcottage-coastal-living-abeachcottage.com_

I love finding things with a bit of wear and tear that have are old and a bit battered with life…old vintage things are great for teaming up with coastal bits and bobs and lots of white to give a vintage country vibe and some texture.

20130327-04-coastal-living-vintage-style-beach-house-abeachcottage.com_

I love old watering cans but can be sometimes a bit coochy-coo in home decor especially with the coastal vintage style look so I think you have to be a bit careful how you use them…as ‘vases’  though together with something nautical or from the beach seems to work for me.

I picked this up in an op-shop here on the beaches the other week for a few bucks, I think it had coastal vintage style all over it – but you can get them pre-loved online quite easily for not too of an inflated price.

I love the muted grey weather colour and the signage..

20130327-05-beach-cottage-coastal-vintage-style-sydney-australia-abeachcottage.com_

Gorgeous with some flowers

Do you love yourself a vintage watering can, do you love using them for decorating, do you love some coastal vintage style??

I do hope so Winking smile

See you later

p.s. you can check out my Twitter if you want to see what I have been getting up to on my little trip around Australia, more here on the blog soon, let us just say crocodiles and nice food xx

20130327-01-abeachcottage-coastal-vintage-style-watering-can-abeachcottage.com_

22 Responses to “A Beach Cottage Vintage Find Coastal Vintage Style”

1. Oh Sarah I love….watering cans. I have some displayed and some I use on a regular basis. I think i get that from my Grandmothers who both had the most beautiful flower and vegetable gardens. Well only 3 days and I leave for the Outer Banks. I can’t wait to smell that salt air and stick my feet in the sand and water. Hope you are enjoying your trip to Sydney. Tootles!

2. Oh and I will be doing some thrifting of course! They have some amazing shops down there.

3. What a gorgeous find! Just think of all the years that can did it’s job and made folks happy and it is still doing the same now C:

4. Rowen says:

I used to have a huge metal colander, I used it as a planter in the garden. Would love an old watering can but they can cost a lot! It’s all plastic now :-( x

You can pick them up second-hand for a reasonable price….I just look out for them all the time x

5. Candy says:

I have one very similar to yours except it has a copper band around the bottom. I also use it for flowers and it sits on a tall, old, wood farm stool in the corner of my dining area. A friend gave it to me…I think she paid a couple dollars for it but I’ve seen them be quite pricey in some of ‘those” kind of shops!

6. Tracey says:

Can’t go wrong with a watering can! I l love them on my porch stairs, but I love that you were brave enough to bring it inside! Right now I have an old bucket full of spring blossoms on my table inside, does that count??
    Tracey

7. Anonymous says:

That watering can brings back lovely childhood memories.

8. shelley says:

Mmmmm . . . I do love that watering can, especially next to the gorgeous purple-y flowers. ::sigh:: I’m enjoying reading through your Blogging Class that I bought. Very inspirational. Sometimes I get lost in just being myself on my blog. You’ve helped me to just enjoy being who I am. Thanks!

9. Deb says:

The watering can and those flowers were made for each other. Love it!!

Debbie in Texas

10. Eliza says:

Hello Sarah,
    I love the watering can and beautiful flowers, spring is here in Texas, I have my veg. garden going and all my plants are doing great!! We are heading for the Texas coast for Easter, I have a beach house and I run to it as much as I can. I have gotten a lot of ideas from you, and for that I would like to thank you!!

11. Erika says:

Love the watering can – when my we cleaned out my grandparents’ house 15 years ago that was one thing I asked for…my grandmother’s old giant watering can. I remember being enamored with it as a child. I’m sure everyone in my family thought I was nuts to drag that can home across the country from Iowa to Portland, Oregon. Now I have it on my front porch filed with seasonal branches or flowers…sometimes just empty. I love your blog…have been reading it for some time now. :)