they call it capturing
Tue 1st, Jan, 2013
Hello lovely Beach Cottage friends!
This past year has seen a whole lot of capturing in my life on the beaches…I must say I’m not much happier than when I am walking along by the sea with a camera in my hand…….and ahhhh, life before the capturing of life via the iPhone, what quite was that again???
Here are some of my captures from over the last year from that little baby that lives in my pocket (and sometimes in that pocket takes a ride in the washing machine – I don’t recommend that part…it caused me quite a bit of heartache though has meant that I have up-graded to the iPhone5 which I am liking muchly)
I get lots of emails about taking photos, what I recommend, what apps I use (post coming up on that) and how I do it…my best advice is do it a lot (Mr BC likes that philosophy in life too) and capture capture capture…it’s the only way to get better (my early ones are dreadful when I look back…though funny cos I was pretty pleased with them at the time – at that stage compared to the phone camera I had previously it was like an awakening and I was so happy with those pics!)
I love trying to capture different stuff with my iPhone camera (tho all of these are of the beach)…for me having a camera in my hand is a bit of a creative outlet…like some people knit or play squash…
A new girl on Instagram asked me the other day for some tips on where to start with a new phone camera…I am far from an expert but here below are some of the things I look for to capture when out and about in my day…if you want to improve your photography maybe you can try them too?
1. colours…they are all over and I love getting them in my phone – I try to capture colours be they pretty, grey and dark, bright lights or the wonders of nature
2. Scenes – I try to capture things going on down my way…a game of rugby on the beach…
3. Light ….I am always on the lookout for sunflare, I dig it…when I first used my iPhone I loved ‘sunflower’ sunflare all over my pics, now I like it a bit softer…
different light (and dark) is everywhere..hunt it down
4. Sky …look up, there’s good stuff going on up there…I love it when the clouds change a pic…there’s much that changes when the sky changes…and you don’t have to be at the beach…
5. Life – look for life and what’s going on
I hope you enjoyed those!
Happy New Year lovelies