Christmas has gone

Fri 4th, Jan, 2013

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

20130104-01-abeachcottage-blog-

Hello Beach Cottage friends…

A couple of pretty pics from my phone…Christmas left our old cottage…and hydrangeas came back in…

I am on holiday at the moment… loving on my family, walking, taking photos, swimming in the ocean, meditating on life and doing not much…

Peace be with you and your weekend…

Happy Friday

20130104-02-abeachcottage

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

27 Responses to “Christmas has gone”

1. Alex says:

lovely as usual!

surprised to see you deleted the post on the flag, especially after your perfect comment re-iterating that you did not intend to disrespect – what’s interesting to me is how those who commented on respect failed to respect your opinion and how you choose to decorate your home on the inside – as ever two sides to every story, especially on the internet and I love how you handled it rather than, as some did, jumping in and firing

Alex

• Patricia says:

Alex, I think give it a rest now and focus on the contents of this new post, that is why it was posted.

2. Christmas has left this house of ours as well. Actually, it left New Year’s Eve aftenoon. Right after I finished repainting our kitchen 5 TIMES (l o n g story)! By the way, love those old white milk bottles! Makes me kind of want to kick myself in the butt for donating mine a couple of months ago…I’ve started a major decluttering of my house, and those were on the hit list, boo! hoo!

3. Fiona says:

Enjoy the break Sarah. Your flowers are gorgeous. Swimming in the ocean, walking, loving your family and meditating makes everything better. I’ve been doing the same..
    Fiona

4. Chantal says:

Hi Sarah!

Your holiday sounds perfect to me… But nooohoooo…. Grey, gloomy, cold, wet & work here :(
    Need to find the happiness inside :)

Enjoy your break!

5. NicolaM says:

I couldn’t stop thinking yesterday how I don’t know anyone who has inspired me to love this country more than you since I stumbled on this blog a few years ago, you made me stop, look around and enjoy the place I don’t think I was seeing all around me – Australia! Don’t forget what a gift that is. I hope you are ok and enjoy your peace. NM

6. I love your pretty phone pics and thank you for continuing to inspire and handling all of that other stuff as you did.

I try to get a little something from all the posts and bloggers in my reader, today I am taking color and peace.

Keep smiling :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

7. Jacqui says:

Love this post, crisp colour on white. The flowers are gorgeous. Enjoy your time off
    Blessings
    Jacqui

8. Katie says:

Are those glasses u painted white? If so could u point me to the post detailing how u did that?? Gorgeous!

9. Catherine says:

All your lovely pictures of hydrangeas inspired me and so this past summer I planted a hydrangea bush! Enjoy your holiday!

You bring immense joy to my life. Thank you. Thank you.

alison x

11. loulou says:

Hi Sarah,

Yes all gone here but thank goodness for school holidays to keep in the swing of easy mode.
    3 more weeks till the rush starts and sandwich making begins again :(

your room looks so pretty
    x
    Loulou

12. Fleur says:

Hello Gorgeous girl
    Enjoy the peace and reflection that comes with the post Christmas tidy up.
    Drinks lots of tea and enjoy the sea air xx

13. Candice says:

Hi Sarah , enjoy your holiday . Thought this short story might make you smile . Have so much painting ahead of me , internal and external .. dreamed of buying a spray painting machine to help {was obsessed}… hubby works away so painting up to me … spent months late at nite on net watching in envy how quick they spray .. I soooo needed a sprayer .
    Budget rectrictions saw me in a fuss of which one was best .. easy to use .. of course opted for the budget machine that was a starter DIY not so easy to use but I was blinded by the power of holding the spray gun in my hand reading how many litres per minute I could spray .. room had to be finished at xmas , everything was running late , dressed in overalls , goggles and a mask on a hot summers day I turned on my baby and used 15 litres of white paint in about 7 minutes yep those large tins from bunnings that are too heavy to carry . hubby was pale as this was spose to be the first undercoat , hes yelling its useing too much paint … I in my blonde hissy fit reply I told you it was quick it is worth the money I used { was spose to buy a pc instead} well I stood back and viewed my 22 sq mtres of ceiling and walls and thought hmmm its really thick so when hubby walked off I set out and rolled the walls and tried to do the same on ceiling without hubby seeing me to spread the coat of paint …..
    I had put the cleaning side of the spray gun instead of low on the machine . It took a few days to dry and we rolled on the other coats I have been banned from my sprayer until I win lotto and can over use paint to my hearts content . I am back to saving for a sprayer {easy to use {Wagner this time }and a pc now . But the power Sarah ….so fast so white , I loved every moment of those 15 litres of white paint . Enjoy your holiday …… cuddle the crew and hubby … mine is still cranky with me for kicking the ladder when he was on it holding a ceiling sheet on his head … but thats another story and a giggle . Cheers …

14. merilyn says:

lookin for that flag honey!
    never mind! your choice, your house, your flag, your creativity do what you want … i say!
    people fly their flags around here, some never put them down and they end up tatty and thread bare
    so what! that is the life of that flag … every flag has a life of it’s own you bought that flag to give it a new life … many artist have used everyday or controversional items and made a statement ie jasper johns … artists licence
    we clearly see that you love this country and would’nt abuse that … you are a creative person, always allow it to shiine girlfriend … lol m :)

• Anonymous says:

sorry… in my frenzy to get this out i spelt controversial incorrectly … i’m an artist and i give myself permission to be wrong …m:)

15. Jackie says:

Love the livingroom and the flowers!
    Have a wonderful Holiday!

16. Your house looks so peaceful – it’s probably nice to just unwind after the frenzy that is Christmas, especially with three not-so-little kids in the house.

I hope I didn’t offend in the last post :(

17. Al says:

I’m having a lot of trouble downloading your site, and no one else seems to be commenting on having the same problem. The site takes a very long time to download, and scrolling down doesn’t seem to work very smoothly. It’s very frustrating, and I want to keep coming here, but sometimes it’s too much trouble.

• Candice says:

Hi AlI re your pc I am on a really aged pc I near re build weekly , when i have used newer pc’s Sarah’s BC cottage is way different .. just perfect but way different to view . Sometimes if you change browsers , it will load and scroll better . Are u a windows girl ? maybe change ? so many browers to chose from now adays . I can confidently say its looking like your end , I checked on my hubby’s work pc , and my friends and a borrowed Ipad , real fast download , scrolls perfectly . Close your browser and open a new one and see if it helps . Cheers from Candice

• alison says:

Hi Al
      I have the same problems. But I love the blog so much I click on it and go away and do something while the computer does its thing.

• Jules says:

Yes, same with me … I only visit the blog now if I have time! It takes such a long time to load and sometimes it makes my computer stop altogether and I have to re-start it! My computer isn’t old by any means, so I don’t know what’s causing it??? It has been like this for a few months – perhaps it’s all the advertising at the top (which didn’t used to be there)…

• Linda Cooper says:

I have the same issue and I am using a MAC. Very slow viewing on Fox fire and on Safari. It is much better on my iphone but then all the fantastic pics are too small to make out the details. I originally thought it was just such large pic files but now I wonder if there is a script running that doesn’t like macs.
          At any rate I am patient with the slow load time and wouldn’t miss a single post!

Hi Sarah… I love the sound of your down time. Christmas is gone for us too, we took it all down Boxing Day (I think – it is all such a blur). A dip in the ocean sounds nice.

Also, I know some will say just give it a rest but I just wanted to say that I really wish you hadn’t taken the flag post down. I love it that it was controversial. You put it your own twist to how you display our flag and it wasn’t done in a disrespectful way at all. It was done the Sarah way. Stand strong girl…Remember the droopy and drippy paint troll? Every one is entitled to their opinion just as you are that is the beauty of these comment boxes… It is interesting reading different views on things and I have found I learn new things all the time and have often changed my mind and perspective thanks to little comment boxes such as this one on your blog :). Big hugs to you and stay cool!

thanks Alice! I agree with you but I took it down b/c really I don’t want this blog to be a place where anyone, wherever they are might find disrespect…this is the place I come to chill and love…I don’t need hassle on here :-) xoxoxo

thanks for your support (I had a TONNE of emails in the same regard!), I appreciate it xo