Vintage Furniture White Paint Makeover

Fri 30th, Nov, 2012

5 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 5 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 5 Flares ×

20121130-01-paint-me-white-vintage-dresser1

Good morning to the other side of the computer screen!  Anyone out there today?

Having a few little techie issues here, thanks for the emails, hopefully this little corner of blogland is up and running again and these pics get through…

So here is the vintage dresser…I have to tell you that really she isn’t properly finished and she isn’t staying here but for now, at this busy time of year (and with an armoire to finish too) she’ll do… if there is one thing I know how to do quickly now it’s paint furniture white!

20121130-02-beach-cottage-vintage-furniture-paint

We will be moving her into the breakfast room where hopefully she will slot quite nicely into the open shelving and will hold my growing china collection and all the vintage junk, I mean, essentials, to my life…

I rubbed her down and distressed her corners and I am still thinking on what to do with the bread bin section…have still left it for now and after mucho searching for a white basket that fit I just painted one I already had from IKEA…

What do you reckon, good for $40?

See you next time friends, cutie patootie, Barls blogged here today xo

p.s. if you want to know how to paint furniture white and how I paint / upcycle vintage furniture (btw I am no expert and there are droopy drips and messy bits!) go here x

20121130-01-paint-me-white-vintage-dresser1

5 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 5 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 5 Flares ×

18 Responses to “Vintage Furniture White Paint Makeover”

1. Hey I would put it in MY kitchen, that is if you were giving it away. Which you aren’t. But if you were. I just sayin’!

2. Natalie says:

That is awesome for $40! I certainly wouldn’t mind owning one exactly like it! Nice work, I’m impressed as always :-)

3. Candy says:

I do believe this is my most favorite piece in your most lovely cottage home!! Awesome…just awesome. Did I say how awesome it is?? LOL

4. I love her Sarah! She’s just perfect for the bc cottage!! xx

5. Nice refinish, Sarah! I bet it will look lovely in your kitchen!

6. Unbelievable from where she came from…..I knew you could put that magic to her. Great job Sarah! Oh my gosh I love her!….. droops or no droops I love your work!

7. Kat says:

Just beautiful and I really love the green in the glass :)
    I saw a similiar one second hand here this week but it was a whole lot more than $40 and it had one glass door missing.
    Not such a bargain as yours.

8. Selby says:

Looks great !! :) definitely worth your time and hard work – you’ve made her shine.

9. Emma says:

nice work broomstick lady! :-)

It’s nice, it’s different, it’s unusual. Keep inspiring us girlie!!!! :)

Cheers

11. KIM BUCA says:

looking good sarah!
    i think it was a steal at a mere 40$ i just got a cabinent from a mission shop thrift store not 40 but a deal at 130.00 half off price it is a natural pine color i am gonna paint well… white of course and add glass knobs where the wood ones are… loooking good! have a great weekend
    Kimmy

She is coming along nicely Sarah…

13. MDN says:

Terrific transition! What more are you planning to do w/ her? How did you end up treating the leading on the glass? (PS Barley’s pic: Do the trees have any scent to go along w/ their beauty?)

By the way, thought it was my computer, modem, or internet link causing probs opening th ABC site; but sounds as tho there may be an issue somewhere among us all? If helpful, can advisel that from my end, all sorts of diagnostics were used to get broadband back up after disconnect mid ABC viewing…which seems only to occur when there are more than four transitioning pics at the top of the ABC site…and then, if it can be brought up, it’s really slow… Don’t know if anyone else is having this occur or not or if it’s just on my end? I(Laptop here has 4G RAM…)

So wierd to see your flip flops – since we had negative 2.78 degrees C here in the States last night. Tad envious, but w/ as hot as it was last Summer…

Anxious to see Barl”s new coif, hear about recovery from his abrasion…and whether your back’s OK now, too. Plus, of course, to see/hear more BC news and projects or Holiday decorating pics. Will we be seeing any more guest appearances from Mr. Teen BC now that the weather’s warmer (water wise){no dangerous shots, tho) and also any more kitchen goodies from Miss BC (Holiday cakes, cookies, bars, etc.) and also to see the tight connection young Mr. BC and the Barls are enjoying.

14. Anonymous says:

Great work Sarah! Many will get interested to buy that vintage cabinet you have for over 100 bucks after you made some make over on it.

15. merilyn says:

Dear Sarah…yes, you’ve done very well! it looks great!
    recently i have especially loved the photos of your thanksgiving table setting,
    bringing in some coral and aqua hues beauty… much to be thankful for indeed!
    please would you tell me the colour of your deck stain/paint and product
    and the paint you used on your adirondacks …pleeese! lol m
    have a great saturday club day x

16. Deb says:

I have the opportunity to buy one the same, but all complete for $300, which is ok, but not a bargain, and I really dont have the room for it, and hubby is doing the Mr BC look to me that you always get!! Anyway, Yours looks amazing, and makes me want one even more, but I just cant justify $300 at christmas time on a want, not a need item!! Why does it need to be so hard!! lol
    Great job as always Sarah, I think she fits in lovely with your home.
    P.S. The reason I want one of these so bad, is because my Grandma had one when I was a kid, she’s been gone since I was 10, and my Uncle had it after she passed away, and basically threw it out!! I really just want the one that was hers.
    Deb :-)

17. Fntastic! It looks great as is- love the basket in it too- what more needs to be done?

18. Heather says:

I’m in love with this dresser! Lucky, lucky find…and a brilliant makeover, Sarah. Hx