French Carrot Salad

Thu 18th, Oct, 2012

9 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 3 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 4 Buffer 2 9 Flares ×

20121018-01-IMG_9168

Beach Cottage girlfriends, you need this recipe in your life.

We all know I am all about the looking good without doing anything much, this is rather tricky with hair and one’s ahem face but, with recipes, this is that in a nutshell.

20121018-02-IMG_9170_thumb

This is so ridiculously amazingly easy but tastes like you spent a lot of time thinking, preparing and working at this that it is a Too Easy Recipe all over.

20121018-03-IMG_9206

I don’t have any exciting story to tell you about this…no memories of holidays in the South or indeed the West of France and I have no idea where it came from, when or how I found it but I do know this.

You should make it too.

This goes beautifully with a barbecue and ticks most admirably the Australian conundrum when one is asked to ‘just bring a salad’– I have said before that those 4 humble words when you are fresh off the boat can leave you looking like a prize, English idiot – your salads need to rock in this land of beauty..this so does that for you quickly and easily

20121018-05-french-carrot-salad

Beach Cottage Recipe

French Carrot Salad

4 large carrots (about 500g)

1 tablespoon parsley

6 tbsp olive oil

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 garlic clove finely chopped or minced

1. grate carrots finely

2. whisk lemon juice, olive oil & garlic, salt & pepper

3. pour vinaigrette over carrots and mix

4. serve with the parsley

20121018-06-IMG_9215_thumb

THAT IS IT!

20121018-07-IMG_9161_thumb

Truly, unbelievably it is as simple as that and it ROCKS.

20121018-08-IMG_9197_thumb

This is lazy girl salad with a Beach Cottage Too Easy twist…meaning it tastes fandabbydozy, when all you did was a little bit of grating and pouring of zee oil plus if you, like me, often have sad and lonely looking carrots hanging around in the bottom of your vegetable drawer in the fridge, this my friends, will use them up very well.

20121018-09-IMG_9177_thumb

The best thing about this is the Beach Cottage Crew love it…every single time I make it (I double up this recipe) there is never enough and always people asking more…and where veggies and kids are concerned I feel I can’t go wrong with that. 20121018-10-IMG_9216

See you next time lovelies.

p.s. Barley blogged here today!  don’t miss

p.p.s. you may also like this easy roasted asparagus – divine!

20121018-11-IMG_9217

20110812-07-sweet-blogging-ecourse-how-to-blog

Need Help with Blogging / Want to Start a Blog?  The Beach Cottage E-Course can help!

Sweet Blogging, the e-course was written with girls in mind…girls with lives and jobs and kiddos, a house and a life…my story and experiences with blogging, what I have done that has worked and what hasn’t plus my advice for blogging for girls who live in the real world…

..presented in a quick and simple way for you to read at your leisure and easily implement on your own blog…It’s simply all about all the things that I have learnt along the way as a blogger…the good, the bad and the not so pretty…

You can go here for details ~ the Sweet Blogging E-Course Outline and more information.

9 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 3 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 4 Buffer 2 9 Flares ×

21 Responses to “French Carrot Salad”

1. Annie M says:

Sounds fab Sarah. I also make an easy carrot salad that is much the same but with the addition of sultanas and minus the oil…..simply grated carrot, lemon juice and sultanas. I don’t even measure just add the juice and sultanas until it looks and tastes right..easy peasy…ticks the veggies and fruit boxes! Will give yours a go for a change. Annie M

2. Oh Sarah, that looks and sounds like a winner to me! I will definitely be trying it out soon.

Btw, it was really lovely hanging out with you girls at Pro Blogger last weekend. I had a blast :)

3. Victoria says:

Sounds so yum.Will try tonight,I so luv carrots.Thanks Sarah.

4. I love carrots so I must try this one. Thanks for sharing xT

5. Goodness. I’d be silly not to try this….love anything this simple and easy thanks!! xx

6. lg says:

I am SO serving this up tonight! Carrot Salad has a special place in the heart of mr lg – years ago travelling in Spain, we went to this tiny, little, out-of-the-way restaurant that came highly recommended. The specialty of the house was this amazing prawn dish that we were told we MUST order. mrlg decided however that he would not be told what to order and he would choose something off the menu himself – he chose Insalata Carlotta. My spanish is not that good and I said i wasn’t sure what carlotta was, but insalata sounded like salad. Never mind he still wanted it and I ordered the fabled prawns. So out comes our food – to me the most gorgeous, big, fat, juicy king prawns literally sizzling on the plate and for him – a plate of grated carrot! Not even a dressing in sight. to say he was disapointed would be an understatement! You know that sad face men pull when they don’t like their meal, or it isn’t big enough? Ha Ha – we are still laughing about it to this day – AND he still hasn’t learn’t his lesson and continues to order “off the cuff”. Yep – Insalata Carlotta at our house tonight!!!

7. sam says:

love your plate

8. Kathryn says:

Love those spoons, they are so cute!!! Where did you get them? I’m sure they are not available in the states, but I can dream, right? Making the carrot salad for dinner tonight.

Ab fab fob.

10. Min@MinsMash says:

That salad looks divine! I will definately try it. I must say I absolutely LOVE that bowl. Can I ask where you got it? Also – fabulous styling – looks beautiful :-) x

11. Tonka says:

I’ve just made it yesterday with apple cider vinegar instead of lemon. It really IS that great… Now, I have to go to the fridge for some more…

12. Candice says:

Hi Sarah I am going to use your recipie and roll in up in lettuce wraps . Keep them ready to munch on in the fridge .
    Then maybe my swimming togs will stop laughing at me from the wadrobe . Great yummy way to slim done for the summer . Cheers

haha mine are laughing at me too! especially as I just had apple and peach crumble for afternoon tea

13. A question, Mrs. Beach Cottage lady, if you don’t mind? Where did you get the gingham and polka dot spoons? You’ve featured them in more than one of your posts, and I’m seriously lusting after them. Thanks!

14. Ellie says:

Defn giving this little baby a whirl during summer.

Cheers

15. Thanks lovely lady – this made tonight’s dinner SO good. And thanks to Thermomix, whacked it all in and made in 4 secs x

oh goodness I really am starting to look into this Thermomix…was having coffee with Corrie the other day and meant to ask her about it… will pick your brains when I see you next week x

doesn’t take four secs grating it by hand!!

x