Armoire Update, she sure is looking purrrty

Tue 23rd, Oct, 2012

10 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 3 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 2 Buffer 5 10 Flares ×

20121023-01-IMG_9410

Well Beach Cottage ladies G’day, I am up to my ears in white paint…literally…I have white paint all through my hair after finding myself head first in the top of this armoire.

Also, over the weekend we have painted the study, it’s now refreshed and white again plus sporting a new floor…will show you soon the before and after, plus more work has been done on the wall that I talk to…better than talking to the microwave…I’ll show you that soon too.

This is also what I have been up to, getting the armoire finally painted…talk about therapeutic….the soothing strokes of painting her are proving to be very good for me…I have procrastinated like crazy with this one…I said before it was because of the masking up…that is the only reason because everything else about this is floating my little Beach Cottage white paint boat

Here she is after two coats of primer…I decided she needed two coats just in case the stain seeped through…it didn’t look like it was going to, but I wasn’t going to chance it on a job of this size…

Looking good already ladies for $150 + paint, don’t ya think.

I am on a roll now, I can’t wait to get her proper make-up on and get my stuff in there, oh and the vintage kitchen dresser….oh yah, rocking!

This is going to be soooooo good for my bedroom…until I got my head in there and started painting her insides I didn’t realize just how much space there was to fill…heehee another magic robe to stash homey purrrchayses from husband’d prying eyes in this old cottage, don’t mind if I do.

Whaddya think?  Is she starting to take on a new lease of life or what?

Sarah x

p.s. old Barley-boo blogged today, over here, come say G’day

20121023-02-IMG_9405_thumb

10 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 3 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 2 Buffer 5 10 Flares ×

35 Responses to “Armoire Update, she sure is looking purrrty”

1. Sarah says:

Wow, even the drop clothes are lovely. Can’t wait to see her all finished!

2. I LOVE that! I have a curio cabinet to tackle, uugghh!

3. laurie says:

Gorgeous, Sarah! I can see it filled with your beautifully colored beachy linens (on top of the smuggled-in items from Ikea…lol). I’m so that that I’m not the only one hiding new purchases from the husband. hehehe!

xoxo laurie

4. Kim H says:

It’s looking lovely, Sarah. Can’t wait to see it when it’s all done and in and filled:) Loving those drop sheets you’ve got there. They looktoo pretty for drop seets:) x

5. Cheryl says:

I bet those pretty drop cloths are stand-ins. ;-)
    And look at Barls!

6. Karen says:

Looks very lovely! X

7. looks fantastic! I think I would make some type of voile curtain arrangement inside the doors to screen my purchases, or pretty storage boxes.

8. Linda jenkins says:

Really lovely Sarah – a great find!

9. Karen says:

Hi! Sarah,
    The armoire is so pretty! I cannot wait for the final reveal and then to see it filled with your goodies! I am definitely going to paint mine . . . I just may have to wait until the holidays are overwith and then tackle her! Congratulations on a beautiful job!

10. I love the whole idea of an armoire as long as it shows off what you put in it. I find little glass windows too small, or maybe I just need full glass front cabinets.

11. Melinda says:

looking great Sarah – SOOO much lighter/airyer – although I think “hiding” purchases might be problematic given the panes of glass – coz I know you’ll be keeping it all neatly folded with nothing stuffed that could camoflage those little extras…………..still where there’s a will there’s a way ;)

12. Clare says:

Looking good Sarah! I agree with you… Once you can get past the procrastination, the painting is so very therapeutic! Can’t wait to see the finished result :)

13. Love love love. Just love. And for $150!! Yep…love. xx

14. Liz says:

Prettiest armoire in the history of armoires! Glad you are doing it up right!
    Liz

15. Emma says:

So good to see that you’ve gone and painted the drawer and door ‘handles’ too! I get in trouble for this ALL THE TIME, so am glad to find a comrade in arms!!!

16. How about using decorative vintage books in this fabulous armoire?

17. Anne says:

Seriously beautiful! I really love the paint job.

xox

18. HRH Sarah says:

Lovely, lovely- so jealous of your armoire, I have to say. I bet she’ll look even better with all kinds of beach cottage goodies tucked behind her doors!

19. annie says:

What sort of primer do you recommend for over stain and under whilte, please, oh white paint guru!

I recommend any of the Zinnser primers – I have used them all and though they are more expensive they do the job x

• lisa says:

HELP !!! Sarah I have just tackled a restoration on a chest of drawers I mean drawers there are 17 drawers in this thing all different sizes :/ PHEW….. I followed your suggestions with the AMOIRE (I have the same timber as that on the drawers) sanded then 2 coats of primer Zinnser followed by the Aquanamel …. Oh no ! the red is seeping through….What can I do ????? PLEASE HELP :(

20. Susan says:

Looks gorgy Sarah! Love it!
    What?…..White paint in your hair you say? You could be on to somethin there :)

Enjoy your day~

21. Tamara says:

What a difference a coat of white paint can make! From dark, imposing, outdated to bright, gorgeous and French. Would it work on husbands he he?

22. rachel says:

love, love, love! and…i really need a metal stool like yours! been looking for one forever and i’ve been unable to find one. :(

23. Mog says:

Love it, the white really makes it fit your beachy house. And for such a good price and a bit of hard work. I eagerly await the finished filled result.

24. Candice says:

Armoire envy …. she is just devine . Love what you have done . Please give her a hug from me . Cheers

25. Mumofsix says:

That is divine. And perfect for those items which need hiding for a little while! Clever you. I’m not sure how much 150$ is but I would have leapt on that for £150! Beautiful.

26. Rochelle says:

Wish I could come round and stroke her ;) x

27. katie says:

i’m loving it…and maybe getting on the bandwagon. i purchased a big hutch for dining room wall and i NEED more kitchen storage…it looks so pretty all woodsy but my HUSBAND keeps prompting me to paint it all white! even HE’S got the beach cottage fever! i too am not looking forward to masking all the panes…
    we are thinking of removing some doors possibly? i’ll have to send you a pic and get your take…

28. Mairi says:

Love love love :)). In UK we use Annie Sloane chalk paint which is just fantastic…covers anything with no undercoating!!!!

Does anyone else get all nostalgic about their drop sheets when they’re painting, remembering the good times and stories behind the old sheets? Weird phenomenon eh?

30. Lorraine Elderhurst says:

He! was just thinking that, as I scrolled down and read about how wonderful the Amoire looks. My husband cannot understand when he tears up my old sheets for rags how emotional I get (not weeping) but just find it hard to make the first tear.