Down My way Down Under

Mon 24th, Sep, 2012

13 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 9 Buffer 4 13 Flares ×

20120924-01-beach-cottage-surf-lifesaving

Well hello there Beach Cottage friends, if you want some coastal loving today, come on down.

We have had a beautiful weekend here on the beaches…if this is Spring, well I am liking it very much thank-you-very-much.

We headed to the beach both days, along with quite a few visitors, our little town was busy with people on day trips and on holiday looking for some sunshine and doing some sunbaking…

20120924-02-beach-cottage-beach-coastal-

I love it when the local lifesavers are back on the beach….that means the beginning of warm and Summer being on the way to me…the lifesavers in this old cottage (that would not be me, I am such a pommie, I like to swim with my head out like the Queen and have more chance of needing to be rescued than being a rescuer) have been fishing out their red and yellow caps and are all ready to hit the beach for patrol in the next few weeks.

I salute them for their effort.

Errrrm there is a leetle bit of concern for me with the onset Summer…one is thinking one’s wobbly and white bits are a tad more white and wobbly than one would like…I am totally blaming the new baby in our old cottage…that KitchenAid is responsible for the making of cakes, the making of muffins, the making of breads that have, I do believe, made themselves visible right on my outer thighs and upper arms.

Note to self : buy a wrap.

20120924-03-beach-cottage-coastal-photo

So it’s the school holidays here…if you are reading from outside Australia, this is the Spring holiday, we were meant to be going overseas, this time last year we were in Hong Kong, but unfortunately we didn’t have anyone to look after our little friend Barls, and so in the end we decided to stay here….we still have things on this week but next week we are cooking up some plans to get out and explore…for me it’s long days on the beach with a book and finding some new places in Sydney…the kiddos had other ideas including water parks (dear Lord please tell me soon my days of attending water parks and pretending I like flying down ramps with my kiddos are soon to be over), multi-screen cinemas and candyfloss and….wait for it…paintballing…

…and ahem talking of painting….I have a few things to get painted…armoire news : getting there, vintage dresser news : not even started yet

That’s it from me for today, I am off to enjoy the holidays with the Beach Cottage Crew….I may not be around here as much…but without schedules and stuff I may be here more…

So be seeing you

p.s. I loveeeeee this shot of the chairs xx

20120924-01-beach-cottage-surf-lifesaving

13 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 9 Buffer 4 13 Flares ×

26 Responses to “Down My way Down Under”

1. Selby says:

Sand n sunshine? Yes please sign me up!:)

2. Kim says:

I would have looked after Barls in a heart beat for you Sarah … if I lived in your neck of the woods :)

3. Melinda says:

those colours are wonderful.
    Jealous of your sunshine – I did my walk in a hailstorm today !!!
    I cant imagine you would look anything other than gorgeous but I do understand that feeling of baring ones skin again after months of coverups – maybe Nigella was on to something with her Bondi Burkini?? ha ha
    I say crack open the fake tan – its an instant pick me up
    Enjoy your blue skies and routine free day xx

4. Fiona says:

beautiful photos as always. enjoy the holidays. lovely weather to get out and about!
    Fiona xx

5. Yep I’m loving that pic of the chairs too. They obviously knew you were coming. With your camera. And I’m still in awe of you actually getting into one of those horrid rides down ramps with your kids!! Enjoy the hols….xx

yes, I know I try to not sit on the side and join in…not my idea of a fun day out lol but good memories for them and a good time! x

6. So love this shot of the chairs … fancy lifeguard chairs in NSW ;) Enjoy the holidays xx

7. Lucy says:

Lovely photos Sarah… it reminds me that I’m obsessed with watching Bondi Rescue over here in Blighty! Obsessed! A friend of mine who I met whilst travelling in Oz, now lives near Coogee and she facetimed me over the weekend to show me the sunset on the Coogee coastal walk. Jealous is not the word!
    The weather here turned yesterday… Autumn torrential rain is here. Oh goody. Enjoy the holidays :) x

we love Bondi Rescue too! I wasn’t sure if it was on in Blighty or not…

yes I heard the rain was torrential…I do love Autumn though and all the cosy stuff…x

8. Jojo3b says:

Here in Adelaide….it’s not quite as warm…but getting there! Paint balling is fun,not so much water parks….. Good luck with that, I’m still waing for those days to be over…and my youngest is 16. I’m not sure if having hubby right in there with them is a good thing or not…..love your photos.

9. bec says:

Damn school holidays …that means Noosa is going to packed…looks like I’ll be favouring the inland country towns for the next 2 weeks. Enjoy yours.
    Great pics!
    Bec x

There is an end to water parks, school holiday movies etc. Then they start going to late night parties, get boyfriends/girlfriends, require driving lessons, get their licences, go on Schoolies and ALL the complications these things bring. Trying not to scare you! Take a deep cleansing breath and breathe. (I’ve found lap swimming me chill out. “Stroke correction” swimming lessons are a great help to improve style and efficiency.)

11. Your water is just beautiful! Australia is definitely on my “to do” list. My husband says it has a lot in common with Canada, as in same political issues, and a lot of the same problems(are we having fun yet, lol!) but your weather is SO much nicer than ours! We have, like, 8 – 9 months of winter here! And I have a strong dislike for winter! I am so living in the wrong part of this big ol’ world, lol!

12. Amanda says:

So jealous of your warm sunny beach day!
    Here in Blighty its rain,rain and more rain not to mention the flood alerts and high winds!
    Love your photos Sarah thanks so much for posting!

13. kath says:

I’m jealous of your nice weather! We are heading into Autumn in NY. Days and nights are getting cooler and everyone is starting to prep for winter, which always seems to come too soon. We’re picking apples, pumpkins and starting to get into nesting mode, but my heart is always with summer. Enjoy it for me!

14. Shar Y says:

Those colors! Wow! I would never be able to tear my eyes off of that sight!

15. laurie says:

The blues in your shots are always sooooo gorgeous, Sarah! I can’t even imagine what it’s like in person. :) Have a great holiday and soak up some springtime for me. It’s cool here – but at least the sun is shining in a turquoise sky!

xxo laurie

16. I have the seaside as well, but no spring here! We’re heading right into autumn and I was awaken at 5 pm by a violent wind, wondering if the old roof of my old cottage would survive!

17. HRH Sarah says:

We’ve got 85*F days and 50*F nights. It’s the time of year when my head stays congested, and I’m either hot or cold. I do love sitting our by the fire at night, though, wrapped up in a cashmere sweater and a wool blanket. Simple joys!

18. Resa says:

Your photos move me like no others! Whenever I feel in need of an escape, I come to your blog! Every time I read your post and view your pictures, I just want to sell everything and move to Australia. Thank you for sharing all that you do. I love coming here.

19. Jess says:

Gorgeous pics and I love the photo of the chairs too. Jx

20. Rukmini Roy says:

This poorly creature got a bad heat flu :( I always get flu. Al-friggin-ways. This just makes me wanna grab a mojito and head straight to the blues. And the blue chairs against the deep blue sea looks rather fantastic. Wow, puts a smile on my face and brightens me up. THANK YOU :)

Enjoy the Australian sun