Beach Cottage Bedroom and a Survey

Tue 4th, Sep, 2012

8 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 4 Buffer 2 8 Flares ×

20120904-01-beach-cottage-blog-slider

G’day sweet Beach Cottage girls, how the devil are you, I am in the bedroom today.

Before we start today, I have a little reader survey that I would love you to take part in..it’s just so that I know a little bit more about you and what you like to see here..

If you love being part of it here and reading along I would be very grateful if you could take a few mins to fill it out, just go here

20120904-02-beach-cottage-blog

Hmm well all is now good here, I am up bright and early this morning and I tell you what, ahem, feeling just a tad more respectable than I was yesterday.

20120904-03-a-beach-cottage-blog Most of the day I sported dark glasses, laid on the sofa with Barls, baked some cakes to try and get that comfort feeling going and tidied up in here so that it was all ready for a weary old soldier to climb into as early as humanly possible once all Beach Cottage Crew were fed and watered.

20120904-04-IMG_5822

20120904-05-IMG_5830

One of the things I love about white decor, beachy, coastal or not is that you can change things around quite a bit..as you know I am always adding different things to this old cottage and right now I am loving pops of raspberry with the white and putty…though I don’t like the coastal red stripe thing (too themed for me), I am liking a raspberry red tucked here and there near the odd white-washed vintage oar…

20120904-06-beach-cottage-wardrobe_thumb 20120904-07-beach-cottage-bedroom-bed

…and this little clear-up was in mind for the armoire which should be arriving tonight…yes the removalists have been slacking…I am ridiculously excited about this and now thinking perhaps I shouldn’t have gone on about it quite as much..always best to lower one’s expectations, especially when talking pre-loved is it not?

So that’s it from me this morning, checking back in soon with another vintage find that is awesome but I didn’t actually find myself more like acquire

Love from the girl on the beaches with the nice clear head

Do you like changing around your decor and linens too?

p.s. Barley blogged this morning too…come and see

Beach Cottage Places…new in food xo

Be a part of abeachcottage, take the little survey here

(iPhone pic here showing a bit more x)

20120904-08-beach-cottage-iphone

8 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 4 Buffer 2 8 Flares ×

37 Responses to “Beach Cottage Bedroom and a Survey”

1. Morning Sarah, happy to here you’re, um,’ recovered’?!! As usual your bedroom is gorgeous and leaves me looking at mine feeling a tad like a failure!! For some reason I’ve always struggled with getting our bedroom looking right. Obviously the husband’s fault. I’m off to visit Barley. And buy some new bedlinen. Have a happy day…x

2. ~Aspen says:

I love the crisp, clean look! I bought a home built in the 50s and will be slowly updating everything. I will be going with a cottage beach house feel. I am drooling all over your blog. Sorry, I should go mop everything up. Your beach cottage bedroom is calling me in. I want to sit up on that inviting bed and read. I can hear the ocean waves just outside the window and smell the salty air. Lovely!

BTW Barley is totally ADORABLE!

3. Happy you are doing well again. I always love visiting your beautiful blog. The bedroom makes me smile, so bright and beautifully beachy. Thank you for sharing, sending hugs your way and wishes for a beautiful week ahead. xo

4. Melinda says:

hello there !
    good thing about those slow days is that when back on form you feel so good & ready to tackle anything – its a bit of bright side thinking anyway ;)
    I love to change my bedlinen, albeit from white to white but clean sheets, new pillowcases – well Im happy
    - for me its all in the detail of the whites and the layering
    Have a lovely day xx

5. Julie K. says:

Absolutely love the splash of color in the cabbage rose comforter!

6. Nothing like a good clean up and bake, when one has a sore head and the “why did I have that last glass” kinda feeling day!

Bet it lightened the dark glasses a little….

Loving your quilt and hope you feeling a little perkier today!

Did the ABC survey hon!

Melissa x

7. laurie says:

I’m just loving the pops of color you’ve introduced throughout your beach cottage, Sarah! So bright and happy! Love the aqua and red together! I took your survey, too. :)

xoxo laurie

8. Terri says:

Although, the room is pretty….I have to admit the first time I saw your bedroom several years ago with all of the white everywhere….I thought it was beyond beautiful and still think it would be my favorite room of all time.

9. Angela says:

~Signed, sealed, delivered, I’m yours!~ ok, I’ll quit singing now. I took the survey. That’s what I was saying/singing. That song just popped in my head?
    Glad you feel better. ;)

-Ang

10. Susan @ Afford Your Passions says:

Sarah – I attempted to take the survey, but gave up when it kept requiring me to give an answer. Sometimes the last option was “other” (please specify) -there was no place to check, just a box to complete; however, the survey didn’t recognize me completing the box without placing a check mark. It wasn’t a one-off thing, either.

11. Cheri says:

Another lovely post, another lovely bedroom. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. Love the pops color you add to filmy white. And Barls is adorable!

12. Neen says:

Your last bedroom blog inspired me to ‘get thinking’ about our place of sleep. Lots of beautiful ideas and photos have been filed away until the new year when………….. bada boom bada bam……… we will be RENOVATING our bedroom and spare room into a tiny study and much needed ensuite.
    Love your little pops of raspberry ;)
    (Survey was fine for me.)

13. Suzanne says:

Sarah, it’s such a treat
    following you on IG and
    now to pop in and see
    more on your blog. It’s
    my dream to live on the
    ocean or lake {or heck,
    I’ll take a river….a pond,
    just give me a water cottage!}
    so it’s inspiring to visit.
    Plus, I love your sweet pooch,
    Barls : )

Hope you are back in the
    swing of things. Hate that kind
    of “illness” ~ ha!

xo Suzanne

thanks very much Suzanne..I am loving IG, so pleased you enjoyed the blog too!

I hear you, I love being near the water…and yes for me a pond was it in the old days lol!

14. Beth says:

Survey done Sarah. It will be really interesting finding out some of the results. I hope you’ll share some. x

Yes, thanks Beth for taking the time to do the survey…I will be interested to see the results – it will be great to hear a bit of the other side of this blog :-)

Wow Sarah, that bedroom has a lot more colour now. I noticed a change of quilt. Does that mean that the Anthropologie one is in the mail for me? Luckily I didn’t quite get round yet to buying my own.

16. Candy says:

Well, first off, that was the easiest survey I’ve ever taken. Smooth sailing so to speak :) Second, love your bedding (please tell me it’s Ikea Checks cause I thought I saw it in their catalog)!! The folded duvet is scrumptious (color) and can’t wait to see the new piece in the bedroom. No expections other than it will be perfect, as always!

17. Cathy says:

Love the light fresh look. We are in the middle of hot and this looks so cool and refreshing. Love your blog… Don’t miss a post….

18. Bev says:

I took the survey…….. Where did you get the little white crochet dress ?

19. Elly Brunner says:

Beautiful! Where did you get the blue comforter/blanket that is in the trunk? I love it!

20. Sharon Forward says:

Looks absolutely wonderful!x

21. Helen T says:

Wow Sarah a pristine made bed, I thought that was my style not yours because, I love your casually crumpled, thrown the bedcovers up look you do so beautifully
    Cheers Helen

22. I LOVE your bedroom! And, that pop of pink is too pretty! Well, I gave it the old college try. Unfortunately, you have a partially completed survey. Was just way too long! It just kept going and going, and I wasn’t sure where the end was, and other duties called. So…not sure if a partial complete counts?

23. Anonymous says: