Just Beach Cottage Wow

Sun 5th, Aug, 2012

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

20120805-01-beach-cottage-ocean-sunset

Well I am still here in NYC and a leetle bit homesick for this…

I am having a whale of a time here in NYC but, it’s funny how life works because after a few days here, I was Skyping with Mr Beach Cottage and I said wow how, though I love New York, coming here has made me see how absolutely fabulous Sydney is…with the beach on the doorstep!

In that same Skype session Mr TBC sat down and chatted to me, at the end of the convo he said oh I got a few pretty good shots today as the sun went down on my board (please do not leave me any comments about him being out there at this time of the day and the sharks, I prefer not to remind myself that this is the time Aussie sharks settle down for dinner)

‘Send them to me’ said I

‘I’d love to see’

Pretty good?

Oh yeah

Proud much?

Totally.

I’ll be back soon with more NYC, a round-up post, a few outfits and then be heading back to The Lucky Country with an extremely heavy suitcase…and I haven’t even been to the flea yet…on that note, thank you very very much for all your comments, messages and recommendations for what to do, I have taken them all on even though I have been a bit busy to reply to them all….

Cheers ladies

p.s. hello and thanks to all that came up to meet me & say hello today at the conference, you girls are too kind!

20120805-01-beach-cottage-ocean-sunset

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

20 Responses to “Just Beach Cottage Wow”

1. Can’t wait to see what you buy at the flea markets! Have fun!!
    xx

2. Jennifer says:

Real Aussie Boys surf anytime – don’t try stop them !

3. Michelle says:

beautiful photos !!

4. So wonderful to meet you today, and shoot the breeze. See you again in cyberspace soon. Much love xx

5. Angie says:

so glad your having a good time ! B E A U T I F U L shots that your young man took ! Bet your about to “bust your buttons”! (in other words a poud momma)

6. Fiona says:

beautiful photos. there’s no place like an Australian beach! but you’ll be home soon enough so enjoy your time away.

7. Tiff says:

Oh, gorgeous photo! I haven’t been able to comment for a while, but have enjoyed a quick squizz at your NY shots. I love NY – I’ve been there 3 x but for brief stints and never felt like my desire to explore it had been satiated. Nearly moved there about 14 yrs aga, and love the energy there but wouldn’t be able to live there long-term I don’t think. Australia really does hold my heart for long-term living :)

8. Wowwwww! Stunning photos! Took my breath away. ❈

Cue Jaws music.

Thank you again for a lovely long distance intro to NYC.

10. Jenni Johnston says:

I wouldn’t worry, the northern beaches have a pretty good low shark strike rate, If he was in WA it might be another story….BTW I only just realised you live near where I grew up, but back then Freshwater was called Harboard beach. My fav Sydney beach. I now live far south coast, Tathra Beach, voted the most clean beach in NSW! Hope you don’t have too much excess baggage to pay…enjoy the rest of your time.

11. Zo says:

Luv luv luv your blog. Did I say luv? Yup! Wonderful. Enjoy NYC an all it has to offer. Have fun at the flea markets and thanks for your lovely pics of street life in NYC.
    Cheers
    Zo

12. Laura says:

Sarah, there’s a ferry which takes me straight into Manhattan & I have a beach right on my doorstep. NYC is crazy, but beaches are just a stone throw away, as in Sydney and last night we had an amazing sunset too :-)

yes I know Laura, but not quite the same as an Aussie beach I don’t think from what I have seen :-))))))

• Laura says:

Too true, an Aussie beach is hard to beat, but I think anyone is lucky living next to any beach. Anywhere you can enjoy watching the sun sink into the ocean is pretty cool. Lx

13. What a great photo. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree as they say!!

14. HRH Sarah says:

Gorgeous photo, Mr. TBC. Was that taken with the GoPro? Looking forward to seeing you back at home, Sarah, although i am enjoying the NYC shots!