Beach Cottage Tulips and Bombshells

Wed 22nd, Aug, 2012

19 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 19 Buffer 0 19 Flares ×

20120822-01-BEACH-COTTAGE-TULIPS-FLOWERS

Well G’day Beach Cottage girlies, how the heck are you?

Well I was going to come here and talk to you about paint, white paint and painting a few new pieces…well not new new but old and soon gonna be new, Beach Cottage new…

20120822-02-beach-cottage-decor-1

I have a couple of things to show you that will soon be getting the Beach Cottage treatment…one has been sitting under my house waiting patiently for a long time and was given to me by a very nice lady (hello Tricia!) and soon will be up here with the humans…

20120822-03-IMG_5201 20120822-04-beach-cottage-tulips_thumb 20120822-05-IMG_5227

But instead I found myself zoning out and taking pictures with my camera of tulips on our old deck on the coastal (without a finished top but hidden with a nice tablecloth, thank-you-very-much) table…

…because it seemed that yesterday my lovely husband dropped a bombshell…a nice bombshell but a huge bombshell all the same and it’s changed all of our plans and now my little head is spinning and bursting and popping and so all thoughts of painting were swiftly thrown out the window as I buzzed around…no he is not leaving me for a new model who does not come accessorized with a broomstick, though I wouldn’t be surprised Winking smile

20120822-06-IMG_5209 20120822-07-IMG_5202_thumb

These tulips and camera settings kinda nearly helped me to zone out.

20120822-08-BEACH-COTTAGE-DECORATING-IDEAS-1_thumb

I hope you like them?  Don’t they just scream home and comfort and Spring and happy?

Here’s to flowers and bombshells.

I can’t cope with the excitement of a KitchenAid and a bombshell in one week.

Is it too early for a Limoncello?????

I think it might not!

Love from the beaches

20120822-09-IMG_5212_thumb

19 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 19 Buffer 0 19 Flares ×

29 Responses to “Beach Cottage Tulips and Bombshells”

1. Kim says:

Oh do tell … what’s the bombshell? … you can’t leave us in the lerch :)

2. Denise says:

Now you’ve done it Sarah. lol You’ve peaked my curiosity with your mention of a “good bombshell”, and lured me out of lurkdom. (Okay, so it’s not a real word.) Don’t leave us hanging! :)

3. kelly says:

Your photography is amazing. Beautiful Beautiful pictures. I so enjoy. Thank you.

4. Sam says:

Hi Sarah, love the photos….. And love the jug the flowers are in!!
    Also, very intrigued re bombshell

Cheers Sam

5. Kim H says:

Now that was a little bit terrible of you, leaving us in limbo like that;) We are on the edge of our seats waiting here for you to share the bombshell. come on, Sarah, please??? And your tulips look absolutely gorgeous!!!!
    Now, for that bombshell ….

6. Ha I haven’t finished my table either, my top is all sanded, laying face down on the floor just waiting to have the stain and floor finish- tung oil put on it. Wanna race me??
    Obviously you are stunned by your hubby’s announcement. I’m sure it will take you all on a great path. My hubby regularly hits me with them too! most often Business ones. I have learned to just roll with it, our’s usually involves the purchasing of something huge (like farm equipment , planes or land!) and I usually put my bit in. Sometimes we know our husbands better than they know themselves and know what stress levels they are comfortable with, so that’s where I have my say- telling him how I think it could work better and what I know he (and in return the family) can or can’t handlle with his increasing stress levels. My biggest thing is preserving the time he has with the family, so I like it when his plans involve allowing more time with the kiddos doing things. Gotta love that!

7. ComfyChair says:

First I thought for sure you were pregnant.

Then I thought Mr. BC must be pregnant. Now that would be a bombshell!

But seriously, can’t imagine what it could be.

This is too suspenseful!

8. {oc cottage} says:

well, as long as it’s a “good” bombshell, then “bombs away!” i say! {and your zoned out tulips look perfectly fab!;}

m ^..^

9. So how’s the limoncello going down?!? xx

10. kerrie says:

Are you moving? Thats my guess.

Love the pictures, those tulips are gorgoeus!
    What is under the house?
    What is the bomshell?

You are leaving me out here hanging to dry lady!

Do this miserably sick reader a favour…please spill the beans!

It’s nice to have a bit of exciting news isn’t it…It makes one feel alive!
    I hope it’s all good…

12. the freckled minx says:

I feel it involves change with all that zooming in and out on those to die for tulips? Good luck……B:) x

13. Candice says:

Hi Sarah , after 20 years of my hubby’s bombshells I have come to the thinking we sane females need to invent another speicies so to speak . Male of course but with some well planed and tuned improvemnets . Mr BC is a DIY man and supports you at BC he’s on the OK list .
    I was reading a bit of male menopause yep re mine a non DIY man and non support of DIY wife and never reads instructions … seems they start their male menopause at around 35+ to 40+ and continue for many decades . So that explained a lot and that was just the first paragragh .
    It was like finding the key to the secret code .. via a simple google request .. What are the symptons of male menopause ? . Love the tulip pics . Cheers to you all at BC land .

14. At least Mr.BC dropped this bombshell whilst the sun was a-shining and you had some *floral* goodies to focus on!

How’s the drink going down….?!

Big GOOD news I’m thinking…

15. Princess says:

This is better than a soapie cliffhanger, but please don’t make us wait a whole season to unveil the bombshell!!!

WWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What’s the bombshell?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

17. Annettr says:

Oh Sarah – I also lurk but rarely if ever comment – but you have to share the bombshell

18. Libby says:

My life would be complete if I could take photos that capture the colours and light of yours!!!

19. Beautiful tulips ! So…what’s the bombshell?

20. bec says:

you’re moving up north….? we will welcome you with open arms….
    Bec x

21. Rochelle says:

Oh I heart tulips! Lovely pictures as always Sarah. Also I have nominated you as one Lovely Blog. Have a peek here. xox http://danishexchange.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/thank-you/

22. Fleur says:

Beautiful tulips, one of my fave flowers x Hoping your head has stopped spinning, and the Limoncello has helped x

23. suzanne says:

Oh Sarah, there are enough cliffhangers on TV please show us all the new things and lay down the bombshell.
    Pleaaaassssseeeeee!!!!!!!!

24. Tonya in England says:

Are you moving to Amsterdam? Just wondered if the tulips and mention of a man in the Netherlands were a clue!

25. Susan says:

Moving to Noosa….. YEAH Baby?? Byron?? Byron HInterland? oh gosh….. do tell………