Ocean & Mr T Beach Cottage Guest Posts

Fri 20th, Jul, 2012

1 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 1 Flares ×

20120720-01-beach-cottage-underwater-photography

Hello again everyone!

It’s Mr. Teenage Beach Cottage here with my second guest post on the blog, again with some (rather less scary) surf pictures.

20120720-02-IMG_3263

Well, as very few of you may know it was my birthday recently and I decided to ask Mrs. BC for a GoPro Surf Edition (it’s a small action sports camera with a waterproof housing).  And I got it!

20120720-03-amazing-2

So far I love it, I’ve taken it out in the sea 3 times now but have been having difficulty with taking good shots as there is no display screen on the camera (you have to wait until you’re home and have the camera plugged into a computer to see the photos), but despite this I’ve still got some amazing shots.

20120720-04-IMG_3260

Getting the camera on the board was a bit of work (we had heard too that they are easy to lose and come off), the mounts that are provided by GoPro are designed for use on a surfboard (it’s a strong glue that can stick to the hard surface of a surfboard), but I wanted this on my body board and it doesn’t stick to that.

20120720-05-IMG_3273

So, ending this story, I had to make my own mount, this took ages shoving plugs here and there attempting to get it to stay solid in the board.

But after taking it out today and finding that from where the camera is placed you cannot see the wave in the video, I’m going to have to remount it in another position.

20120720-06-beach-cottage-wave

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the photos and hopefully I’ll have a very special post in the not so far future, I am working on editing a video underwater, it is amazing.

Here are my feet underwater, I thought my mum and the readers of this blog would appreciate a foot shot ;-)

20120720-07-GOPR0033

[nggallery id=69]

Bye for now, thanks for looking at my stuff, the first time I posted I had lots of comments and it was great

Mr TBC

edit from Mrs BC : a classic brief teenage communication ;-) ;-)  …love it

these shots do it for me ladies…bring on Summer, I will be in there with this baby strapped to my wrist

…and doing sit-ups now in prep for the bikini ;-)

20120720-08-beach-cottage-ocean-wave-sea-photography

1 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 1 Flares ×

45 Responses to “Ocean & Mr T Beach Cottage Guest Posts”

1. bec says:

great shots dude..you are definitely your mothers sons….keep up the great work.
    Happy birthday too!
    Bec x

2. Melinda says:

Those shots are amazing – I esp like the first one – clever you !
    What a great present ….. looking forward to your video.
    Have a great day

3. Mr Styling You has a go pro and yes, it’s frustrating not knowing what the shots are like till you get home … but the good ones are amazing. Well done with yours!

4. emily says:

so awesome!! i love them! can’t wait to see more. good luck with coming up with a new mount system. i also have some friends that put it on a helmet. and i also did hear the tragic story of someone losing their’s in the surf. have fun!

5. Mr T BC- I think these are fantastic shots- there would be many people who read your mum’s blog , who have never sat *out the back* in the surf ever, who would be blown away by *your* view in the surf back to shore!

Looking forward to the movie…and HUGE thanks- I now know what my son is getting for Christmas this year over the summer!

Melissa :)

6. Karen says:

Great shots! Makes you want to try surfing although I reckon it might be a teeny bit colder in the North Sea…. Love the foot action, your mum must be v proud!
    Really nice shots, and the last one has v nice depth and perspective.
    Oh and Happy birthday too!

7. Michelle says:

Those shots are amazing! You have a real talent …your mum must be so proud of you.
    My favourites would have to be 1 and 3 .

8. What amazing photos.
    Happy Birthday.

9. Oh thank goodness you put in a feet shot!! And those water pics aren’t too shabby either! Good job!! Although the word bikini has me a little worried now thanks Sarah!?!

10. Jacey says:

Awesome shots! I look forward to more. That’s a cool camera. Happy belated birthday!

11. Felicity says:

These shots are really cool. You have a talent like your Mum in photography. This is such a cool way to have a record of what you love doing. I love that your parents bought you this camera so you can be creative, we all need to let loose and be more creative.

12. Kat says:

Great shots.
    I especially love the first one!
    Pretty cool Mum you have there. Make sure you get that pic of her in a bikini ;) Lol.
    Happy b’day!! :)

13. Kim says:

How awesome is that! Happy Belated Birthday Enjoy~Cheers Kim

14. Wow! I’d like to hang a few of those on my wall!
    michelle

Happy belated B’day(I celebrated mine recently too)! That first shot was really good, I liked what I imagine is your eye view of the surf… Loving the shot of your feet in the water but my absolute favourite is that last one! Like a wall of water coming at ya! Keep at it hope you will share more as you progress along :) I am counting down the days ’till summer! My poor fingers (and toes)can’t handle much more of this so I have no idea how you manage in the water! lol

16. Rochelle says:

Oh my goodness, these made me miss South Africa my home country so much, cause I could literally feel the water (not as cold as here in Denmark) on my skin and smell the see breaze through your pictures. This says a lot, so keep up the great work. :)

17. Lucy says:

Gorgeous photos!

18. Neen says:

WOW !!! Great pics, I love the beach……..your photos are awesome. LUUUUURVE the one with the trees in the background :) Neen

19. Claire says:

Great shots – and kind of fun that you can’t see them until you download them back at home!

20. Rukmini Roy says:

Hahahahahahahahaha…Okay you had me @ The readers of this blog would like a foot shot. Ye ye, everyone’s showing their new shoes these days eh! But can I tell you that this is the best foot shot (and one that really deserves to be taken) I’ve seen by far.
    Well done TBC. I’m mortally afraid of water so its through your cam I’ll have to see how surfing feels like :) GO TBC. Wing it :D

21. Happy Birthday! Good score in the techie dept! Well done on the post and the shots.

22. Angela Smith says:

Very cool shots! Hope you had a great birthday!

23. Angie Smith says:

Wow pretty good shots ! Id say you take after mom for sure. Keep up the good work !

24. Krisztina says:

Keep photographing! You sure have talent!

25. Happy Birthday! What an awesome gift you have for photography! Looks like the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree! Great shots! Be careful out there in the waves.

26. Shar Y says:

really awesome shots! and the foot shot has me cracking up! can’t wait to see more…

27. Donna says:

Wonderful shots…. makes me long for the beach myself. We all appreciate your efforts and hope that more photos and video are in the near future. Thank you BC family for connecting us all with your beach life everyday!!

HUGS to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Resa says:

I love these photos! Thank you for explaining your trial and error of mounting the camera on your board – I found that fascinating because I’ve never heard of doing that (and I’m a California girl!). Good luck in getting it mounted on just the right spot. I’ll look forward to seeing your upcoming awesome pictures!

29. Chantel says:

Happy late Birthday!! Very cool birthday gift idea. I love the 3rd, 4th and last shots :)

30. loulou says:

beautiful action shots – this baby does what it is supposed to do and so well.

What a life you are journalling for yourself via your fantastic mumma’s blog.

by the way – love the foot shot – very funny.

have a great weekend MR TBC

Loulou

31. HRH Sarah says:

Man, I love those things! So cool to have under and on the water photos! Very cool, thanks for sharing… I especially love the “flipper shot” ;)

32. Im dying to get one of those cameras… Great photos!!!

33. bec says:

wow, very impressive. Well done you

34. Angela says:

Oh I. WANT. ONE. ! Great shots & great work on the b’day present Sarah! Love Mr TBC posts as much as everything else.

35. Melissa says:

thank you so much for sharing these photos – I have always wanted to surf, (but to scared now to learn how) – now I know what amazing views you get to look at – thanks again!

36. Stacey (harrimar) says:

Hi TBC
    These shots are fantastic, they really give you the sensation of being out in the surf with the waves all around you (I of course know all about this cos I watched Castaway last night) ; ) Looking forward to seeing your next ones.
    Happy Belated Birthday

37. joyce tx says:

Wonderful shots! Thanks!

38. Tiff says:

Love, love, love these photos. Can’t wait to see more. It’s rare you get to see shots of the water from this perspective (unless you really go hunting for them, which I don’t!), so I really appreciate you sharing them here.

Is this part of mum’s master plan for you to become incredibly successful and maintain a lifestyle for her that she will become accustomed to?

Beautiful photos. Don’t stop.

40. Elaine in Laguna says:

These pix are awesome! Great job, dude! I really like the first and third ones. Keep it up and can’t wait to see more! Wishing you a wonderful birthday!

41. Maria says:

Gorgeous shots. I especially like the first one. I’ve been wanting to snag a go pro myself. This may have just convinced me to buy one. Love the Mr. T Beach Cottage posts. Keep them coming.

42. Susan says:

Love, love, love the pics! Thanks for sharing with us.

43. Dimity says:

Wooo ! I love that last one, the colours are amazaballs! Some of them appear to have a fish-eye kinda look, very cool.

44. Tricia Rose says:

Wonderful shots! Quite right about the mounts, we use our GoPros as ‘sacrifice’ cameras on conveyor belts, motorcycles, model helicopters(most fun ever) etc where we couldn’t risk our big cameras or more importantly, ourselves, but even so we don’t want to lose them. Keep pushing the envelope!