You Did Try to Tell Me, I know you did

Wed 13th, Jun, 2012

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

20120613-01-barley-cavoodle-puppy

So, yeah, I know, I know, when I first got Dougal here all those months ago you all told me…

Oh yes did you laugh when I said I was on the hunt for a Beach Cottage dog,

‘Pah!’ some of you said ‘you want a black dog?!!!  Yeah right Mrs Beach Cottage!!’

You poo-poohed me – the white sofa and a dog!

The dog won’t be allowed on the sofa said I.

‘Yeah right’, said you.

Did I listen?  Of course I didn’t.

Puppy mess?  More Cleaning?  Craziness?

Yes.  In abundance.

Love.

A huge big bundle.

Of that too.

Pin the Puppy here! :-)

find Barley, Beach Cottage Cavoodle blogging, here – more stories from the putty & white puppy from the beaches :-)

20120613-02-cavapoo-puppy

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

15 Responses to “You Did Try to Tell Me, I know you did”

1. Janet says:

It’s the eyes. I tells ya! With eyes like that, the puppy can get away with anything! My puppy, (who is now a full grown dog at nearly 5 but still looks like a puppy and thinks he’s a puppy,) is lying on the armchair as we speak. He has, of course had a run round my muddy English garden first!

2. Fleur says:

Love the beach cottage blue kong! x

3. Deb says:

Hard to resist a cheeky possum like that.

I spend my days keeping Bella, the special needs cat, off our lounge. Somehow I accidentally discovered that sheets of bubble wrap deter her. Such a great decorating look!

5. HRH Sarah says:

How could you resist? And really, that Barley is the perfect BC accessory ;)
    I bet he’s good for a snuggle on the couch if you were so inclined.

6. Marnie says:

He looks a bit guilty hee hee :) but super cute!!!

7. Susan @ Afford Your Passions says:

Yep, dogs are family members, not pets, which is why, with a shedding german shepherd, I don’t have white slipcovers.

Barley is adorable!

8. Susan says:

Oh my cuteness x2! I can see how you couldn’t resist to reason. Congrats!

9. Mummaducka says:

Haha, just keep him bathed and put some linen napkins or hand towels on the seat bit and all will be well. Yes he is a true family member now! Love it! Imagine mine after they have been digging holes mousing in the paddocks then come in and jump on the cream lounge, lucky it’s wipe off leather! Once a pair of my cairns ripped apart a leather Moran recliner overnight. We think there must have been a mouse up inside it. Insurance company were fantastic! Hint- never leave dogs alone inside!

10. Cindy says:

You have been very clever with your colour choice there – the dog hair will at least blend in with your colour scheme! We had a labrador who shed for 12 months of the year but his hair matched the floor tiles, so it could have been worse.

11. When someone says their new pup won’t be allowed on the furniture, I just laugh…
    Brenda

12. Kim Buca says:

i said the same thing whenni got the lil furbabies here no couch yeah right they think it is their couch you guessed it the couches are white here too so just plenty of slip covers! barley is so stinking cute!! how could you not love a face like that!!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!!!
    xoxooxox

13. Candice says:

Sarah smile mate at least you don’t have to put up with a dog , 11 months old @ 67 kgs will grow a further 30 kgs and comes with at least 20cm of drool hanging from its wrinkled bound mouth all day long …. yep white on white here is looking a little washed out at present , water bill up … power bill up … not to mention dog food bill … So enjoy Barley hes cute , clean and without 20 cm of drolll .. did I mention what this dog smells like ? Now I need a cup of tea , a good cry and to ban forever my hubby off the net so no more surprises come home .. And have to buy more ear plugs so we can sleep .. dog snores and its snoreing vibrates the timber floor and deck .. yep no escape .. I need a Barley hug ….

14. Sabine says:

Hi Sarah,
    A few months ago I found some large white cotton sheets and covered the sofa with them. I only wanted to see how it would look in white. Then cat Karlo came in from the muddy garden after a nice hunt and whatever he does outside when it is raining and jumped on it. That was the moment when I realized that this would be my simple and very relaxing tool for sandy paws on the most popular places: the clean white linen on the bed and the sofa . It is much easier to clean than the seat cover . I would have saved a lot of time during the last 20 years that I spent with cleaning sandy pawprints and looking for plaids and towels that look decorative (on the sofa) when I would have discovered that a bit earlier… Greetings to the cute Barley.
    Sabine