Crock Pot Slow Cooker Lasagne Soup

Tue 12th, Jun, 2012

9 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 3 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 6 Buffer 0 9 Flares ×

20120612-01-IMG_3684

Hey Beach Cottage friends, today we have Surfer Boy Lasagne Soup that can be made in your crock pot / slow cooker!

Simply. It rocks.

20120612-02-IMG_3673
This is not the Crock Pot Lasagne I do (that is more the traditional layered lasagne) but this is just so easy and tasty and very very good for ravenous kiddos.

It is simple and good fodder food – food that comforts and tastes like home, with natural real-girl everyday ingredients, great for your budget and good for your effort levels.

Did anyone say throw it on in the middle of the day or cobble it together when you come through the door while running the bath? Oh good, I thought so Winking smile

20120612-03-IMG_3712

Crock Pot Lasagne Soup

1lb / 500g mince beef (ground beef)
2 cups stock
2 cups water
1 large handful mixed fresh herbs & 1 bunch Italian parsley
1 baguette
4 cloves garlic
salt & pepper
2 bay leaves
2 onions chopped
1 bottle passata (or 1 can tomatoes)
2 cups pasta shapes
2 cups mozzarella cheese or cheddar (your preference)
1 cup parmesan cheese

1. brown onion, mince & 3 cloves garlic in pan

2. add to slow cooker with herbs, bay leaves, salt & pepper, passata, water & stock

3. cook on high 4/5 hours

4. in last 30 mins of cooking add in pasta

20120612-04-IMG_3725

to serve lasagne soup

slice & toast baguette

rub with garlic

set up bowls on baking tray

ladle lasagne soup into bowls

top each bowl with as slice of baguette & some cheese & salt/pepper

place under hot grill until cheese has melted

top with Italian Parsley

Beach Cottage Lasagne Soup Recipe Notes : you can omit the browning stage (I usually do), all day on low works well, if cooking on the stove at least an hour on low preferably more, a grating of nutmeg is nice, herbs can of course be dried, I like oregano & thyme here, adjust the liquid content to your liking (if it is too liquid in your crock pot just leave the lid ajar for about 30 mins or so to lose some of the liquid) a green salad goes well with this if you have the energy

That’s it from me today Beach Cottage girls, I have had lots of feedback on my recipes, thank you SO MUCH!

If you like the look of this, I bet you might like Chorizo Stew here

[nggallery id=47]

See you next time then, I am off for a walk with Barley and to get a very much needed coffee…oh on the kitchen, cupboards are up…it’s so much less-cluttered in the kitchen!  woohoo

Barley has a new blog post up here, come and say G’day !

oh and join the Beach Cottage Club here xo

20120612-05-IMG_3716

9 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 3 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 6 Buffer 0 9 Flares ×

14 Responses to “Crock Pot Slow Cooker Lasagne Soup”

1. Melinda says:

looks good Sarah, I think it might be just the thing for after football training.
    enjoy your walk and coffee xx

2. Alison says:

yum Sarah! Fabbo. This looks so good and oh so easy (my favourite), can’t wait to try it. And it’s so perfect for our weather right now. Really looking forward to sitting down with a cuppa and catching up on your gorgeous blog. x

3. Neen says:

After the success of surfer boy chicken curry ( which daughter is STILL raving about) I will give this delicious looking recipe a go. Perfect for soccer/netball training nights. Thanks Sarah for the photos, it makes the recipe easier to read/follow ;)

4. I had to look up passata. ❈
    Mmmmmm. Soup! Will have to tuck this idea away for the fall. Thx!

5. Debra Terrell says:

Wow! I am MAKING this soup for dinner.. It could be a great surprise for my family especially my husband he absolutely loves Lasagna!

6. Rukmini Roy says:

Yum. Looks full of flavor and taste and I’m sure it’s filling too. Just about perfect for my home. Men around here like to hog. :) I’ll try this one out…for sure.
    Also, can you direct me to the spotted spoon store? They are just way too cute.

7. Selby says:

Yum! Sounds just perfect for my effort levels:)

8. MangoMama says:

Oh this looks good! Wanted to share a recipe for a little side that goes so well with your Goat Cheese and Lentil Salad! You’ll love this super easy: slice cherry tomatoes in half, toss in baking pan. Then toss in some chopped garlic, some goat cheese, a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven until it’s bubbly and yummy smelling. Serve with a baguette or the above mentioned Goat Cheese Lentil salad. I like to do a little plate with 3 salads, like this recipe, yours and some other like a quinoa salad. I just ate the two of these for lunch, and my oh my, it was lovely. Thank you for these recipes! Inspiring!

9. Jenny says:

Yum yum yum! This is in my crock pot as I type, and it smells SO GOOD!!! Always looking for different delicious recipes for minced beef, having purchased half a cattle beast…;) Need to free up some space in my freezer!
    Love your recipes Sarah – always no-fuss, with super delish results! Thank you!

10. Catching up on your posts is making me hungry {at 11 p.m.!} This looks so good. Thanks for a new recipe.

11. Shannon says:

What a great recipe! We tried this tonight and the kids loved it. I used a rosemary loaf instead of a baguette and it was delicious. I didn’t care for the pasta (I’m not a pasta lover) so next time, I think I’ll try cauliflower, zucchini, and eggplant. And maybe ground turkey instead off beef. I’ve tried several of your recipes and my kids love them! – Shannon

so pleased you liked it Shannon, thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback x

12. [...] with Grandma & Grandad ♥ Thursday – Sticky Drumsticks and Fried Rice ♥ Friday – Crock Pot Lasagne Soup ♥ Saturday – Leek & Zucchini Quiche (Healthy Food Guide, August 2012 edition) ♥ [...]