simple meal plan

Sun 27th, May, 2012

2 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 1 2 Flares ×

20120527-01-family-meal-plan

Happy Sunday Beach Cottage Ladies.

This week’s meal plan coming right at ya.

I have a fairly busy day today, involving big sporting things and kitchen cupboards, that’s an odd combo but one that is working!  So no roast for us today but something going in the slow cooker so everything remains tickety-boo in this old cottage by the time dinner comes around.

So One-Bowl lasagne for us… a very old favourite around here, as I did this meal plan I couldn’t believe I hadn’t blogged this yet…it’s to die for, it’s like mega, super easy & tasty, but guess what, it looks like you spent a tonne of time on it… I guess what I am saying is, I hope it will be on the blog soon lol!

20120527-02-easy-meal-plan

Also digging me some fish this week, we don’t eat fish as much as we should for two reasons, here in Australia it’s expensive, more than when we were in England (which I always find very odd) and with 5 of us it works out  expensive and secondly one of the Beach Cottage Crew, really, could do without fish if they had the choice, which is a shame because I love it and mostly we end up with some kinda fish soup…so this week a salmon recipe with a little touch of Asia, yum!

Sunday :  One Bowl Lasagne

Monday :  Honey Chicken Wings

Tuesday :   Baby Mac’s Salmon { Recipe Here }

Wednesday : Pork Red Curry

Thursday :    Spicy Lentil Stew

Friday  :  On Strike

20120527-03-Honey-Joys-Beach-Cottage

Baking : Honey Joys

haha hardly baking but I had a brain freeze with this, which will mean it will probs be Banana Bread  that’s on the menu (this is the easiest, tastiest Banana Bread in the world, I have had LOTS of feedback on it, make it, it rocks x)

and if you are bored with my meal plan from last week, here’s one from Aisling – she left hers in the comments, I like the sound of her Italian roast beef with Brussels Sprouts (I am right into them at the moment but have never done them in the crock pot I don’t think)

Aisling says:

Sun – slow cooker Italian roast beef with Brussels sprouts and potato slices baked in cream and fresh rosemary, pudding Russian pear cake.
Mon – pork and beef meatballs with pasta. (leftover from slow cooker last week)
Tues – pizza
Weds – Tuscan. Bean soup
Thurs – fish poached in ,tomatoes and garlic

So that’s my meal plan for me this week, I’d love you to leave me yours…

oh and if you do have an easy baking recipe in your repertoire, well I wouldn’t mind that either ;-) (remember I need simple baking ;-) )

p.s if you need more meal planning inspiration go here for all mine & steal one!

oh & Barley, famous cavoodle from the beaches ;-) , has been blogging over here, don’t miss!

20120527-04-easy-meal-planning

2 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 1 2 Flares ×

13 Responses to “simple meal plan”

1. [...] more here: Easy meal plan | ← Cake Decorating Classes – Food – [...]

2. Janelle says:

Hi Sarah. I just popped in to borrow your beef stew recipe for tonights dinner only to find this weeks meal plan! Would love to see your version of slowcooked lasagna. Have you ever made lovely old fashioned hedgehog? Addictive and very very easy. Actually its hardly even baking. Break up pckt marie biscuits into bowl. Vintage of course. Melt 4oz butter in saucepan with 3/4 cups sugar (I use a little less) and1 tblspn cocoa. Stir til butter melts then throw in 1 beaten egg and stir. (Really fast so egg doesnt cook in clumps!!) Then chuck in the crushed biscuits, stir it all through and bang into a slice tin. Ice with choc icing when cold then we sprinkle with sprinkles or coconut. Then eat and enjoy!!!! Hope thats of some help?!!… Happy Sunday..xx

3. Hannah says:

Yuuum, sounds delicious. I want to eat ALL THE HONEY JOYS! Haha :)

We’re planning:
    M: Jerk Chicken with Avocado and Tomato Salsa
    T: Veal Pizzaiola with Green Beans
    W: Herb-Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pumpkin Puree
    T: Fillet Steak with Mushrooms and Wilted Spinach
    F: Roast Chicken with Swede, Pumpkin and Zucchini

4. Kim says:

Hi Sarah, I’m cooking the Moroccan Spiced Salmon tonight with Ainsley Harriott’s Moroccan Medley Cous Cous and a Peppers & Chillies Moroccan Salad (I found the salad recipe in one of my hundreds of cookbooks ‘Tagine – Spicy Stews from Morocco’) … I’ll let you know how the Salmon goes … Cheers Kim

5. Mummaducka says:

I came here tonight looking for the banana bread recipe cos i cant find my printout ! and instead of searching I read the meal plan and there s the link. I have brownies started and want to use the browned bananas for school lunches. I’ve done a couple of things for through the week, chicken pot pie and green chicken curry and have a couple of roast chooks, some mince meat for pasta sauceor savory mince and a brisket in the fridge ready to go too. So I kinda have a plan. Rare for me!

6. Aisling says:

I was surprised to see my menu mentioned – thanks Sarah!

I am in NZ but I had not heard of honey joys – it is funny how local a food tradition can be! I made them today and they were yumm. They went down a storm with the kids too!
    I am on a Sunday roast in the slow cooker kick at the moment and today we had lamb roast with tapenade and parsley stuffing – no leftovers!

7. Selby says:

Yum! Your plan looks great.
    My plan is leftover central to make a stressed out week more doable.
    Mon- roast pork made today
    Tues- lamb n lentil Freezer
    Wed- lamb n noodle soup freezer
    Thurs- sweet potato n pumkin soup freezer
    Fri- strike:) Mmn Thai takeout.

8. Susan @ Afford Your Passions says:

My son (age 12) is going to Australia in two weeks for his first ever visit. I’ve told my parents that they have to get him fish and chips from a “real” fish and chip shop (no such thing here in the US). I remember having (take-away) fish and chips every Friday night without fail when I was growing up – I had heard that it was getting out of the price range of most families these days (there were 6 in our family).

My husband’s favorite meal is lasagna – his mother makes an amazing dish; I’ve helped her make it, but have never done it myself, because it takes too long to makes, so I would love your simple lasagna recipe!

yes a real one is a long time to make this one isn’t really lasagne but we call it that! x

9. Kirsty says:

Definitely looking forward to seeing your Lasagne recipe on your blog. This is one of my family’s all time favourite meals but the recipe I have requires a little more effort than I can muster up sometimes :( This week we’re having:
    Monday: Italian Meatballs and Pasta
    Tuesday: Beef and Red Wine Casserole (already in the freezer) :)
    Wednesday: Home Made Pizza’s