meal planning

Sun 20th, May, 2012

21 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 17 Buffer 3 21 Flares ×

20120520-01-meal-planning

G’day lovely Beach Cottage ladies, meal planning time.

Well it was a busy Saturday here and we are still experiencing very nice Autumn weather, yep I can cope with it like this.

So on the menu this week, Herbed Roast Pork and all the extras with it for Sunday dinner – roast potatoes, roasted veggies etc and I will probs do Yorkshire Puddings too seeing as the weather is cooler…the pork is just simply scoring the pork more and stuffing in, around and under the skin lots of herbs – I just use whatever is plentiful in the garden – this makes for a very very tasty meat.

I am trying something new in my slow cooker / Crock Pot this week, Lemony Chicken with Goat’s Cheese, I actually came across a recipe for something similar in a waiting room magazine when waiting to get a cast put onto  a certain member of the Beach Cottage Crew’s arm.

The recipe was to stuff lemon and goat’s cheese in chicken – I read through it and thought this would be easy to adapt to the slow cooker, I will add white wine & stock etc and basically wing it and see how I go…if it’s good, which I have a feeling it will be, I will blog it…

20120520-02-IMG_2684

Sunday  :  Herbed Roast Pork

Monday :  Leftovers

Tuesday  :  Wine & Herb Packets  (Chicken)  { Recipe Here }

Wednesday :  Vegetable Soup

Thursday :  Crock Pot Lemony Chicken

Friday  :  Crock Pot / Slow Cooker Enchiladas

Baking

Beach Cottage Easy French Apple Pie  { Recipe Here }

Beach Cottage Go To Butter Cake  { Recipe Here }

[nggallery id=31]

oh and this Meal Planning is all about easy sharing

….I love that some of you are taking the time to share what you are planning to cook for the week

so here’s Jen’s  from SE QLD from last week if you want to steal it

Monday:   Beef Rissoles, gravy, mash, peas and carrots.
Tuesday:   Devilled Chicken and cous cous with veges tossed through it.
Wednesday:   Singapore noodles with veges
Thursday:   Sweet and Sour Pork Casserole with Rice
Friday:   Grilled Fish with mixed Salad
Saturday:   Out
Sunday:   Flat roasted Chicken on BBQ with grilled veges.

Baking for lunch treats:   Chocolate brownies
Dessert Friday night:   Lemon Delicious

(if you like the sound of Lemon Delicious, who wouldn’t?  She left me a link to the recipe here)

20120520-03-beach-cottage-recipe-easy-curry-

oh and if you missed it this week and love nothing better than a comforting curry go here for Beach Cottage Surfer Boy Curry

That’s it from me for today

See you tomorrow Beach Cottage lovelies

look what Barley’s been up to!

20120520-04-IMG_2688

21 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 17 Buffer 3 21 Flares ×

28 Responses to “meal planning”

1. Becky says:

Sat. chili Hot dogs with coleslaw, baked beans and chips.
    . Sun. Leftovers
    Mon. spinch and cheese stuffed manicotti with garlic bread
    Tue. mexican beef and bean casserole served with fritos or totilla chips and sour cream.
    wed. chicken salad pita sandwhiches with spinach and arugula salad
    Thrus. Meatball subs ,potato salad
    Fri. souviaki kabobs sereved with tzatzili sauce and soft tortillas to make into wraps

2. This week was
    Tuesday: Healthy Burritos
    Thursday: grilled Chicken Salad w/garlic french bread
    and Saturday: Beef Burgundy, Louisiana Carrots, and salad

and I will be baking chocolate chip scones

YUMMY!

3. Hannah says:

Yuum! We’re having a bit of a detox this week because I have allergen’d myself into three sleepless nights of nausea in a row, so it’s a bit boring this week:

Mon: Herbed Grilled Chicken with Steamed Broccoli
    Tues: Pumpkin and Spinach Frittata with Salad + Lemon Dressing
    Weds: Grilled Steak + Portobello Mushrooms with Garlic Sauce
    Thurs: Herbed Grilled Chicken with Steamed Broccoli (THE DETOX SPESH!!!)
    Fri: Baked Chicken with Salsa Verde Cauliflower + Green Beans

Baking:
    - Spinach Breakfast Muffins
    - Spiced Apple Tea + Flax Muffins

Other:
    - Homemade sugarfree layered jelly (dessert for the week)

4. Janelle says:

Lordy, this meal planning seems to roll around very quickly each week doesnt it?!! I’m trying your surfer boy curry this week, even tho we have no surfers in the house I think it will be a winner! Minestrone soup and sausage casserole (slow ‘cookered’ of course!) also on the menu. And a good old fashioned self saucing choc pudding. Sarah I’ve just been checking out my mate Barls’ page and not only is he looking his usual cute self but so are your shoes! May I please ask where you scored those? Happy Sunday….xx

5. Sarah-Jane says:

Hello Sarah! A work colleague and I both tried cooking your Surfer Boy Curry this week for our own clans….It was well relieved in both households! So easy and tasty!!. Thanks!

6. Bianca says:

Delicious! I plan my meals every week too.. I even made a notepad for it :) https://www.etsy.com/listing/82280933/meal-planner-a5-notepad
    Sunday: Ham, chickpea & lentil soup
    Monday: Tunabake
    Tuesday: Peperoni Pizza
    Wednesday: Potato, beans & sausage
    Thursday: Burgers
    Friday: leftovers
    all home made of course :)

7. Anonymous says:

I think Barley’s Meal plan is great! I like Mon- Leftovers. Left-over can make magic in the kitchen! :)

8. Sandra says:

Sarah, as you know from my Tweets, I’m feeling pretty smug about this whole meal planning thing…thank you!
    My plan for the coming week -
    Sunday – Chicken schnitzel and creamy parsley rice
    Monday – Chicken Penang Curry
    Tuesday – good old fashioned Lasagne
    Wednesday – Beach Cottage Chorizo Stew ;-)
    Thursday – leftovers from all the above
    Friday – Pumpkin soup with crusty bread rolls
    Saturday – out for pizza with friends

(This week I will have to do most of my cooking in advance by Tuesday as I am away from Wed-Fri but by doing this I will be glad to know Hubby and the girls are eating well)

9. Aisling says:

That lemony chicken sounds great – do let us know how it turns out.

That lemon chicken sounds great – let us know how it works out.!
    Sun – slow cooker Italian roast beef with Brussels sprouts and potato slices baked in cream and fresh rosemary, pudding Russian pear cake.
    Mon – pork and beef meatballs with pasta. (leftover from slow cooker last week)
    Tues – pizza
    Weds – Tuscan. Bean soup
    Thurs – fish poached in ,tomatoes and garlic

10. Erin says:

Ooh Sarah, must tell you that I made Surfer Boy Chicken Curry last night. My DH asked what I did to make the flavour so amazing. I’m like, oh a bit of this n that, you know? He’s like, what, you just made that up without a recipe? You’re amazing! Ok this made me a little guilty, so I fessed up, lol. You know I haven’t eaten meat for 30+ years, so I do cook 100% of meat dishes blindly. (Apparantly I seem to nail them)

Anyway, thanks a bunch for making me look good with your easy as recipe. Oh, also redid leftovers with red lentils, extra vege and stock to make a hearty soup…very much appreciated by all.

11. Vicki Archer says:

I have no idea what is on for the week ahead… but you have prompted me to get planning! Dinner I know… linguini with pancetta, garlic, lemon zest and lots of fresh red chilli… tossed in a little olive oil… totally delish… xv

12. Sarah says:

Sarah, do you have a certain “Baking Day” on which you do your baking or do you bake on the day you’ll be eating what you are baking?

13. Lovely idea for meal planning .
    Okay here’s mine…But yours sounds wonderful! Tonight grilled salmon, Monday chicken tacos,Tuesday BBQ pork ribs, Wednesday shrimp salad, Thursday rosemary chicken, Friday Ham, eggs and asparagus, Saturday date night, not sure, probably Chinese xo

14. kate says:

Would love to know how you do Crock Pot / Slow Cooker Enchiladas. I have just found a recipe for mushroom and spinach enchiladas so wonder if it would work with this recipe hmmm

15. ellgee says:

Monday: Ginger Chicken Soup – there’s a bit of flu aroung these parts this week
    Tues: Baked Ricotta Gnocci courtesy of Donna Hay
    Wed: Pork Chops and baked Sweet Potatoes w/sour cream (Oh yum!)
    Thurs: BC Chorizo Stew for the gang and out for dinner for me!
    Friday: Sausage Sizzle at the school Bush Dance!

I have even shopped for all the ingredients so I don’t even have to go to the supermarket again!!! Woo Hoo

lg xx

16. Jen ( SE Qld) says:

What great inspiration there is here for meal plans each week , it is all of a sudden not a chore at all and has become quite enjoyable and fun and you are much more accountable when it’s all official. Thank you Sarah for starting this rolling and sharing your lovely recipes as well..
    Monday: Silverside and veges ( DH loves leftover sandwiches for lunch the next day)
    Tuesday: Surfer Boy chicken curry and rice ( can’t wait to try this out!)
    Wednesday: Corned meat fritters using leftover silverside and any leftover curry, but I am doubting there will be. :)
    Thursday: Donna Hay’s Freeform Ratatouille tarts(thanks lg above for reminding me about Donna Hay’s great recipes )
    Friday: Homemade Take away, looking at Chicken Caesar Burgers or just hamburgers
    Saturday: Friends coming over casually so we will just do a surf and turf on bbq and salad and dessert I am thinking will be Nigella’s gooey choc puds..
    Sunday: Macaroni Cheese
    Baking: Blueberry Muffins
    Enjoy your week!

17. Kirsty says:

Busy week ahead in my house, so lots of slow cooked meals.
    Monday: Honey Soy Chicken
    Tuesday: Tomato and Onion Sausages
    Wednesday: Chicken Tikka Masala
    Thursday: Pork Chops and Mashed Potato
    Friday: Take Out Night
    Saturday: Beef and Red Wine Casserole
    Sunday: Roast Pork and Baked Veges :)

18. Anna says:

Wow some great meals here, what a great resource for meal ideas as I often get bored of the same old dinners. Than you Sarah for your meal plans, it never occurred to me to do this before & it has made my life so much more organized, not too mention that most days go more smoothly.
    This weeks meal plan
    Sunday- lamb roast & autumn vegetables
    Monday- pumpkin soup, garlic bread
    Tuesday- chicken cacciatore & fennel gratin
    Wednesday- vegetable risotto
    Thursday- steak pizzaiola
    Friday- night off
    Saturday- home made pizzas

Sweets:
    Sarah’s lovely streusel muffins
    Poached pears & vanilla custard
    Yoghurt cake

19. Rosie says:

I am not sure if u have posted this answer but what size slow cooker do you have? Thanks Sarah..btw “my” faboulous banana bread is a hit all over Melbourne. I have taken a loaf everywhere lately and look like a domestic goddess…

yes Rosie, it’s pretty darn tasty that one…and so very easy!

errrm I just have the regular size slow cooker (bought it in BIGW) but I also have an old-fashioned style round one (from England) that I received as a wedding present…that one is the more round shape and a brown colour, which I love because it cooks very very slowly and cool (I think these newer ones are all hotter)

hth