Beach Cottage Weekly Meal Plan

Sun 15th, Apr, 2012

8 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 4 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 2 8 Flares ×

20120415-01-beach-cottage-meal-plan

Good morning Beach Cottage people, Happy Weekend and Happy Sunday, let us have an easy family meal plan today, yes?

Well I am here blogging in my dressing gown this morning, I have been up since quite early (for me) because Mr Beach Cottage was off down the beach for boat driving at the crack of dawn and some parrots outside my window decided to play screeching games just for my pleasure.

Barley however is sleeping right through, he is going to bed at the same time as us, so about 10 or 11pm and getting up when we get up…pretty stoked with that I have to say…after the first night where there was quite a bit of crying and the second night I woke him up, duh, after 4 hours thinking he must need a wee….in actual fact what happened was that he was falling about all over the place looking at me as if to say what the heck are you doing?  Why are you waking me up?  I spoke to the vet about it and she was like, errr just leave him if he’s not waking you up…it’s been fine since then…

20120415-02-beach-cottage-easy-family-meal-plan-

So, anyway, Beach Cottage Meal Planning…I have been sitting out here on the deck with a cup of tea in the morning sun doing a few lists and a meal plan….I wasn’t feeling particularly adventurous this week, so a few fall backs, including Slow Cooked Pork (not in slow cooker just cooked on low in the oven) with roast potatoes, gravy etc for today while I am gardening and painting…this is an easy one….I do a rub with olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic & herbs, pound it together in a pestle & mortar, score the skin of the pork a bit more than the butcher has done and then stuff and rub it all over and push the herbs & garlic under the skin and pour some of the oil on the underneath….put in a hot oven for about half an hour…then leave in a low oven for about 3 to four hours and then rock it up for the last half hour…this sits happily in the oven all afternoon while you garden, or read books or do those Sunday things we all love to do (note: no mention of laundry ;-) )…oh and the crackling is divine baby

…and Spaghetti Bolognese in the slow cooker / Crock Pot this week, just because my kiddos love it  and it’s so very easy on my life, and my fave Thai Curry, because the lemon grass bush that I planted is growing into a triffid and I’d like to use it (anyone know how to preserve these, I might google it, not that I need to preserve I suppose, it’s all out there…maybe I will start selling Beach Cottage lemon grass haha).

so this week’s

Easy Meal Plan

Sunday :  { Slow Cooked Roast Pork }  (see above)

Monday  :  { Leftovers  }

Tuesday :  {  Crock Pot / Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese }

Wednesday  :  { Pizza }

Thursday : { Goat’s Cheese Pasta } Recipe Here

Friday :  { Crock Pot  Thai Curry }

Baking : { Beach Cottage French Apple Pie } ( recipe on the blog this week )

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

So that’s it from me Beach Cottage Lovelies, enjoy the rest of the weekend….want an easier week?  steal my Meal Plan haha

oh get those feet…and put them up ;-)

pop your email in the box & you’re in ;-)

20120415-03-beach-cottage-adirondack-

8 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 4 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 2 8 Flares ×

20 Responses to “Beach Cottage Weekly Meal Plan”

1. Hi Sarah – Meals are being written in my book as I type and then I’m off to do grocery shopping. As the cook in the family (as well as full time working mum, cleaner, organiser…….) not having to decide on what to cook every night might just be the beginning of stress free evenings.
    Ta,

no worries, I hope it helps you out…to be honest, for me it’s a no brainer…goes straight from here to shopping list & I don’t think about it again…the only thing is that sometimes I decide to do something different one night b/c I feel like it…that doesn’t happen too often xo

2. Oh, you are good! Since it’s not Sunday here yet, I’ve still another day to wrap my head around another week of meals… We’ve got a gorgeous weekend, but rainy cold mess of a week coming. Too hard to think of rain food when the sun is out! Tomorrow…. But your apple pie sounds so good… maybe tweaked into an apple crisp…

3. Leith says:

Love your work Sarah and LOVE your pup. Delightfully delicious, both.

4. [...] you find your information. Please feel free to read another informative article at this website!Start Vegan Meal Plan to Reduce Your Weight   The development of the world is fast and all peop… src="http://mosteffectivedieta.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Vegan-Meal-Plan-300×237.jpg" [...]

5. Deanne says:

I do up a monthly list planning it around kids sport etc. ie simple meals or slow cooker meals when I will be out and meals that are a little more fiddly on the days I am home, my older kids also cook one night a week which we schedule around who has sports practice on which afternoon. Then I shop for the month at the supermarket- usually with a couple of kids and three trolleys!
    I do go to the green grocers once or twice a week to stock up on fruit and veg my tribe go through an awful lot!
    Sundays is pizza night here, hubby and the kids make these from scratch- they are always yummy!

6. Janelle says:

I’ve said it before and I tend to say it every week…I LOVE MEAL PLANS. School, or more to the point all the after school business, starts up again for us tomorrow so….I LOVE MEAL PLANS!!??!! Thanks for more ideas Sarah. xx

7. Mrs M says:

Great to find another person who loves meal planning! I have a meal planning post on my blog every Monday and you’re more than welcome to link your blog post up to it.

8. Barefoot Liz says:

I am so not domestic. It doesn’t help that my son won’t eat any meal that I make except chicken strips. It’s seriously annoying to meal plan/cook for just one person. (My son isn’t just picky, he is a Reluctant Eater. According to the past 2 Feeding Therapists he’s had.)
    If you can find some food that my son will eat, I would be indebted to you!

9. Susan @ Afford Your Passions says:

I hate roast pork, but I love crackling! I miss that part!

I’m making spaghetti with meat sauce – it’s about to go into the crock pot. That will be dinner tonight and Wednesday night. Tomorrow, I will be doing pot roast in the crock pot. There will probably be some kind of left overs for Thursday night.

I love my crock pot!

10. Krisztina says:

Hi Sarah! Love the meal plans! If I do not have one, I am totally lost during the week. Could you please share the crock pot thai curry and spaghetti bolognese recipe you have? I love cooking in my crock and the family love anything thai.
    Thanks!!!

11. Ellie says:

We had your Chorizo Stew today. My 7yo was head chef for the cooking. She now says her chorizo stew is much better than mine (or yours for that matter!). She was hoping we would had leftovers for tomorrow but we ate every last bit. Yum!

12. Roxanna says:

This has nothing to do with your menu today but I was strolling through your house tour and decided to just ask you a question. Could you share with me the exterior paint color you used on your darling beach cottage. You called it sandy chino grey but I could not find this color anywhere on the internet so I wondered if it was called something else. Thanks!

13. Trish says:

I don’t normally meal plan but I’ve been thinking about doing it more and more. I think you’ve given me the push I need to start!

ps I made your EASY roast chicken on Sunday night and it was delicious! Tonight I’m trying your Chorizo stew.

14. Anna says:

Hi Sarah ,
    Love your blog, I also live in a beach cottage & find your decor ideas so inspirational, so thank you for helping me make my home so much more lovely! I love meal planning, will give the roast pork a go this week. Also wanted to ask you what do you cook on Saturday’s? Is this your day off from cooking? Mines on Fridays
    Anna

15. Hayley says:

Hi Sarah,
    Love the notebook, it makes meal planning look so elegant. I enjoy planning for meals, gives me a chance to pull out my favourite recipe books and try new ones. Plus the family members get to choose their favourite meal for the week. Love your blog, filled with gorgeous photos. Thankyou for sharing.
    Hayley

16. Sarah F says:

Hey Sarah!! i LOVE your notebooks!!! Where did you find them?? so cute.