Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

Thu 22nd, Mar, 2012

7 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 5 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 7 Flares ×

Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

G’day Beach Cottage chocolate lovers, ready for an easy muffin recipe to put a happy smile on your face?  Come on in…

…if you like yourself a little bit of sweetness, do I, or do I, have the thing for you.

Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

I just love the combo of fruit and chocolate and I love to bake a simple fuss-free muffin, so it makes sense that someday I would bake one with the classic fruit/chocolate combination.

So these are that, fruit and chocolate in an easy muffin recipe to make something very very nice.  Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

But, to be truthful it hasn’t been me that’s baked them,it has been the natural baker in the house Miss Beach Cottage…she throws them together, stress free and things come out very very tasty…I like to think of myself as chief taster on baking days in this old cottage nowadays

This is quite the thing for you if you are needing a little bit of chocolate muffin therapy – you know that feel good feeling when you sit down with a muffin and a cup of tea… you want a soothing muffin that is not a breakfast muffin (though it works in that capacity too, at an unhealthy push)…and this is that therapy in a muffin…

Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

I have coffee-shop bought these a few times (whenever I try something while out, I always think of ways of making them at home) and one muffin was upwards of 8 dollars (no I didn’t realise that until it was too late, and yes I did eat the wrapper too to get my money’s worth)…that to me, is a heck of a lot of dosh for a muffin!

So, after a few tasters of shop-bought ones, I always thought the muffins were too dry, so when baking them ourselves we looked for a bit more of a moist muffin…and got that by adding milk …it was definitely moist, and these are definitely more delicious homemade than those humongous super puffed-up versions you see and wonder just what they put in there to make them grow that high…

Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate
Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

I am not much of a white chocolate lover, but here, stick with it, it works in a lovely soothing I-am-not-sure-what-this-is-but-my-oh-my-does this baby-taste gooooood

….and you may feel that reading this it’s too much trouble to get white chocolate in just to make a muffin (my thoughts were along those lines for sure), you would think that until you baked it…then you’d know that moving your eyes left to find the white chocolate in the supermarket aisle was very much worth it.

Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

This can be made with raspberries of course, they work well, but there is something just right about the more tartness (is tartness a word?  you know what I mean, oh and while we are here, apologies for all the typos lately, I am not sure where this has come from, but yes I have for sure seen them, but too lazy to change them…I actually think it’s the forty-is-the-new-thirty brain going wonky) from the blueberries gently soothed with the dreamy white of the chocolate….

As ever, and the best thing about this, I just throw it all in, a one-bowler masterpiece and just, it works…TOO EASY…but the recipe below is the way Miss Beach Cottage does it (including, GASP, double GASP, sifting the flour, wowzas she’s good)

Beach Cottage Blueberry (or Raspberry) & White Chocolate Muffins

2 cups plain flour

3/4 cup blueberries (or raspberries)

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

125g white choc chips

2 tsp baking powder

100g (1 stick) butter melted

1 cup milk

1. sift flour, baking powder into bowl

2. add choc chips & sugar and combine

3. whisk eggs, milk & butter in a separate bowl

4. combine the two and fold gently together

5. add blueberries & combine

6. bake 180 15 minutes

*beach cottage recipe notes   125grams is a small bar of white chocolate if you can’t find chips and for cups that is circa 1 cup

* a teaspoon of vanilla doesn’t go amiss here

*do not leave these in view of any boys in your house, they will last about 2 minutes, tops  *

So the next time I see you there’s be a little bit of extra stuff on your thighs after you made these, yeah?

But you will look very very happy… ;-)

…and soothed

Next time kiddos, next time

Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate

7 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 5 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 7 Flares ×

43 Responses to “Beach Cottage Oh My Muffins Blueberry & White Chocolate”

1. Susan says:

In addition to the recommendation about not leaving them around boys in the house, I would also add “don’t leave them around dogs in the house” – last night, I made key lime cupcakes (recipe coming to my blog soon…), and while they were out cooling, one of my dogs got to them. Let’s just say that it saved me having to frost 24 of the little cakes…

Thanks for sharing your recipe – I might try these with raspberries – I’m not a big fan of blueberries…

2. Deanne says:

Love me some blueberries in anything, always a hit!!!!!

3. Selby says:

Yum! You had me at bluberries and white choc:)
    At the risk of sounding too “grandpa in my pocket” I like a muffin with beautiful stripey blue straws in my milk!

4. Mrs Sutton says:

Nothing tastes as good as homemade muffins. Those look delicious – blueberries & white chocolate? Wowzer – finding it hard not to lick the screen.

5. Melinda says:

I think these TRUMP toad in the hole (which by the way did not ever get made !!!)

- these muffins on the other hand will def get a go. BUT not for a few days as we are all baked out having just entered 5 items in the baked goods section of our local show – fingers crossed for some blue ribbons!

Lovely photos – you and Miss BC are a formidable team

xx

haha I was thinking of you the other day as Toad in the Hole went on my meal plan and I wonder if you made it!

I think these might be a bit sweeter lol x

• Melinda says:

was too scarred from school- do you seriously make it? If you have a good recipe I might be tempted to give it a second chance – you have my address if you feel I should take another look at Toad x

6. Okay….. those look really good and I’d bet they’d go down nicely with a cup of tea. Bookmarking, thank you ❈ And just by the way, so maybe you aren’t a big white chocolate fan, but today when I saw this recipe – it was SO dump and go that I thought of you… maybe if you have to take desert to someone else’s place? Reminds me of your chocolate tart, only not since it’s White Chocolate Key Lime Pie

7. Michelle says:

Will definitely be trying these over the weekend. It’s nice to see Miss BC has an interest in cooking, I used to bake cakes, scones and all sorts when growing up and my mum was happy to let me do it, I think it part because it saved her time but mostly because she knew I enjoyed it. These days Lemon Meringue Pie is definitely my specialty and it’s only something I’ve been making for a short while but it disappears before I know it.

I love blueberries and am going to try this recipe with strawberries as they go beautifully with white chocolate. I’m not a big white choc fan either when it’s on it’s own but in muffins yum!!

Well done Miss BC and keep the cooking going :)

8. Christy says:

I have to admit I’d never thought about combining blueberries & white chocolate before, but by the end of your blog post I was practically drooling! I think I have everything on hand already, so I’ll be making these tomorrow for sure! Thanks for making my thighs fat. :)

9. Spencer says:

Looks absolutely beautiful! Very well presented too.

10. Cath says:

I so want that for breakfast tomorrow!

11. Kerri says:

Sorry, am currently choking on my raisin toast, can’t quite get past the $8 a muffin ……heck!

12. Janelle says:

Am LOVING the photos today Sarah! Very very pretty!!! Muffins look yum (Well Done Miss BC!) will definately be giving them a go. Our family is currently consuming way too many BC dump & go choc cupcakes. They are waaaaay too easy to make! And who can stop at 1?!! Pls keep the tasty and thank-god-theyre-so-normal-and-easy recipes coming!!! xx

What?!!!!! 8 BUCKS!!!!! That is ridiculous… Probably thought they get away with it because of the massive size but I would rather get less (fat and calories and salt)and pay less thank you! Damn….Those muffins look good… Will be saving and then printing the recepie… Hee…hee… I will then ‘be careless’ and leave it on our side table turned kitchen island in plain view of hubby hee…hee… It has white chocolate and blueberries …He should be tempted enough to bake them for me – I mean us lol! Is it me or am I being a little lazy?hee…hee.. Then again I’m averaging 4 hours sleep a night ATM… Don’t even know if this will make any sense…

4 hours sleep, cripes I would be on the broomstick for sure!

one of these might give you some energy lol, good luck with the hubby baking them, I have more chance of flying to the moon than that happening in this house x

14. Susan says:

Mmmm… chocolate muffin therapy sounds (and looks) so good!

15. Mandy says:

This has inspired me to bake this weekend AND he milk bottle is the best thing I’ve seen all week.
    Mandy
    Little Maison

16. Ellie says:

Not fair. Its lunchtime here and I’m starving after this post!! I can almost taste those muffins…….chewing on the desk now as I type…..

17. Melanie says:

I love blueberry and white chocolate muffins! My husband told me about the combo which sounded totally bizarre at first but it’s sure good…I’ve used this recipe http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/30341/Blueberry-White-Chip-Muffins/detail.aspx but yours looks great as well. What in the world is Toad in the Hole??! Sounds delightfully British. Please share!

18. Sharon says:

Oh my, they sound delightful and I will definitely be making these some day soon. My husband will love them as he is a real fan of white chocolate. I’m very impressed with Miss BC’s baking skills.

As a side note, I had to Google “toad in the hole,” read in the comments above (being from the US, this is not something I’ve heard of before and I admit I was a bit worried as to what it might be). Apparently I must get out and explore the world more. I don’t know why I have never heard of this dish, as I do like to try lots of different types of food, I have even traveled to Europe several times, not to the UK, though, and read a lot of British literature, etc. Anyway, I must say it sounds quite yummy.

19. magickwrds says:

Oh my, these do look yummy! I may have to try these this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

20. Sarah says:

Oh my! These sound and look just delicious! Thank you for sharing :)

21. Cynthia says:

Hello there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

Shop bought muffins are such a disappointment and don’t deliver. Homemade ones are WAY nicer.

23. Aisling says:

Yum – these sound great. I was even thinking about making “something” with white chocolate chips when I went shopping today….

24. Jasmine says:

Mmm! And I’ve recently discovered dairy free white chocolate, so I could make myself these! Yum!

x Jasmine

25. Tammi says:

Ooh, I love the combo of blueberries and white choc…a friend adds these to scones and they are so good!
    Will definitely be trying these…I always come back to your too easy recipes and so far apart from my chocolate tart not setting have not been disappointed :)

x