Get Your Ocean Golden Glow on! Beach Cottage Style

Sun 19th, Feb, 2012

6 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 2 Google+ 3 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 6 Flares ×

20120219-01-IMG_9917

So Beach Cottage ladies, if you have been with me for a while, or you know me in real life, you will know that I am awful in the morning.

Yep I don’t love early mornings…

20120219-02-a27

So doing anything early in the morning is mostly off-limits to us, apart from when we have to be up early for a flight to go on holiday, I love it then and am normally the first one hopping out of bed and into the shower, funny how the brain works isn’t it?

20120219-03-IMG_9922

However, in this tatty old beach cottage-with-a-soon-to-be-installed-clawfoot-bathtub there are three people who like mornings, indeed they like mornings so much that a couple of times a week they train for sport in the mornings, so I often find myself up at an hour when I would rather be under the covers.

Like this one.

But this morning I had no choice to be up and about…and it just so happens that there is one good thing about being out for sport at some dreadful hour…

20120219-04-a41

You see on the beaches, that means that you will get to see the sun rise over the ocean…I don’t get to see that too often in my life…I am normally tucked up, tightly in my white bed dreaming of paint and vintage chairs ;-)

So my friends, I am sharing today, the golden, dreamy, glowing light that can only be on an Australian beach, sometime in the morning, somewhere Down Under.

Enjoy lovelies….it’s Sunday afternoon here, I walked this morning and am now painting

See you later

20120219-05-IMG_9929

6 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 2 Google+ 3 Pin It Share 1 Buffer 0 6 Flares ×

42 Responses to “Get Your Ocean Golden Glow on! Beach Cottage Style”

1. Melinda says:

There’s a lot of magic in those early hours – tough to get up but GLORIOUS to see.

Happy Sunday xx

2. Christine says:

Never enough of the sea…the sand, the colors, the constant change, the fragrance that delights my soul…

3. Gorgeous, worth getting up for ( every now and then!!)
    Tracey

4. Kit says:

So lovely! I am not a morning person either, but next week I hope to be and get to Disneyland extra early. Kit

Ooooh, thanks for the unexpected beautiful photos. I thought you’d be having Sunday off.

Mr alison and I had coffee at a cafe at Otford right on the coast between Sydney and Wollongong. Their pet blue tongue lizard was working the customer crowd today. LO LOL

Yes I normally don’t stop by here on Sundays…but these shots, a very quiet house with everyone at the Aussie surfing comp and a night off from doing dinner finds me with time on my hands and looking through photos!

oh I love those blue tongues…we have one in the back garden…he hovers between the bins (!) and the orange tree and scoots about when I am gardening!
      x

6. Mummaducka says:

I am so not a morning person either, I am with you on wanting to stay under those covers, especially in winter!

7. Deb says:

You are a good Mum Sarah, at least you are making good use of the early hours at the beach by taking lovely photos for us. Enjoy that bath when you get it.

8. annie says:

Funny! I just wrote a post about the late afternoon light yesterday. I am usually up by then though!

9. I could almost feel the warmth of that golden morning sun on my face. Almost.
    Raining miserably here.

Thanks for the brief holiday.

10. Deanne says:

Whenever we stay at the beach we always make sure we do one sunrise at the beach always beautiful!

11. debbie says:

Oh my goodness, my boys do nipper training three times a week at 5am and my husband usually does this run but I did it Friday morning and was rewarded with a similar view over the beach at Surfers Paradise. I feel though that the occasional glimpse makes it feel special whereas if one had to do it three times a week the magic would be lost – thats my story and I am sticking to it!

12. Its all about the getting up part. I find once my feet have hit the floor, I’m good. Then I can enjoy the beauty of the morn.
    happiness…
    dannelle@nestenterprises

13. Sonia@LifeLoveandHiccups says:

This cracks me up as I can soooo relate. Very early on in our marriage, my hubby and I decided that we ALL have a much happier life if I am left alone in the mornings. These days Sundays are my only day to sleep in as the kids have us running around most mornings. My husband says nearly every day after his morning surf, OH you should have seen the sunrise, or there were dolphins out this morning etc etc and I do wish at times I enjoyed waking up early so I could see all that too. I’m a night owl though, so most mornings I struggle to get up out of my comfy bed. :)

14. Simple Daisy says:

What lovely photographs!!
    Glad you got up early to catch such beauty:)

15. Lynne says:

Beautiful . . . Dreamy . . . Enticing . . . come out from under the comfy and enjoy!

16. Kim says:

Good Day Miss Sarah~I hear you I am not an am kinda gal! Though this site could get me a lil more motivated than usual.I am so looking forward to our summers at our Beach Cottage this summer myself.I too will try to wake myself at some ungodly hour to take photos~Cheers Kim

17. izzie says:

Am so with you here – i hate getting out of bed – especially in the cold !! Went for 9 mile walk on the West Sussex coast this morning – well – almost afternoon! Beautiful,cold,crisp day. Love your inspirational shots Izzie :)
    P.S I lost the vintage caravan on e-bay – by – £20 – gutted !!

what! twenty pounds, oh no! I am gutted for you izzie

I like the sound of your walk…I miss the English countryside and coast! x

18. Sharon Forward says:

The only time I get a veiw like that in the morning is the first day we have landed in Aus on holiday to see my family. Our jetlagged bodies wake up at 5am and off we go to see a glorious Aussie sunrise over the sea ahhh memories from last year. Beautiful photos Sarah by the way listened to the Podcast Interview – brilliant stuff ! enjoyed listening to your story.x

19. I’m more of a night-owl than an early bird, too, Sarah. Once I get in bed, it’s all over. I want to stay there til my stomach says it’s time for lunch! lol! But that never happens around here with furbabies that need to be let out and fed. Plus I think I’m much more productive during the day if I get get up earlier than what I really want.

Loved seeing those golden hour ocean photos today. They were so beautiful!! :)

xoxo laurie

20. I am so….not a moring person either Sarah! I find too when I am going on vacation it is…so much easier to get up. I find too at the beach this ole’ girl can fly outa the bed. Nothing like the mornig on the beach. Thanks so…much for posting these bautiful pics as it is snowing in Fincastle, VA. Our first snow and it is Feb. 19. How totally unexpected. Just hope it doesn’t snow on my birthday the 28th because I am not a snow girl! Hope you are enjoying your alone time. Isn’t it sweet?

21. Can you tell I didn’t proofread my post MORNING and BEAUTIFUL…. he! he!

22. Tamara says:

Utterly, utterly beautiful photos Sarah – helps me keep alive my dream of living by the sea someday soon. THANK YOU :-)

23. When I have to get up, I hate to get up… dread… dread… dread. But when I don’t have to get up, I love to get up early and there’s nothing better than a beach sunrise. Thanks for the beautiful photos.

Smiles,
    Lesli

24. Meghan Grace says:

Gorgeous photos! I WILL retire some day close to if not on the beach-probably in Florida or North Carolina! I just love your beautiful photos and love how you share your beautiful Australian life with us all! Thank you! Meghan

25. I’m not a morning person either although having raised 5 kids, until recently when they’re all driving themselves, I had to be up at crack of dawn. Lucky for me I’m on the Pacific and the sun rises over the city (a beautiful sight as well), and sets over the ocean. So all I have to do is be able to stay up and coherent until around 5:30 pm and I’m in for a gorgeous sunset.

26. FLeur says:

Making it my goal at the moment to get out 3 times a week down to the sea to move about and generally enjoy what mother nature has to offer! Join in if you want, its called ‘run along NOW!’
    XX

27. Lynn says:

Hi Sarah,

I]m not a morning peson either. Sus georgeous pictures. Last week was spent spring cleaning and painting. So happy with the results as I ho9pe you will be also. Happy weekend.