Beach Cottage ♥ Saturday Club plus a Podcast Interview

Sat 18th, Feb, 2012

4 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 2 Google+ 2 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 4 Flares ×

20120218-01-IMG_9668

Morning Beach Cottage Ladies and welcome to Saturday Club, the time in the week where you de-compress, the time in the week where you spend some fun time for you!

This week we are doing three simple things,  ♥ coffee, ♥ chocolate and ♥ goals.

Now, I know we have a few first timers here this week for Saturday Club, welcome, you don’t have to do anything special to be in this club apart from commit to taking some time out, before you blink and life is over.

I was recently interviewed by Caz Makepeace of YTravel Blog & Mojito Mother for a podcast…all about moving Down Under, this old cottage, blogging…it was a very interesting conversation for me and got me thinking about a lot of things, in particular going after your dream and goals…it seems that going after our dreams, has led me to a much improved life…some people say ‘living the dream’ …I don’t know about that, I think whatever you are doing in life, there are challenges, but gotta say us going after our goals and chasing the dream to live by the sea has led us to a very different lifestyle and one we are very happy with…

♥♥♥

how are

you going

to do that?

plan

and enjoy

♥♥♥

and here’s the link to my interview over at Mojito Mother, head on over if you’d like to hear my take on picking up sticks and moving to a beach on the others side of the world, how I balance being a mum with all the other stuff, the background on our cottage and how we ended up here and how blogging has changed my life… I hope you enjoy it, must say I did!

20120218-02-kkk

cheers Beach Cottage Ladies, have a wonderful Saturday Club this week

x

♥♥♥

just add your email here!

20120218-01-IMG_9668

4 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 2 Google+ 2 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 4 Flares ×

28 Responses to “Beach Cottage ♥ Saturday Club plus a Podcast Interview”

1. Jules says:

fabulous! …. living by the sea is a dream and to me a privilege … You are brave though crossing the world to achieve it – do you think you would ever return? Jules x

2. I will be stuck in a car for many hours Saturday, so I will:

Get a mocha (chocolate+coffee = multitasking!)

Plug into my ipod (a bit of jazz perhaps?) so as not to hear the children bickering in the back seat.

Bring along my favorite journal and contemplate the year, my goals, and make a plan.

Thanks girlfriend.

3. Rebecca says:

Hi Sarah, I’ve just listened to your podcast and found it so refreshing. I live in south east London and can relate to the way you wanted to escape the “rat race”. It’s something I dream about so often. I don’t think my husband and I would ever move as far as you did, but we do dream of a life away from London. I loved hearing about your walking.. I totally agree that it clears the mind and I need to walk more often! Keep on blogging – you’re fab! Have a great weekend x

thanks Rebecca, oh how I miss South East London though sometimes…especially the people and their sense of humour, that’s missing here…can’t have everything though…

I hope you get your dream…the only person who can do it is you! x

4. Happy Saturday morning :) Still friday night here – watching a DVD with husband and kids by a roaring fire. Do you have a fireplace in the beach cottage? If so I am sure it is full of white candles, or bleached drift wood, or shells……. :)

no we don’t, the winter is only about 10 weeks, but I am really hoping to install a wood burner this year!
      x

5. Have a fab Saturday! We’re still Friday here but it’s a long weekend! Off to get chocolate :0)

6. I’m so dong this today. The year just got started so quickly that I’ve not had time – MADE time – to write my goals down. They’re spinning around in my head and I need to get them down! And listen to your podcast x

enjoy a piece of chocolate with your goals for me Nikki…yep you have had one busy start to a great year! x

7. izzie says:

off to lewes – east sussex uk to eat chocolate and think- mainly about the vintage caravan i have just bid on e-bay for!!! Fingers crossed it will be mine :)

oooh izzie, love Lewes! and would love me a vintage caravan…there’s just one small problem….convincing Mr BC ! x

8. Sounds like a plan I shall have to follow. Some of my goals are starting to happen so it is exciting to think that the act of goal setting and planning can actually make such a difference.Fiona

9. marcie says:

Hi Sarah, I’m a first timer here and I’ve decidedy your blog is my calming blog – I really need some time out right now. I had already arranged to have a coffee this afternoon with friends so I’ll get there a bit earlier for some me time … as long as the people serving the coffee don’t annoy me I should be fine … I’ll just have to breathe deeply… and relax

10. Deanne says:

It’s 2:15pm now and this morning I had 8 little girls for a garden tea party to celebrate my baby’s 5th birthday.
    I am heading for a lie down with a tall glass of ice cold water- I will contemplate my goals for the year while I snooze!

11. Carin says:

Permission slip to eat chocolate on a Saturday morning! Yes please! Loved the podcast too. So nice hearing you chat about your life and the blog, Sarah.

12. Well, you asked what we did for ourselves this week. I had to buy another car. The one i had as my Daddy said….was like the old rooster just laid down and died. I got a smaller car and a straight drive. Hopefully she will be better on gas since here in the states it is almost to $4. My other car I named lil’ red, but I need a name for my new car. You see Sarah I like to have names for my special things too! he! he! This car is red too it’s a Ford Focus 4 door sedan 5 speed. Maybe you can help me come up with a name. Oh and i will be eating chocolate today and drinking probably a Starbucks tea as I will be out and about in my new ride. Boy my post is getting long. Sarah, I do have a favor to ask my niece Ashley started having seizures when she was 5 years old. She is now 27, This past week after a routine dr. visit they found a spot on her liver. We are waiting now for further tests to be taken.Please pray for healing Sarah and anyone else who reads my post here. Sorry if I got off track . I really need that down time today. Thanks as always Sarah! Have a great weekend!

13. Kat says:

Sarah, there is no link on my newsletter for me to listen to the podcast. Any suggestions as to how I can watch it please?
    Badly needing some time out for *me.*
    Had one on one time with my 9 year old daughter at the shops yesterday, which was lovely, but with four children under the age of 9 and all the tiredness from them starting back to school and arguing, one sick child, I am ready to run away and take a deep breath or two!!

14. Surely Sarah says:

Well after a big day decluttering the damn kitchen I definately needed some me-time yesterday! So after my other half left to go stay with his friends for the night, I bought a girl movie from Box Office (What’s Your Number?) and curled up on the couch with some macaroni cheese!
    Goal for the year – this is a big one – figure out what I want to do with my career. Still ruminating.

15. [...] afternoon I snuck out by myself. For coffee. And brownie. In peace. Because Sarah from A Beach Cottage said so.  I love that girl’s [...]

16. Kat says:

Finally found the link for the podcast (Doh!) and loved it!
    Thanks for sharing Sarah and I got the answer to my question about how often you walk.
    I can relate to doing it for your brain/headspace, as much as for the exercise!! :)

17. Glennie says:

Loved the podcast. My Saturday list is lacking in “me” things – that will be remedied next Saturday. For the first time ever, and I mean ever!, I have made goals this year. They will mostly take us two years to achieve but achieve them we will …. happy day Sarah x

18. Hi Sarah, I absolutely respect your journey and I’m about embark on a journey of my own. We’ve sold everything we own, purchased an older motorhome, which we’re now renovating, and our plan is to travel full time and visit every coastal town in the U.S., which will easily take three to five years! We don’t just plan to pop in, have a mocha and pop out. We’ll probably stay a month or so in each area before moving on. We really want to soak up the flavor of where we are.

I’ve just written my first blog post about this journey and why we decided to do it. I love that you’re living out your dream too!

Smiles,
    Lesli @ BeautifullyCoastal.com

19. Claire says:

Loved the podcast Sarah! I downloaded it and listened on my way home tonight on the tube and train in (for a change) sunny London. Interesting to hear you talk in a different, non-visual medium – well done : )