Happy New Year from A Beach Cottage

Sun 1st, Jan, 2012

23 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 23 Buffer 0 23 Flares ×

2012-01-beach-cottage-happy-new-year

G’day 2012 & G’day Beach Cottage lovelies!

Here’s to 2012!

What do you want for 2012?

I want to be kinder to myself, to believe in myself, to celebrate being me, whatever that means.

To continue being grateful for the little things, to further my journey with photography, to appreciate those lovely people in my life and mostly to continue to enjoy life in the Lucky Country and all that comes with that…

I also want more vintage treasure hunting, more vegetable growing, more sitting on the beach reading a book, more white paint, more cooking & more real girl fashion…hope you do too!

See ya next year then, I hope you are ready for the ride?  It’s gonna be a good one ;-)

& one of my fave pics of the year…

2012-02-beach-cottage-australia-ocean-shopify

23 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 23 Buffer 0 23 Flares ×

62 Responses to “Happy New Year from A Beach Cottage”

1. Candy says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, Sarah! I hope and strive to make a difference in someone’s life and always appreciate what God has given me. Thank you for all your posts that have inspired me to make my home a happy, bright and welcoming space:)

2. cassie says:

happy new year, sarah! your goals sound a lot like mine- embracing me and happiness! :) wishing you all the best in 2012!

3. Happy New Year Sarah

4. Happy New Year to you, Sarah! I love your beautiful blog and am always inspired by it! I want to be kind to others. I always want to appreciate and remember what God has given me and that He is in control. May your new year be full of many blessings!

5. Lynne says:

Happy New Year . . . I have enjoyed your Aussie vistas, gimpses of “scarves and style” and Forty Garlic Chicken is on the menu for 2012 . . .
    Love, Lynne

6. michele in texas says:

Happy New Year! Don’t remember exactly how I happened onto ABC in 2011 through my FB surfing, but I’m hooked on your beach blog bringing the ocean to landlubbers in refreshing daily doses. Always look forward to the many great ideas flowing onto the pages of your blogs from your far-away beach cottage. Here’s a toast to enlightenment, inspiration, and awesome beach life as we journey into 2012!

7. IAMSNWFLAKE says:

Happy New Year!!! Hoping you started of in the best way possible (down here we’re still a few hours away from 2012).

8. Misty Moyle says:

Happy New Year, Sarah! I always look forward to reading your blog and checking out photos of your style and tastes. I also really appreciate the fact that you are so “real” and relatable … you are an inspiration! God bless you and yours in 2012. Wishing you continued happiness and contentment. :) ~ xx

9. Patricia Meyer says:

I love your blog and your inspiring wishes! Are you willing to share what cameras you use for your photography? I would love a new camera and just can’t decide. I have an older Canon Rebel but would love a new SLR. Thanks!

10. Sue says:

Will 2012 finally be the year we build a house on our farm? I’m hunting online for inspiration and advice.

I hope 2012 brings many magical moments to you all!

11. Desley says:

Happy New Year Sarah!!! It is nearly 3am in Brisbane. I don’t have a place at the beach yet but it’s a goal I’m working towards. In the mean time my husband and I escape to Coolum on the Sunshine Coast {even for just a few hours} as often as possible. I loved reading your hopes for the New Year and am also looking forward to having more belief in myself this year.
    Wishing you and your family much joy and peace in 2012.
    Love Desley.

12. sharon says:

happy new year x

13. Amy Leigh says:

Hi Sarah! Happy New year from Manila Philippines! :-)

I stumbled on your blog just now while checking beach photos and I must say that I’m loving every bit of it.

I’m a beach & photography addict and it’s always been my dream to live near a beach area and take beautiful photos.

Wishing you more love and happiness this year. hugs and kisses. :-)

14. Happy New Year to one of my all time favorite people! Here’s to you Miss Sarah for much happiness in the new year. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for all of us who religiously follow you. Thank you for bringing so…much joy into my life. My wish for myself is to be more patient with the people who truly love me and appreciate them for being a part of my life.

15. Barefoot Liz says:

Sarah- Wishing you a fabulous 2012! Hope it’s a great one for you and your family.

16. Mary says:

Happy New Year Sarah. Cooking your forty garlic chicken for New Year dinner (if dh figures out what he has done to make the printer stop working :))

I love the inspiration in your blog and have bought a number of items waiting for white paint this year (an old pine dresser for my daughter’s room for $40 from trade me and a double piano stool are a couple). We also live by the sea in Wellington, NZ and I love your pictures. My beach cottage is an old victorian villa that has been mucked around with but has 4 beds downstairs and a great living/dining area upstairs – it is painted Farrow and Ball’s Palma Grey on the outside and white inside. I have a few more pops of colour in mine than yours but love the feel of your house – I can sooo relate to your lemoncello on the deck watching the sea go down over the water.

Have a great year!

17. Sarah says:

From one Sarah to another – Happy New Year! best wishes for a very happy and prosperous 2012! Love your blog and will be following you to see what’s new – as for your list! totally agree – ;-0

18. Hap Hap Happy New Year Sarah….

Love your resolutions- from embracing being you to treasure hunting- I’m in for the journey for another year…

It’s New Years Day morning here- and we are heading down for an 8am swim- hoping it’s like that fave photo of yours above!

melissa x

19. marylou says:

Happy New Year Sarah, may 2012 be a kind and gentle year for us all;-) It has been a joy and a delight to follow your blog this year and I look forward to more of your creative juices in 2012**Blessings to you and yours….Marylou ((*_*))

20. Fleur says:

Happy New Year!
    Wishing you all the best for this year. I am concentrating on not worrying about the things I cant change and making the small things in my life the priority. Started as i mean to go on; with star shape pancakes with sprinkles for a certain 2 year old this morning.

Hoping we can meet again in person this year!
    Fleur xx

21. Diana says:

Happy NewYear to you! It is still New Years eve here but getting ready to go spend it with some good friends. I am ready to be kinder and gentler to myself and others and truly enjoy life. Love that I found your blog. I need all the inspiration I can get. I am going to use that and have the courage to finally do some whitening around here! All the best from the Midwest!

22. Nikki says:

Happy New Year from my QLD beach cottage x

23. Sally says:

Happy 2012 my sweet Auissie fried!
    You have brought so much to my life with your blog……a gift that keeps giving …..and I thank you for that!!
    The list I created for 2012 sounds so much like yours.
    That must be why you are so special to me!!

Enjoy the new year with all you have to give it!!!!
    I know that you will do amazing things!!!

Love and many hugs to you dearest Sarah…….Sally

24. Sally says:

Please forgive my typos sweet friend!!!! I am so sorry!!!

25. Sending you happy and peaceful new year wishes to you and yours, Sarah! :)

xoxo laurie

26. Deanne says:

Happy New Year to you too, hope you had a good one!
    We have just cleaned up and I am going to spend the day very quietly after having 72 people (lots of kids) here last night for New Years Eve!

Deanne. Are you mad! 72 people! Phew

Happy new year xx

• Deanne says:

We do have lots lots of space and a big entertaining area, the kids swam in the pool, played and had a disco, while the adults got the chance to sit and talk it worked out great!

27. Deb says:

half an hour to go til big Ben chimes here in ol blighty! Happy 2012 to you! Glad I found you this year..thanks for inspiring me and here’s to more white paint! X

28. Judy says:

Hi Sarah, Happy new year to you and yours. Love your hopes for the new year, haven’t thought of mine as yet, too hot here today! Take it easy, and all the best, Judy xx

29. Dee W, Vancouver, Canada says:

Happy New Year to you! Thanks for bringing us a lovely ray of sunshine in the True White North!

30. Susan says:

Happy New Year to you my dear…… XX

Susan :)

31. Tracie says:

Happy New Year! Can’t wait for more BC inspiration in 2012. Tracie x

32. Deb says:

Happy New Year and between you and me, that photo is one of my favourites too. As well as the chair.

33. Erin says:

I just wanted to say how much I adore your blog!
    I visit often, as it’s so peaceful, so tranquil, and when it’s cold outside where I live…I simply look at your blog for a breath of fresh air.
    Happy New Year to you and thank you for the inspiration :)

34. Kat says:

Happy new year to fab you and your fab blog!! :)
    Love your goals/resolutions for this year and I share some of those. (being kinder to myself definitely!)
    I want to focus on cherishing my last year with my baby at home, before she heads to part-time school next year. (my other three will all be at fulltime school this year. *gulp.* I am so not good with change!)
    I want to let go of some of my fears and insecurities and believe in myself more. Maybe embrace change as I move out of the baby years and adjust to all that comes with that. (try not to cry as my baby moves into a bed and out of a cot.)
    Keep working on getting fit and losing that last bit of baby weight. (hello the baby is now three!!!)
    Do some things for me – read, exercise, write, (maybe?) decorate, spend time with friends and find out what it is I want to do once all my children are at fulltime school.(still have two years to figure that one out.)
    Looking forward to more real girl fashion posts, food posts, decorating posts and Sat club with you dear Sarah.
    Thanks for the inspiration and for being an uplifting person!! :)

Happy new year kat. Some great goals there!

Thanks so much for being a part of abeachcottage this past yr

X

Happy New Year Sarah!!! I want to be more of a yes I can do it type of person (even if I am scared witless)… and all of the above mentioned in your post (so much so that I am seriously contemplating painting my whole interior of the house white to replacing my current favourite blue!)!!!! Happy 2012!

36. Tammi says:

Happy New Year Sarah, they sound like lovely aspirations to work towards and are very similar to what I am hoping to achieve too :)

x

37. Wendy says:

Just want to say I discovered blogs in jan11. I followed around 30. At the end of 2011 I have only managed to keep up with around 3. Yours is the one I have stuck with. I love the pics , your stories, the decor. Your blog is down to earth and always inspiring and positive. So that you for the time and effort you take. All the best for 2012.

38. Krissie says:

Happy New Year Sarah!
    Your beach picture is super stunning…you should make a Beach Cottage calender using your best shots it would be gorgeous!
    So excited next New Year i will be wishing you a Happy New Year from our beach cottage x

39. Wendy says:

So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I’m now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back so nice to meet new friends. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

Always Wendy

40. Anonymous says:

Happy New Year!! Wishing you and your family much happiness in 2012 and wishing you success in being true to who you are. That’s a great resolution for all of us, I think.

My resolution is to live more in the moment instead of worrying about the future or thinking about the past. Oh, and definitely more vintage shopping for me, too!

41. Kari says:

Happy New Year! OH MY!!!!!!!! Is that a shiny new Apple monitor on your desk?!?!?! :)