Good Life Wednesdays, Nautial Stripe & Beach Cottage does Coastal Yellow

Wed 25th, Jan, 2012

26 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 26 Buffer 0 26 Flares ×

20120125-01-IMG_4799

Ahh, G’day Beach Cottage Ladies, today we come some yellow going on in this old cottage…yes sirree Mr President, some mellow yellow.

I have never been much of a yellow fan in decorating, indeed in any areas of my life, but right now, I am guessing it’s trendy in home decor because I am seeing it here and there quite a lot.

So before I bought a yellowy vintagey tablecloth (which I will show you soon) I started off with just lil pops of yellow here and there…

20120125-02-IMG_4802 20120125-03-IMG_4790

I just tuckedt this into my post-Christmas and looking very bare dresser, I love it with all the white…it looks really pretty…

20120125-04-IMG_4781 20120125-05-IMG_4775

yep, these are the last of my $8 dahlias, I am still rocking those very much…I always rotate and prolong flowers…dragging them out for as long as possible...these started off on the Sitting Room table, were refreshed to the old vintage teapot

and then on their last legs, snipped off and dotted on the dresser in the Dining Room for a little touch of yellow nautical stripe beach decor

there’s nothing like a bunch of flowers to brighten up your January blues!

So that’s it from me enjoy the linky party…oh and just a note on that, please play nice and don’t spam the first few places of the Linky with all your links, cheers

Have a good day Beach Cottage ladies…I’ve got a Real Girl Fashion and another Vlog for you coming up, all about the quickest & easiest way to get the Beach Cottage Vintage Coastal Style look…yes we have been having school holiday fun with the video-taking teenager, awesome (well he’s awesome, not sure about how I look on it hahha)

p.s.   anyone else use yellow in their decor…I am on the lookout now for a pale lemon stripe to add to my bedroom…in the form of a pillow, linen or something…

oh and the stripe I got on holiday in Coffs Harbour, can’t remember the name of the shop but they are by JAB design

20120125-06-IMG_4780

26 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 26 Buffer 0 26 Flares ×

47 Responses to “Good Life Wednesdays, Nautial Stripe & Beach Cottage does Coastal Yellow”

1. Hiii…I think you added the wrong linky tool??

2. And the yellow fever is happeing to me too…I was just a turquoise and blue girl…now Im adding more yellow to my spce I even orderd a yellow rug!!!! cant wait for it to arrive :)

3. I’m not a huge fan of yellow, but I love the way it looks! I think a little detail like that would help me start with the yellow addiction… =)

4. Tammi says:

Now this is a colour I love and am so happy to see worm it’s way into the BC ;)
    With yellow though it does have to be the right shade otherwise it just looks ghastly! We have quite a few yellow touches about our home in one form or another. Why not make a cushion for your room?

p.s….managed to score me some sunnies and am in love with them…thanks :)

x

hehe… I have never been a fan of yellow in general… But I do have a few (around 3)yellow pieces of clothing that I love and have a bit of yellow going on the rug (ikea)in my little boys room… Other than that the only other yellow you will find is in my white bookshelf (ikea again!) on the jackets/spines of my books… I think if you use it sparingly it works quite nicely… I love the stripy yellow nestled in all that lovely crisp white…

6. Nicky says:

Love the yellow and am totally with you on only just getting into it. I’ve made lots of yellow recently for BedNest customers and just tried a gorgeous yellow spot and lampshade in my office and it’s so gorg!
    Try No Chintz for some great yellow stripes…..

7. Sarah i saw yellow chevron patterned cushions at Target! They are gorgeous. If my husband would let me buy more cushions i would grab some!

8. Mmmm…I have yellow and dark blue in my guest/baby’s room. It’s my fave room in the house!! Sooo pretty!

9. Love some yellow, but I’m like you sparingly. I like to splash a bit here and there! Brings the sunshine in on a dreary day.

10. Rukmini Roy says:

Oh yes! I’m adding a bit o’ yellow too. It looks so fresh and inviting. I am using a yellow lemonade dispenser at the moment with a plane white orb on one of the tables and one yellow cushion for the sofa with greys. And in my bedroom, Im using a pale yellow hanging flower pot. It’s flowering in India now so I planted some fuchsia flowers in them. I love to wake up to it. :)

The striped yellow vase is wonderful sarah. Love it.

“don’t spam the first few places of the Linky with all your links”

Oh, if only I knew exactly what that meant. So there’s no chance I’ll be doing it Sarah. I know I do have to move on with my technology skills but at the moment I have enough social media in my life.

I’m already looking forward to the yellow of this year’s daffodils and have put the bulb planting time in my diary.

Cheers

Alison, I don’t think you would do that!

it’s where someone quickly adds 5 or more links to the first line of the linky party so that they get the premium spot and more traffic…

x

12. Lindia says:

Hi Sarah,

You have a beautiful blog and I always enjoy reading it (for a few years know). I am from Holland and I started a (Dutch) blog recently. I would like to link one of my blogs to your linky party. Is this okay? I know that most of you probably don’t read Dutch but I think the pictures are pretty self explanatory. I hope this is okay.

Bye!

13. Hi lovely,

I really like yellow. We don’t have any in our house…but lots in the garden!! I can’t wait for the daffodils to come up. Yay!!

Sarahc

14. Candy says:

Oooh, I’ve been waiting for this! In my first old cottage, I used yellow for years and loved it. In sunny FL it fits right in. Now, in this old cottage ‘o mine, it’s just in the bathrooms in the way of old tile which I have failed to embrace, so far. I am inspired now to incorporate it a bit here and there as well. Love the stripys…my fav!!

15. Cathy says:

I love your blog – beachy, cottage is my first love. I also absolutely love yellow, blue and white together. I use it all the time. I think a touch of yellow in every room adds such cheerfulness – it just makes me smile when I see it. Thank you for your posts they are absolutely inspiring…..

16. I have such a thing for the combination of grey and yellow right now. Soothing and fresh. :-) Can’t wait to see the real girl fashion!

17. marcia says:

I’m loving the pops of color with the bright yellow Sarah! It’s so summery, which I am more than ready for! Beautiful pics as always, Marcia in Cali

18. Sharon Forward says:

I agree with the others cant wait for the daffodils! Your dresser looks fab!x

19. Sarah says:

It must be the season of color braveness….I’m adding color too and it feels so good. Yellow looks beautiful in your cottage! I used to have a bright yellow kitchen and it would make me feel so good everytime I was in there.

Have a happy day!

20. Camilla says:

I love yellow about as much as you love white. My bedrooms walls are painted a cantaloupe yellow that goes from an almost neutral beige in the dark, to a real, warm gold in sunlight. It really is an amazing colour, for making a room look warm and inviting and perfect for a room in which you do yoga or any other energising activity. :)

21. Allison says:

I’ve been thinking of how to add yellow into my decor (and my wardrobe)lately. Your post is so timely!

Have a good week!
    Allison

22. Stacy says:

I used to use a lot of yellow, but haven’t in a while, abandoning it for grays, black,s blues, white….but these examples are beautiful!
    Stacy

23. My walls are painted “Cottonfield” which is the lightest yellow possible and acts as a neutral. I haven’t used bright yellows but I like your examples. :) Thanks for hosting the Linky :)

24. Diana says:

Sooo funny! I JUST bought the new spring “flavor” Yankee Candle, it is a lemon fragrance.. very light.. .and a pale yellow.. It made me think of spring and I love just a touch of yellow too.. very pale and very sparse! Love your blog! Especially in dreary days here!

25. [...] This post was shared at Nautical Cottage Blog, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, A Beach Cottage [...]

26. Grace says:

I love the pop of yellow in that little cup filled with flowers. I have always liked yellow in all it’s forms (with the exception of a greeny-yellow pukey mustard colour). I’m even considering painting my dining room chairs yellow, but I don’t think I have the nerve.

27. Barefoot Liz says:

I’m not really into yellow but I wouldn’t mind a small amount here and there in the living room. I had a kitchen with yellow walls when I lived in England and I hated it (my then husband liked it.) Too much yellow makes me anxious!

28. Yellow done well…
    I really do LoVe it with the pale grey.
    Tania Maree xx

29. Eliza says:

Love the tiny bit of yellow and the stripe pattern is perfection! Less is more.