Strawberries & Paisley Beach Cottage Style

Fri 2nd, Sep, 2011

32 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 32 Buffer 0 32 Flares ×

20110902-01-beach-cottage-tablecloth

G’day!

Australia calling.

Excuse me a minute while I get some colour in my life.

20110902-02-beach-cottage-strawberry-

This may be  a short blip in normal white love broadcasting.  It may not.

20110902-03-beach-cottage-paisley-tablecloth-shop

I started doing this tablescape for my shop because these Coastal Paisley’s are my fave…I love me some Paisley…

anyway when I started doing it I was thinking cool, calm mainly white, tipped with little putty things and throwing around a few, you know, nods to the coastal look…like shells and starfish and perhaps a lantern…the sort of typical Beach Cottage look that is more often than not on here…

20110902-04-16125701335_88bCQ

I couldn’t get into my groove though…I think white, putty and me will never really be far from each other, but on this wonderful bright and cheery day in my back garden on the old deck I was thinking get me some colour baby, colour.

And so I brought in first of all vintage bottles…always an easy way to add a simple hint of colour but that didn’t tick the box either…and so I added the little lanterns stuffed with colourful flowers…nup…

20110902-05-beach-cottage-deck-decorating

next came the pitcher of flowers…it was getting there…

20110902-06-beach-cottage-vintage-bottle_picnik

Then I went out to make some tea and get a bottle of iced water…it was getting warm out there (especially as I don’t remove my Winter vest until it reaches oh about at least 28C)…

So out there on the counter were three punnets of strawberries..the first in of the strawberries that grow near to here…they were on offer at the market and I had bought them for Miss BC cos she absolutely loves fruit, especially strawberries and I thought I’d use the leftovers for my Strawberry Crumble.

20110902-07-beach-cottage-flowers-table-deck

As I got the cold water I thought how lovely it might be to use those little berry-red beauties out there…and I made some strawberry cordial instead…

20110902-08-beach-cottage-mason-jar-strawberries-vintage-bottle

I mentioned this before on this blog…you can buy it in specialty stores and I have seen it in bottle shops sometimes…it’s nice with vodka :-) but here it was the middle of the day so I was very very good, I hope you are impressed?

20110902-09-beach-cottage-coastal-paisley

I have always loved block prints and Paisley, but often it is so very overdone or in very bright colours so often it doesn’t work for me…so when I found this it really floated my boat…pattern, print but not OTT…something to easily slot in with the look I’ve already got going on or indeed great for a change…Nautical Stripe to Coastal Paisley…haha

20110902-10-beach-cottage-deck

I hope you like the bright and cheeriness?

As I said yesterday, I seem to be on flower overload in this tatty old cottage…yesterday I brought in some blossom…oh my goodness, I have never foofed with this stuff before….LOVING it…I am going to get some photos of that today too!

20110902-11-beach-cottage-flowers-jar

We have had emails from you lovely shoppers asking about these tablecloths since the preview on the shop….and most of them are already sold actually…it seems a lot of you like easy Paisley with a coastal twist as much as me ;-) …so if you want one of the few that are left they’ll be for pre-ordering next week when the shop opens proper…

20110902-12-beach-cottage-strawberry-jar-mason

Anyhoo, I’ll be seeing you lovelies again soon for Saturday Club…you ready?  I am so ready this week…and can’t wait ;-)

See ya

p.s. I totally haven’t picked the clay tag winners yet…sorry!! will get that up asap….what a rubbish blogger I am :-)

shared at BTNOTP tablescapes, thanks Susan!

20110902-13-beach-cottage-block-print-shop

my new e-course How to Blog for girls

$29

click here for more info!

20110812-07-sweet-blogging-ecourse-how-to-blog

32 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 32 Buffer 0 32 Flares ×

32 Responses to “Strawberries & Paisley Beach Cottage Style”

1. loulou says:

Hi Sarah

ok – now I know you stalk Ikea – but I think you secretly design for Ikea too – you go in store and do their displays.
    talented lady you are.

I can see your garden in the background (sorry I know I am supposed to be looking at your table – which I am) but the garden is ‘bloomin’ lovely too

have a great day and definitely see you tomorrow

x
    Loulou

2. Catie says:

Love the pop of color Sarah. It’s soo cheery. Beautiful pictures!! : )

~ Catie

3. Diana says:

Sarah… you crack me up!!! Some days you just have to go with though and it looks like you were in that kind of mood!… It is ALL very lovely!!! I wish I were on the beach.. and would LOVE it to be in Austrailia, but alas I am landlocked in steamy Illinois wishing for cooler weather, fall decorating and chili!! LOL… Have a great day!

4. Anonymous says:

Hi Sarah,

I reckon the colour looks lovely, and the Paisley works wonderfully.
    My home decor is fairIy neutral so I am always on flower overload, pinching flowers from work, friends familyif nothing is blooming in mine. Love me some (okay lots) of flowers all over the house. Single stem here, a couple (opps i mea odds) there. Lifts the spirits I think.
    Have a good weekend.
    jojo3b :)

Firstly and foremost – you are NOT a rubbish blogger… Secondly I love the pop of colour and with beutiful flowers like those who wouldn’t want to play around with flowers all day! Thirdly (?) I love strawberries, my favourite..good on ya Miss B.C… and last of all I can’t wait for Saturday club!!!

6. Suzanne says:

Looks very inviting!! So so pretty!!
    xx

7. Candy says:

It all looks so fresh and lovely. Love the tablecloth!!!

8. Girl, I love your style! Me, I love color; my downstairs has three different shades of aqua walls; they’re my neutral and I use them probably the same way you use your white or putty. But I love other styles, too, and I love the easy-living look you create. Simple, with a bit of sparkly glass, lots of open spaces. Great tablecloth! Love the mismatched chairs, the simple table settings. I feel congested when I see a table stuffed with … well, stuff. Candles, plates, charges, decor, glasses … eek. Your settings remind me of yoga; they b r e a t h e – pure loveliness.

9. Kirsty says:

Wow Sarah, you’ve outdone yourself with that first photo! So pretty!

10. Rupa says:

omg ! This Paisley design is so very popular in India .. I remember having loads of them spread everywhere around the house – tablecloths, bedsheets, pillow covers etc.
    They look all the more fabulous in your beach cottage ! Simply perfect.

11. Alima says:

I LOVE paisley too! I’ve been loving that tablecloth since you first started photographing it on your table! Love the ranunculus too! They are the most gorgeous flower to me – so many beautiful, delicate layers!

12. Deanne says:

Just gorgeous! That strawberry cordial looks yummy!

13. Melinda says:

Hi Sarah, lovely lovely photos – colours are FABULICIOUS

probably not the right spot to ask but how big are those tablecloths and what would the price be? I need to know if I have to be glued to the computer for next weeks pre order !! So sorry to ask here but couldnt find info on shop page

hope you will see this

Happy friday xx

14. monique says:

love love love…all of it! sarah, you have such a fabulous eye for all you do!!! yesterdays post was glorious as well…thanks for the beautiful visual vacation…
    cheers!

15. Pam in France says:

Just love that deconstructed paisley Sarah! Paisley has always reminded me of old ladies – my granny’s wrap around pinny; my mum’s headscarf – her only protection against cold blustery winter winds.. always too many colours crammed together.. so that lovely simple and yet still paisley design is fabbo!! :D

16. morning sarah-

nothing says spring like colourful bursts of mixed flowers….

these are lovely photos- the serenity of BC white with pops of spring colour & that blue tinge in your garden background…

the strawb cordial sounds gorgeous- and looks pretty fab in those jars- did you say you made it??

we have a bit of a glut of last summer strawberries here & i’d love to make my kids some…

melissa x

17. Cas says:

Teehee Sarah, I clicked on this post thinking “Beach Cottage paisley? Surely not…she’s finally lost it!” But no, you’ve still got it…naturally ;) Oh and rubbish blogger? Pffft…I don’t think so.
    Cas x

18. Simone says:

Great news about ther shop thought I had missed out! Will be keeping my eyes peeled

19. Sanghamitra says:

Hi Sarah,
    Love the pop of colour! Great shots.

20. I love the touch of color on that pretty paisley cloth. I just made some strawberry martinis that would look nice on that table in the evening while you relax.

21. Krista says:

I’m so delighted by these delicious bursts of color! I’m counting down the days to my move to Australia and am already dreaming of sunny Spring days to create beauties such as this for my friends there. :-)

22. Heather Williams says:

Mmmm…what a serene & inviting table scape….soft & delightful…love the pop of red berries! I’m wondering if you would please share your recipe for Strawberry Cordial?! Thank you so much!! ~H♥~

23. Jadyn says:

I love the bits of color! And that paisley! It really is one of my favorite paisleys that I’ve ever seen. (It reminds me a bit of the paisley designed by Lauren Liess from Pure Style Home.)

24. melissa says:

Hi Sarah,
    Love the Paisley fabric! I’ve always loved a Paisley fabric on vintage eiderdowns (impossible for me to find!!) In fact, I’ve always loved the sound of the name so much that my daughter’s name is Paisley! :) Looking forward to your shop opening again; totally missed the boat the last time.

25. Brenda Kula says:

Oh Sarah, I gotta check in here more often! This truly made my heart skip a beat! LOVE IT!
    Brenda

26. DeAna says:

Rubbish blogger? rubbish… <3 you

27. marlis says:

very darling table.. Love the soft colors you’ve brought to the table.. sorry I was too late for the cordials.. xo marlis

28. This is pure cottage style! I love it! All the white with the infused bright colors of the ranunculus…perfect! The paisley cloth is subtle, pretty, versatile. I don’t know how on earth you were able to resist the call of the cordials! I know I would have been all over them!!!!! There’s nothing like fresh strawberries in a cold sip!

29. Love those pretty flowers on your table. The colors are beautiful with your pretty cloth.

30. Christine says:

Yoru table is gorgeous, Sarah! And those flowers are so beautiful, love the flowers and the jars…Christine

31. So light and FUN!

- The Tablescaper

32. JoAnn says:

Beautiful! Love the small glass jars,how neat.