Beach Cottage Ten Things Friday

Fri 29th, Jul, 2011

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

20110729-01-shop2

G’day lovelies!

Don’t you just love Friday nights?

I know I do…

It’s that delicious anticipation of the weekend ahead….tonight I am kicking back in my old cottage, pleased that lots of jobs are ticked off the list….

I have been quietly busy…you know?

…not running around frantically like a headless chicken wishing I had said the no word a whole lot more

wishing I had kept things smaller

wishing I had been more realistic

wishing I hadn’t been so pie-in-the-sky

not this time

have been busy

but nicely busy all the same….

and just, at my own pace, getting things done, that, for too long, have been not getting done…

20110729-02-shop-product

Ten Simple Things I Am Celebrating this Friday Night

1. the first Beach Cottage E-Course Sweet Blogging for Girls is done and done and done & live soon

2. I planted all the veggies that needed to go in.

3. I finished working on new products for our little magically disappearing beachy shop by the sea

4. I got an article with pictures in before the deadline

5. I made a whole batch of BC Clay Tags

6. I worked with Mr BC on some business stuff & didn’t kill him in the process

7. though I did call him names

8. Friday night is Movie Night, oooh ye-eah, oooh ye-eah, I love you Matthew McConaughey, you ro-ock, my so-ocks

9. there is a Family Size mint Aero on ice in the fridge

10. and there is Pimms waiting in the wings

20110729-03-coastal-shop

What are you celebrating this Friday?  C’mon, you know you lurkers wanna talk to me on Friday…;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

If it’s not much, have a glass of Pimms and a bar of Aero anyway…

and raise your glass to me…

a girl on a white sofa, wearing polka dot pj’s, savouring chocolate

on the beaches

in a tatty old cottage

on the wrong side of town

surrounded in old things

dowsed in white

and toasting it all with a Pimms…

20110729-04-chic-white-coastal

Happy days

and as they say in the Old Country

Toodlepip

p.s. a few Beach Cottage Shop By the Sea images…I am working on taking pics and re-opening my little magically disappearing shop…

20110729-05-chic-coastal-shop

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

28 Responses to “Beach Cottage Ten Things Friday”

I’m in my P.Js dreaming of a country I couldn’t possibly live in simply because the weather is nothing like it is here and unfortunately for me it trully would affect me in a negative way (I can barely cope with Australian winters as it is and I am told this is mild!Not to me or my body…). Drooling over some really nice kitchens done up the exact way I had in mind of doing mine only I have no space to fit all my ideas so I have to cut back and somehow make it work…sigh… Back to escape to the country fix… Enjoy movie night… I think I will beg hubby to make me a hot chocolate… Hmmm bought some Venezuelian chocolate too, might have some of that…Good night :)

• Alice says:

p.s: missed out on your store last time, hopefully will get to check it out this time round and find something special…The images are excellent, I am very drawn to them but then again that is nothing new :)

2. Hello Sarah

Well your tick list is a very successful one.

Well done for you – I do admire you with your acomplishments.

As I type this (I’m in my pj’s too – shhh don’t tell anyone).

I have accomplished much this week too.

My blog is cruising along nicely and I am preparing too for my next steps.

As I type this, I have a beautiful white fine china mug sitting next to me with a freshly brewed Earl Grey Tea.

This week saw me also buy a new car (mmm love that new car smell) and excitedly receive a box in the mail with the contents of a fantastic bargain I won on ebay.

Happy days this weekend – enjoy your aero choc

x

Loulou

3. Becs says:

Lurve Friday the most! Tonight I’m celebrating red wine bubbles and cheese with a good friend, & anticipating a 3hr drive to IKEA tomorrow ;) Good times!

4. Pomona says:

It’s not even lunchtime here in old Blighty! So I have a way to go, and I am thinking that when I get home from work I have stacks of B&B bedding to iron, because of course there hasn’t been much sunshine, so not good for drying and I have been behind all week. Just pat yourself on the back for making the right move – I keep telling myself that one evening we will go down to Whitstable and sit on the beach with some chips (that’s about as far as we get on the party front!), but it has been cold and grey, and really not at all tempting.

So I will think of you on the sofa with your drink, and pretend that I am sitting a million miles further south right next to you!

Have a really good weekend!

Pomona x

5. Laura says:

Now the hubby has started working for himself, Fridays have now become my new Saturdays, as he only works a four day week… I think that’s a good thing… the house just gets that little bit messier over the weekend! But hey, if I have some help with the little ones I’ll take it!!! Today, I’ll steam clean the carpets (no wood floors in this old place yet… too many kiddie injuries…)… Now doesn’t that sound exciting? Yeah, you’re right, I’d prefer the jug of Pimms and giant Aero!! Have a great weekend! Lx

6. Robyn says:

My day is over for now, but have had to take the little one to swimming lessons today – had a picnic, spent time at the park, and currently have 3 conversations going on Skype!
    Mr C is watching a film called “The Eagle” – we’ve been watching Spartacus and Rome recently so thought he’d stick to the theme.
    Have a great weekend!

7. Angie says:

Looking forward to celebrating my mother in laws 88th birthday tonight with the family. Hopeful that the weather will hold out tomorrow so I can start sanding on my big honking coffee table. Its been so unbearably hot with a heat index today of 107. Too hot to paint, sand or garden with the temps so high ! My drink of choice will be a huge glass of iced sweet tea. Glad you are getting things done, gives you a real peace and sense of accomplishment. ! Have a great weekend.

8. Susan says:

While it’s only currently Friday morning here, I’m looking forward to a relaxing evening at home alone – my son is at boy scout camp, and won’t return until tomorrow evening; my husband works late on Friday nights. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to catch up with blog reading, which I’ve so sadly neglected in the past month or so.

I might even find the time to write my own blog post, if I can think of anything inspiring.

I love your pictures – the images just convey a peaceful homelife.

Have a wonderful weekend!

9. I’ve got my little girl on my knee and a MUG of espresso beside me. My best friend took the day off of work an we’re going to let our kiddoes play together for the afternoon. I actually turned down work this week to spend more time with my wee one and my husband is taking some holidays next week. This is living :)

I might even break out the Pimms

10. Jeannie says:

mmmmm….mint Aero bar. – one of my favourites…now I’ve gotta have one.

11. glenda B says:

I am celebrating this weekend with a trip to Colorado to celebrate my oldest daughter’s significant birthday. She doesn’t know we are coming so she is going to be really surprised. The temps will be considerably lower than the 108 degrees yesterday at home, and they just opened an Ikea store near my daughter’s house. I see a great weekend ahead for me. ;-)

12. Rhonda says:

Clay tags….sweeeeet! I just bought and read your tutorial and am headed out to Hobby Lobby and Michaels to get supplies. I think tonight….my Friday night…will be spent attempting my first batch of tags. You see, I am opening a booth, Restored~Home (www.therestoredhome.com) on August 15th….eeeck…I am no where near ready. LOL I have been painting, sewing and shopping like a madwoman….so tonight I am looking forward to a new skill (thrill)…….clay tags that will also look gorgeous in my shoppe…..what a lovely way to finish the week. I do hope they turn out well….I will be back to let you know!
    (((hugs)))

13. This is what I have been doing the last couple of weeks too. Just quietly and methodically catching up, what a great feeling!!

SO I will be celebrating:
    1. my girl and my parents coming home today
    2. The barn is caught up
    3. The garden is weeded
    4. The flowers are planted
    5. The laundry is done
    6. The sun is shining
    7. I’m making mint chocolate chip ice cream
    8. The house is mostly clean
    9. I’m reading a book I always wanted to read as a child and never got to
    10. This weekend is our town festival, it rocks!

Lots to celebrate here! I love my life!

14. Sarah says:

Gosh I do love all the white in your home, but with kids/dogs/cats/and me it wouldn’t be practical in this house!!

You have inspired my to go and make myself and Hubby a jug of Pimms though!!

S x

15. Simple Daisy says:

I love Friday’s too!!! We are going on a boat ride with our dear friends!!!! Your photos are always so pretty!!!!

16. Barefoot Liz says:

We are supposed to go to a cookout this evening but the weather is yucky. They will have it indoors if it rains but there’s no way my son will want to stay in the boring space indoors. So we may go just long enough for me to stuff my face with food and then leave. tee hee.
    Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub! (as my friend always used to say)

Loved your Friday night post. I find it very special too whether I have been at work or not.

Hmmm, mint Aero and Pimms. Don’t the two flavours clash?? I remember when the original Aeros first came out. Bubbles of air in chocolate was considered a ground breaking concept.

18. Deanne says:

Well seeing as it is now Saturday arvo and am now reading your blog after finishing soccer duty, and I couldn’t celebrate last night anyway cause I had to taxi my little (or should I say big- as they are both taller than me) referees around. So tonight I am planning a nice steak, potatoes and salad, a movie with hubby and I am going to try my limoncello!!!!! that I made with your recipe.

19. Deanne says:

also chorizo was on special for $9.99 a kilo so I bought a kilo to make your Chorizo and potato stew- looking forward to that!

20. Fleur says:

Looking forwards to the blogging for girls course. Ive finally taken the plunge and begun a blog! Will keep an eye out for when you launch.
    Lovely morning today, down to Hastings st for a nice chai then a walk a long the beach and a play in the rock pools, killed enough time for baguettes and hot chips on the way back.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx
    Fleur

21. Kat says:

Ooh I missed this post last night sweet Sarah, so I am going to reply on a Saturday night instead.
    Can I ask what movie you watched?
    Hubby and I often watch a dvd on a Fri night when the kids are all tucked up in bed, however last night I sat with my hot choccie and my throw rug and watched The Block episode from last night that I had recorded while busy getting books read to 4 kiddo’s and getting them off to bed.
    My Friday night consisted of Hubby coming home early and giving up his Bowen appointment, so I could go and have a much needed treatment. Ah bliss! :)
    I was a tired, grumpy and hormonal wreck yesterday (and today for that matter!) so I after my treatment I went and got myself takeaway butter chicken and naan bread for dinner, (my special treat), washed down with a nice sav blanc.
    Tonight I am doing long overdue study that I have been putting off! (still not sure I can juggle this whole study thing with 4 little ones, but it is something I am passionate about, even if it will be a voluntary role.)
    So pleased to read that you got so much done on your list this week, yay for you!
    I took my oldest daughter (9) to the shops today for some special girly time. We had fun!
    We went and had a look at Temt and I saw your lovely shirt (had already spent my budget on stripey tops and another scarf in Cotton On though ;)) but I could not find your cardigan, unless it has a hood?!
    Hope you are enjoying your Saturday night as much as your Friday night. (although I agree, I think Friday really does that whole promise of the weekend to come thing going on.) :)

22. Tricia Rose says:

Lincoln Lawyer? That was good!
    I don’t know if I have Ten for Friday, but it’s a good idea, so here are my happies:
    Work is going well
    I took my husband’s wart off, and it didn’t hurt. me.
    I found linen jeans! Who’d have thought?
    I replaced the trendy but dim Very Expensive retro bulbs in my living room and can see again
    We have grand-kittens! All the cute, no responsibility, and the fun of hearing how they wake him at 5am.
    I have Google +
    and Spotify = smug
    My once-a-decade haircut is acceptable
    There is great live music at the end of the inlet every Friday, and I can hear it from my deck
    Loads of house-guests from Australia lined up!

23. Stacy says:

Wow! That is a lot and I’m super impressed! I’m jealous of the Aero…why don’t we have them in the US!? Crazy marketing decision if you ask me! Hope you enjoyed your Friday :)
    Stacy

24. G’day yall from Texas. I’m still so appreciative for your support and interest in my little ole blog. Visiting your beachy blog is so refreshing from a gal living way far inland from any sandy visage. You may find my lastest post very interesting. It features Mexican Tourist Pottery which is unique to the Southwest region of the US. Not as folksy as a digeridoo but still unique and affordable for those who collect primitive items.

25. Melissah says:

I just discovered your lovely blog and have signed up as a follower. I’ve just put the finished touches on my new blog ‘Coastal Style’ and have added you to my blogroll. I had a lot of fun putting it together so maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
    It will have lots of inspiration on beach houses, resortwear, summer food, travel and anything ‘beachy’.
    x
    Melissah

26. kari says:

I must say Mr. Matthew rocks my socks also!!!! He’s so darn beautiful… :)

27. seascape1 says:

Am also in my PJ’s with Twinngs Orange Bliss tea after blueberry pancakes. My accomplishments this weekend are to relax and enjoy my home and yard after a busy week. Re decorating my own coastal cottage here on the coast of Santa Barbra CA where the tempatures have been in the mid 70′s with a perfect coastal breeze. Soon venturing out for a dritwood and seashell walk on nearby beach for inspiration. Have all manner of fresh and lovely vegies and greens from farmers market for the weekend. Friday and Saturday movie night after bubbly bath and healthy dinner. Oh Matthew yes I agree. He wears a suit so well in Lincoln Lawyer. Enjoyed Disney Tangled for fun. Love your website and sharing from the great Down Under. Am so inspired by your accomplishments and my favorite beach decor. Beauitful!!