The Beach Cottage Ruffle Part II ~ in the Dining Room

Tue 8th, Mar, 2011

7 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 7 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 7 Flares ×

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-01

So, c’mon then.

You really think you love white ruffles as much as me?

Do you drape ruffles around your house, on tables, over doorways, on shower rails and then take photos of them when no-one else is around.

See, I told you I love ‘em more than you do?

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-02

actually I think the cafe au lait bowl love is nearly up there with the ruffle love though

So this is Part II of the ruffle series haha…( there will be I think four parts to this show…;-) ) …Part II is where the ruffles are playing tablecloth…

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-03

I have to tell you now :

Do not try this at home if you have

1. any males in the house

2. you have anyone under the age of 35 in the house

3. you have anything but white coloured food or drink in your house

4. you have children of any age in the house

5. you have any kind of pets including goldfish in the house

but if it’s just you in the house, on a beautiful early Autumnal day on the beaches of Sydney in a tatty old cottage with wooden floors, the doors are all open and there’s a gorgeous coastal breeze and a table just begging to be dressed up, then I say…go forth and table dress…

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-04

this is purely a female, over 35, x-rated, kid free kinda tabledressing

but oh, it’s so frothy & fluffy and fabulous.

I am loving a ruffle right now…errm I am thinking you may have realised that by now?

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-05

….but don’t get me wrong..there is nothing worse than the overdone shabby ruffle thing & when people say that I am shabby chic I kinda shudder a bit…

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-06

but this…

well

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-07

there is for sure a place in my life for a ruffle, a creamy white ruffle at that, draping on the floor of this old cottage

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-08

Be seeing ya…

yeah I’d love some ruffle love sharing ;-) …do any of you know of any other nice ruffle things online that I can treat myself to?  I have seen a nice bag at Etsy and I am hoping to make a camera strap ruffle…but I’d love some more recommendations…

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-09

find Beach Cottage Ruffle Part I here

get your Good Life Wednesdays posts ready for tomorrow…

love to see what’s good in your place right now…

201103-Ruffles-Tablecloth-Stripes-10

and BC Sweet Blogging Series starts this week with finding your blog voice
and we have no other than the

uber-poplular Kate from Centsational Girl

with some mega blogging tips…

7 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 7 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 7 Flares ×

68 Responses to “The Beach Cottage Ruffle Part II ~ in the Dining Room”

1. Joy says:

The ‘ruffle’ is sooooo romantic.
    - Joy

2. Karley says:

Hi Sarah, if you haven’t already found this then you will quake in your boots – ruffle duvet cover, ruffle curtains, ruffle shower curtains all at urbanoutfitter.com – I am hoping to order the grey ruffle duvet cover, they ship to Aus and not too expensive either!
    Best
    Karley x

3. Jealous. Beautiful. I’m 33 and 3/4 and I love it so you can knock your age limit down a hair. Yeah, you have some shabby elements going on (not necessarily with the ruffles) but I wouldn’t say you’re shabby chic at all. You have a coastal chic style all your OWN and I love it all.

4. i love ruffles…and your ruffles are the best.

5. i just bought a ruffled camera strap cover…let me know if you want to peek at it;-)

6. Laura says:

My littlest would love this (alas she is only two so way below the age limit), she loves ruffles… so much so that yesterday at brunch with friends she introduced herself as ‘I’m Martha. I’m wearing ruffles. Aren’t they pretty’… Lx

7. The ruffle adds so much softness to the rest of the room. I love it!

8. I have always loved ruffles! Super excited that they seem to be all over women’s clothing right now too! YAY!

What I really want right now……is ruffled chair skirts in my kitchen.

9. LOVE that photo of the sweet putty cups in the midst of all the yummy ruffles…..! :)

xoxo laurie

10. Sibylle says:

omg, this table clothe looks soooo pretty! I made a ruffle pillow case today, but it looks nowhere as pretty as your table clothe!

11. lg says:

ruffle-me-timbers! Those ruffles are just crying out to become a wedding dress. Too bad you are already taken………

oh my, that is one elegant table….

yes to both of those Tami…thanks!

• Thanks for the love, Tami!!! Besides being satin ruffley, the pillow is the softest shade of cafe au lait. And I am more than happy to ship international. I’d wish I could hand deliver it international! Wouldn’t that make for some fun adventures. Many thanks to you and Sarah! Now I have the opportunity for follow what Sarah is up to. Love, love, love your ingeunuity and style!!! Best to you both! valerie (pillowville on etsy.com)

13. Angie says:

I would never say shabby chic….chic all the way but surely not shabby !!!!! LOVE your ruffles. If I ever get my ugly wallpaper torn down in my bath Ill send a pic of my Anthro ruffled shower curtain splurge.

Check out this seller and she does ship to AUS.
    /www.etsy.com/shop/bayousalvageuffles

14. Kirsty says:

Gorgeous ruffles Sarah! Looking forward to those blogging tips! :D

15. Teri says:

Oh drool! This is so feminine and delicate that I would still put it on my table even with a dog, 2 older kids and a husband who loves red sauce spaghetti!!!! I would only put it on for a special occasion and keep them all away from it! I should be allowed to enjoy one amazing piece of femininity, right??? Everything you do is so beautiful and feminine! I would say eclectic, maybe more than shabby chic????

16. I love me some ruffles!!!!!!!!!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

17. kerrie says:

I am a white ruffle girlie. My farmhouse table almost always has a ruffle on and its not from a tablecloth, it’s actually a vintage canopy bed cover. In summer I wear a white ruffle skirt often, short and long versions, but my favorite is a denim ruffle long skirt. I don’t like too much ruffle but just enough like your tablescape here. Have you seen the cafe au lait bowls at anthro??? I have the white and turqoise but I really really want the grey…they were all out when I was there. You can order on line but I would rather make another trip to the other side of the ciy just to buy them in person…love that shop!

oh no i havent seen them cos i wouldnt be able to afford the shipping to australia….it is sooooo expensive…but i am going to dream at the website now…thanks!

18. marylou says:

This my dear is your finest work;-) I mean really Sarah, these photos are magazine worthy and not just any magazine, one of
    those fabulous ones that we all love to peruse~~

Ruffles…..love them too and bought some muslin today to make single ruffles for a few lamp shades~~

**smiles**

19. Arica says:

Oh my goodness. GENIUS. That’s one of the best ideas I’ve ever seen. Thank you for being so dang talented at your finds/sharing. (: I’m loving your blog oh so much!

20. Oh your ruffles make me sigh, make me cry, they are so very lovely and so is your cafe au lait bowl, my word my dear, such magazine worthy photos take my breath away!
    xoxo
    Kate

21. Deanne says:

Well Sarah as I ticked all of those boxes I think the ruffles will have to be off the list for a while here, although I have a very cute pair of black sandals with ruffles, and lots of white chenille- not that it’s ruffley but it’s the only thing I can get away with!

22. Kari says:

You should really start some kind of a store or something!!! The looks you come up with are so fabulous!! I haven’t seen anything else out there quite like your taste!!

23. Nancy Hoefer says:

Hi Sarah,

I am awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award. I didn’t see “award free blog” so I am assuming you will accept it. You can find out about it at my blog! I love yours, love the photos, the subject matter and all!!

Nancy

24. Erin says:

Oh Sarah,
    I’m salivating. Yes I’m loving the ruffle but once again it is those French little bowls in my colour of the moment…yum!!!!!

Ok here’s another yum to make you salivate. I was at a family dinner the other night and I sat down to chat with my daughter in law. On the table in front of her was her handbag. I touched it and it was the softest leather I’ve ever touched and…..it was a beautiful latte colour, but the best thing of all….it was ruffley…the leather was ruffley! It would so match your Valentines Day shoes.

25. Zosia says:

Gives a new meaning to the phrase “table skirt” :-). As far as other ruffles go, Bloom from New South wales makes beautiful frilly bags, have a look http://bloomandblossom.blogspot.com/search/label/In%20the%20bag .

26. Lisaroy says:

I agree this is definitely not for the boys. Maybe for a little table on my side of the bed :)

27. Bibbitybob says:

Those ruffles are beautiful, although the 35 age limit leaves me a long way off – I think that one should be scrapped ;) x

28. Katherine says:

Hi Sarah,

THAT is a really, really NICE ruffle!! Just right in all departments, & exactly the kind I would love drapping over my bed!! Did you mention where you got it from?( Forgive me if I missed it).

There was, a long, long time ago, a really beautiful pair of hand made, “ruffly” light shades on one of the American blogs – I think maybe either Dreamy Whites or Lola B’s (Kasey Buick, sp?)?? Really worth finding though. They look like they had been “hand ruffled” from calico, & sewn onto & around the shades with a sewing machine – somehow. They have stayed forever in my mind . And now your ruffles make me think of them again – knowing how much I think you would love them ; )

Glad I am female & over 35 too!

oh yes me too! i think that was at the lovely kaseys if i remember rightly…didnt someone handmake it for her…we’ll have to ask her… Xx

• Katherine says:

Yes, that rings a bell! I must find them again. Glad we are on the same wave length!! They were fab, weren’t they!!
        Yours in Ruffles, K x
        PS look forward to more ruffly instalments ; )

29. Sue @ House Pretty says:

White and ruffles, you have entered my world! They kind of go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Hearts!!!

30. Caroline says:

This is too beautiful!

31. colleen says:

WOW…I want to come to a dinner at your house…or coffee..or just stare!..Beautiful!

32. This is so pretty, but it’d never stay that way in my house!

33. Alima says:

oohhh I LOVE that! I would have never thought of ruffles for my dining room table, but it looks amazing!
    Of course, I have a 17 month old boy who is the master destroyer of all things so I don’t even dare bring a white ruffle in this house for……oh at least 18 more years :)

34. Sandie says:

Okay I am sooooooo there. I’ll bring Russian Tea Cakes (white you know) ;)

35. carrie says:

lol… not even a goldfish ;)

It’s gorgeous… the ruffles are divine.

Must kick everyone out of the house so I can get my ruffle on, too ;)

36. Love the display! In my extra wide hallway I have a little iron cafe table and chairs. I added a lovely little vignette of glass jars, vintage silverware, my fancy white plates, a vintage whitewashed window, you get the idea? Needless to say the boys, (9 and 11 year olds who know better) started running around the stairs and through the hallway. I got after them 3 times and they STILL had to chase each other one more time. Of course they ran into the table. It’s amazing how fast they can decide to turn into perfect little angels!Thankfully nothing was broken, they just had a big mess to clean up and they learned not to be tryin that again:)

37. HRH Sarah says:

Arrgghhh, that’s exactly the ruffle I need for my daughter’s “coastal shaby-ish chic” bedroom!

38. Jacqueline says:

What a lovely effect! LOVE the piled dishes.

39. Catherine says:

you will love this website http://www.laylagrace.com, check it out! beautiful ruffles

40. Wendy says:

Hi Sarah,

I’m from Malaysia and I came across your blog when I was searching for ideas for my new house. I’ve got a lot of inspirations for my new house from your website and I loved it. Love the ruffles idea, it looks great but isn’t it a bit risky for dinner table i.e. spilling water on it and food? esp the the ruffles ends that will trip the glass/cups. I might use it as shower curtains but it’ll get wet, hm……

Love your creative design mind, please keep them coming… :-)

41. Melinda says:

Ruffles, white ruffles, make me sigh…and bring a certain unexplainable happiness. Several months ago, while dreaming of a bathroom reno I purchased a white ruffle curtain from anthro. Today, the reno is nearing completion and the whole room was inspired by those lovely ruffles. Thankfully I have a hubby who cooperates with my dreams : )

42. Bex says:

When you mentioned ruffles the image that popped up was of me, aged 6 in a rara skirt that my mum bought me, which was shaded in different coloured blues as each ugly frill descended and it made me shiver at just the thought! But when I then scrolled down to your pictures I fell in love, I was transported to some kind of ruffle heaven. This material makes you want to wrap it round you, making an angelic summer dress and waft around the garden talking and smiling to the butterflies! Maybe its just me…
    I never thought I’d be saying this either, but I will be on the look out for ruffle material!?!

43. Pearl Maple says:

makings of a sweet afternoon, ruffles in the breezes and a moment of quiet

44. Tanya says:

This may be the happiest ruffled thing I have ever seen! I love ruffles and for some reason, this made me so happy to see. You seem to lead a magical life and this just fits perfectly!

45. Robynne says:

Sarah, have a look at the H & M online site…they have some ruffly stuff going on. I was in the London store the other day and they are doing some great cheap soft furnishings…great cushions, throws, little ruffle bags. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous…as usual! Robx

46. Kate Dickson-Battye says:

My daughter calls them FRUFFLES (Frills + Ruffles), makes sense to me x Katie

47. michelle says:

Love the ruffle table cloth! Do you mind telling me where did u buy it? Hope to hear from you soon! :)

48. Well…you’ve done it. For the first time since I turned 30 in October, I find myself wishing I was actually OLDER! Oh, that I could be 35, so I could enjoy such divine ruffles! Alas, I also have three kids. I can’t even get away with upholstering my dining set without putting vinyl over the top ((sigh)). Maybe one day. ;)

Aloha,
    Charlie

49. Sarah says:

It looks beautiful Sarah, wouldnt be advisable in my house with 3 young children & a dog! maybe a girls teaparty with the family banned for an afternoon. Ive just been reading all about your big move down under very brave would love to do it myself maybe one day. My partner lived in australia for a year & loved it & his sister & her family moved out there a year ago. Would love to take the plunge but my partner has 2 young children with his ex wife so wont be happening soon but one day. For now ill enjoy following your adventures :)

50. Karen says:

Hi Sarah,
    Love the whole look you are going for… the light in your home is amazing! I especially love the taupe crockery. Does the range have a name and is it readily available?
    cheers,
    Karen

51. Congrats on the Apt Therapy feature! It looks so lovely. You’ve got style, dear!!

52. Marissa says:

Where can I find a tablecloth like this one? I’m in love!

53. Nicky Singh says:

Hi Sarah, I love the ruffles, perfect for a morning tea with the girls. I know they will appreciate the effort, however I don’t think my husband and three boys would.

Nicky Singh.

54. yvonne bratkin says:

love your blog site..i have a friend/designer who is also into the beautiful light whites beachy look like u too…it is stunning…i also would love to know where u got the ruffle tablecloth and white slip covers…ty ty