A Beach Cottage Kitchen Update

Mon 11th, Oct, 2010

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

201010-Kitchen-Update-01

Good Morning Monday.  Good Morning hammers & white paint.

Yep I am still in my painting clothes and still in the kitchen, though I have to tell you I have decanted rice in jars.

There were a few setbacks with the kitchen over the weekend, namely kiddos’ sporting activities and their social lives taking up just too much time.

Though they have to work in this place to make up for it..

We got about this far…

201010-Kitchen-Update-02
201010-Kitchen-Update-03

Here are the males of the house putting up the batons.  I took one of their derriere’s but sadly the BC Teenager said he would rather his bottom was not a part of this blog…what a spoil sport

201010-Kitchen-Update-04

I am counting down to having the most organized kitchen in the Southern Hemisphere, perhaps indeed the world as a whole later on this evening once the shelves are up.

According to Mr BC, we had to fix batons to the wall so the shelves could take the weight…physics is not my strong point, nor, for that matter, is patience, but here I have had to act like a grown-up & go through the pain of the prep stage…

201010-Kitchen-Update-05

More to come in the next instalment hopefully soon…this is where we’re at as of this morning

201010-Kitchen-Update-06

Tonight I will have shelves

and rows of jars

Adios amigos

201010-Kitchen-Update-07

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

29 Responses to “A Beach Cottage Kitchen Update”

1. Vicki K says:

Looks great so far – can’t wait to see the MOKITW!

2. Ldom says:

He looks like he’s about to do some damage with that hammer ;-) Lx

3. Tricia Rose says:

They LOVE to say things like that about battens… must be in the Y chromosome.

I can only applaud that they are actually doing it though – you are one powerful motivator: no kitchen, no food, is that it?

4. ecogrrl says:

physics not my strong suit either – i’m wanting to tear out my cupboards this winter – i think i shall learn from your project :)

5. Brismod says:

Is the magnetic strip from ikea too?

6. Nicola says:

hmmmmmm glass jars, not sure what it is, but I too dream of open timber shelves with rows of different sized glass jars with flour, cous cous, rice and lord knows what else all decanted and looking pretty!

I visited my local Ikea – there is only one in Adelaide – on Saturday with my two DD’s (9&8) – thinking this would be a quick trip as I had researched what I needed, well four hours later and both breakfast and lunch consumed I was spent! I kept “finding” great things for the girls rooms, beautiful baskets and other great storage ideas!

Can’t wait to see your most organised kitchen in the world when your all done!

7. You got the IKEA kitchen organization virus!!! I love!

8. Suz says:

been clocking in to see what’s happened so far….excited can’t wait for the reveal..loving it so far

9. Ever says:

NOOOOO!!!!

Why did you turn off the “send full feed by RSS”-feature?

I’ve been reading your blog for a long time and I love it, but I really do not want to click on every post to read it, I want to read it in my RSS-reader.

Please turn it back!!

10. I’m loving stopping by to check in on your kitchen reno – I think I can feel that Ikea kitchen virus coming on too!

11. Annette says:

Looking forward to seeing the finished shelves and all your purchases in their new home!

12. Elaine in Laguna says:

Sarah,
    This Ikea organizational thing could be contagious! Love checking in on your latest project! Can’t wait to see the finished results…I think you had the spelling of ‘battens’ right the first time! Have a good day!

13. Cindy S says:

Hi Sarah,
    It’s looking wonderful, it will be so lovely and so organized when you are finished! And still so beachy white~
    Hugs, cindy

14. Can’t wait to see it all. It’s going to being gorgeous…I just know it!

15. mydesignchic says:

Oh my, this is going to be fabulous. How smart you are…can’t wait for the reveal!

16. HRH Sarah says:

So, so, exciting! Can’t wait to see some more pics…

17. Lookin’ good so far, Sarah! Keep those ‘man-servants’ busy! LOL!

xoxo laurie

18. i didn’t know you had a teenager.
    good grief…do you have any photos of your children anywhere?!

19. Kirsty says:

Gotta love handy men! It’s looking great! :D

20. {oc cottage} says:

Aye amiga mia! Que fabulosa cocina!

m ^..^ {muy cerca de mexico}

21. I just found your blog, it’s lovely! =)

I love all the white washed settings, can’t wait to see more pics!

22. I am so excited for you and your new kitchen. I love being organized. I love what I’ve seen so far…can’t wait to see the finished product!