A Beach Cottage Decorates Outside with a Head Full O’ Cheer

Mon 27th, Sep, 2010

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

201009-Cheer-01

Howdy BC’ers?

Like my table?

It’s not as if I were short of a tablescape or two.  We all know of this sporting pleasure of mine and I have over time on this blog decorated tables with abundance.

201009-Cheer-02

But once Spring hit in Sydney, I had the urge to get outside.

201009-Cheer-03

I tablescape for creative outlet, but ultimately, through pure selfish pleasure.

And this one, whereupon I forced my husband to help me carry baskets to the park full of vintage bottles, old sheets and heaps of flowers…..

201009-Cheer-04

otherwise I’d leave him and go live in a unit by myself on the Central Coast….

201009-Cheer-05

well, this one pleases me very much.

201009-Cheer-06

I used my fallbacks on the picnic table at the park…an old vintage sheet (the poor man’s table dressing secret), a plethora of vintage bottles and vessels and a glut of Cheer.

The napkin rings from my shop if it ever opens.

201009-Cheer-07

The Cheer was on offer 3 bunches for 5 bucks though I’m told by a reliable source, a commenter on this here blog that this is because they smell like urine…try and ignore that while you lose yourself in sitting at this table with a glass of champers.

201009-Cheer-08

And so this is it, a bunch of bottles and flowers and an old sheet to win a BC gold in the sport of Table Dressing.

201009-Cheer-09

Alrighty luverlies, catch you soon.

It’s school hols here & I’m having fun in the sun Down Under.

201009-Cheer-01

bottles : thrifted vintage  napkin rings : BC Store sooner   picnic basket :  thrifted    glasses  :  ikea & vinnies
jeans : Moto    t-shirt : Country Road  plates : ikea  tablecloth : thrifted vintage sheet

201009-Cheer-10

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

25 Responses to “A Beach Cottage Decorates Outside with a Head Full O’ Cheer”

1. Barefoot Liz says:

These new photo’s are like a breath of fresh air! Just seeing them makes my muscles relax.

2. Alessandra says:

S I M P L Y G O R G E O U S!!!

3. nicole says:

love these flowers had them at my house this weekend. They dont smell like wee isnt that chysanimums.(bad speling) Anyway your table looks lovely. Did you have a picnic while you were there! Any news on when your shop will be open

4. colleen says:

wow…wonderful pictures…and the last one!..uber wow!

5. Tricia Rose says:

They don’t smell like wee, I think that is myrtle. They smell like snot. In spring anything is welcome.

6. So pretty, Sarah.
    And Mr. BC, such a patient man… I’m lucky that way too.
    Now I must stop giggling at Tricia Rose & be on my way.

7. Annette says:

I’m sure you would win hands down if there was a sport of table dressing!! I’m sure there is some sort of business opportunity there seeing as you’re so passionate about it.
    Love your pics, it all looks very inviting.

8. Ldom says:

Beautiful… I’m with Colleen, in that the last picture is gorgeous! I love the simplicity of it all. I love your picnic basket too. Is it a vintage one? Lx

9. pearl maple says:

Happy Spring
    perfect excuse to get outside and enjoy the sunshine

10. Sarah, all your efforts and enthusiasm and your great sensibility to create this sooooo beautiful table dressing, really is something I adore!!!!
    cariños

11. Hey Doll. Loving the table at the park and I love that you shared this with us. The napkin rings are awesome – and hoping that you opening your little shop goes smoother for ya! Feeling “full of cheer” so, thanks.

12. Lark says:

I love the idea of setting a beautiful tablescape at the park. What a surprise that would be! I also love the simple white cloth napkins with the natural napkin holders. Everything looks so clean and fresh. I’ll have to come up with an autumn version!

13. Kirsty says:

Gorgeous! When I read this in my reader though (looking at a much smaller version of the first picture) it did look like the backdrop was an enormous elephant. See the wrinkly grey skin? Hahaha. I eventually realised that it wasn’t. :)

14. Delcie says:

Ah dreamy decorating! Hasn’t the Sydney Spring weather been awesome?

15. Melissa says:

another gorgeous moment of sydney in springtime for me…..big hugs and thanks…

esp looove the last photos- all those beautiful old bottles hudled together….

melissa x

16. LindyLouMac says:

You most certainly are having fun in the sun, down under, great tablescapes. Meanwhile here in Italy Autumn has truly arrived.

17. barbara says:

this photo are wonderfull!!! ^__^

18. Wonderland says:

This is so beautifull!!!! Great work.
    have a lovely day!
    darija

19. {oc cottage} says:

Well, I for one, would hold my nose {to ward against those pee-pee flowers} just to sit at such a lovely table! ;}

m ^..^

20. lisaroy says:

so pretty! just goes to show that you don’t need to spend a lot to get a charming tablescape :)

21. cindy says:

Lovely and so very clever, it didn’t smell bad to me.=o)

22. mydesignchic says:

This is stunning…love, love the tablescape!!

23. kasey says:

gorgeous my friend…just gorgeous

24. Sarah, that table is gorgeous!!! It looks like it’s right out of a magazine! I like the smell of paperwhites but I know they are too strong for a lot of people. I would think that an outside table would be a perfect place for them! You are so good at tablescaping!

25. Jennifer says:

sarah i’m catching up; have had a house full of sickies so blog hopping dropped on the priority list! just wanted to let you know that this beautiful post is giving me a great start to my morning. :) hurrah!