A Beach Cottage ~ Living the Good Life…by the sea

watching the waves

and took some video

it got me thinking

about our journey

as we sat and watched

all, for sure

is not always perfect here

and

emmigrating has meant

days have sometimes been

long and lonely

and things come along to test

and take me by surprise

but one thing that keeps me good

life by the sea

A Beach Cottage By The Sea from abeachcottage on Vimeo.

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

36 Responses to “A Beach Cottage ~ Living the Good Life…by the sea”

1. mary jo says:

So lovely. Just made my day to watch this!

xo Mary Jo

2. Jackie says:

It’s lovely…beautiful music!

3. Denise says:

Sarah, what a wonderful video. Love the theme song too. ;) This video is a wonderful example of how far you’ve come, and how your world has expanded. This move brought you so many new interests and unearthed so many new talents. Look at you now…interior decorator, vintage coastal chic expert ;), photographer, videographer, and inspiration extraordinaire for all of us on the other side of the computer monitor!

4. Michelle says:

lovely …makes me want to go down the beach .

5. Anne-Marie says:

All your photos and videos literally speak to me Sarah and I have to say that in the 20yrs since I left Sydneys beaches, your photography has made me more homesick than I’ve ever been. Now I mean this in a nice way, just shows the quality and talent you are unleashing on us all. I’m looking at my hometown in a new light.
    I feel you are on the verge of being very successful with photography because it’s coming from your heart.
    Next time you are down the beach please dip your toes for moi :)
    xx

6. Tammi N says:

Hats off to you Sarah for this amazing journey you and your family have undertaken….I found myself wiping away a tear or two reading this post as we too have uprooted our children and made the move to another country away from family and friends…and even though we miss everyone dearly we are so blessed to have the life we have here in this lucky land we have made home.

This post definitely struck a nerve but in such a happy way!!

Have a fantastic weekend :D

7. Patricia says:

Sarah, thanks for sharing your beautiful feelings, you have within!!

8. Alison Gibbs says:

Beautiful video and love the song Sarah.
    So happy that you made my beautiful country your home!

9. Kim says:

sarah
    i love that priscilla ahn or however you spell it song and it was beautiful set to the beautiful beach scenery you shared with us! i enjoyed watching this esp after i came home from our local beach with the kiddos and i am all sanded and sunned and sancastled out!! i could sit and relax and look at the beauty you call home!!!!! thank you Ü

10. Tiff says:

Love watching the way the waves roll – I grew up at the beach and now live about 45 mins drive from it. I miss being able to walk for 2 mins and be on the sand. I miss the relaxed feel. One day . . .
    Could you tell me about the song please? Love it.
    Have a great weekend Sarah.
    x

11. You made my day, Sarah, that was lovely.
    Peace,
    Julia~

12. Great video. There are signs sold that say “If you’re lucky enough to live on the water, then you’re lucky enough!” I can’t think of a better way to put it!

Kat :)

13. Helena says:

Sigh…..very, very lovely. I live by the water as well, and cannot imagine ever not.

**Helena**

14. What a beautiful way to share your thoughts and feelings about your home and your family, Sarah. Just beautiful. You have a very special way of writing and expressing yourself that just touches either our funny bone or our heart. Guess that’s why we all love you so much! :)

I think it may be time for you to write a book, make a video…..or better yet….how ’bout a reality show? :)

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

15. Elaine says:

How beautiful. It was a mini vacation to watch that video with the beautiful music. Took me back to my childhood instantly. Thanks for sharing.

16. Bev says:

I cam here from Scotland when I was 6 and left snow behind and I understand……tears to my eyes!

17. m says:

Beautiful. Paradise is lovely, but home will always live in your heart. Chin up ‘ole girl…you are the best ambassatrix Oz has ever known!
    And though we are all dispersed around the glob {and not next to you with our toes in the sand too ;} we are all pulling for you and your
    intriguing new life!! Good on you mate! { wrong context? ;} I just love the way it sounds!}

m ^..^

18. Rachael says:

nothing like the sea Sarah to soothe the soul! Rachaelxo

19. Annette says:

So peaceful!!! Thanks for sharing.

20. zaira says:

Sarah, your video this morning made me a bit teary. I’m not a beach girl but living by the sea must be an awesome experience and I tasted it all throught this lovely video! A small but big emotion you shared. Thanks xx

21. LouBoo says:

Hi – if ever there needed to be an advert for emigrating, this is it! Made me think of the friends along the way who have done it – following a dream. Looks like your dream has come true. Lou x

22. Sarah Jane says:

Gorgeous post Sarah!
    Very inspirational & very motovating…..
    Enjoy your weekend in your ‘tatty cottage’!

23. Mary says:

Hey I know those feelings well. Must be honest and admit even though I left ‘old blighty’ almost 48 years ago……..I still have lonely days of homesickness when Devon calls to me! It will never change, home is in the blood, it calls one back constantly like the siren under that beautiful sea.
    Meanwhile sweet Sarah, enjoy your new life in this lovely place – you made the right choice for your family.

24. Shar Y. says:

Loved the video and the sound of the waves coming through with the beautiful song. Very well done. It must be pretty wonderful.

25. Tracey says:

Beautiful. Please tell us the name of the song and the artist … perfect fit.

You, too, are an artist! Thank you for sharing your gift with us. :-)

26. I’m really enjoying your blog and finding it a great source of inspiration for ideas for my own home. We are currently living in Munich but missing our life at home in Sydney oh so much! I love when you post video of the beach and the sea – thank you, makes my day. I really hope that you enjoy your new life in Australia in your gorgeous beach cottage (so jealous!) – I’m sure you will and I hope that gives you courage & determination to get through those long, lonely and homesick days. All the best, Alison.

27. vosgesparis says:

I love it to rad and see how grateful you are living there (even if it is hard sometimes)
    have a wonderful weekend my friend.x

PS come and see that orher beach house at my latest blog post x

28. Hi Sarah,
    Whenever I’m feelilng a bit low or lonely I head right down to the beach and take a good long walk along the shore. It never fails to cheer me, and I can so relate to your feelings of enchantment with that lovely place you call home. I feel the same way every time I look out to sea, or out to the redwoods and the valley near here.
    It’s hot in the house right now, watching the waves from all the way around the other side of the world cooled me down just a bit! Have a wonderful weekend, friend.
    XO
    Heidi

29. Fiona says:

Love the sweet video, and the waves. There just is nothing like them. Thanks so much, I needed a shot of the beach. Such good therapy.

God bless!

30. your video almost made me cry…sniff sniff. so poetic and thought provoking. how life will take its twists and turns. when you find yourself in a place that is new and you need to find a way to make it your place…and then we have the world of our children on our shoulders to do the right thing for them as well as for ourselves…yeah its a mighty weight sometimes.

31. That was perfect… exactly what I needed to see today! Who is the artist of the song?

32. Sherry says:

Love you post. Reminds me of the song “By the Sea by the sea by the beautiful Sea”. I don’t know the name of the song, but came to mind with this post. I live in the mountains of Virginia, so I am drawn to blogs of people like yourself who live near the water. I have been following your site for over a year now and have enjoyed every last word. You have such a gift for “gab” and picture taking. Look forward to more!!!

33. What an absolutely lovely blog you have. I am captivated.
    Love your writing style.
    And your beach.
    Totally and completely love your beach!

34. tara says:

oh goodness isn’t that the truth Sarah….I don’t know how I would live without being able to see the waves, hear the rush of the surf and smell the salt in the air, gives new life to a soul that is tattered or a day that needs to be given back to the gods….xoxo