A Beach Cottage at The Beach in the Winter Sun

Fri 9th, Jul, 2010

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

201007-Winter-Sun-01

G’day my beauties.

Hip hip hooray for the weekend.

I’ve got lots going on next week, relaxing stuff though :-)

Now we’ve had lots of rain here this past week but the other Sunday we sat tucked up on the beach toasting away nicely while our boys were in the surf and I thought you guys might like a peek.

Little Mr BC just got a new surf board and he’s cracked that oh so very quickly for one born not quite ’round these parts.  Oh to be young.

The water was breathtaking and that never ever fails to get me…sorry if you’re over hearing that at this place but I’m still gobsmacked about every single time.

I loved this picture of this dad and boy first learning the surf…

201007-Winter-Sun-02

May I remind you and more may I give myself (who has been moaning for England at how cold it is as the sun goes down) a little poke that this is  W I N T E R.

It doesn’t get much better than this.

If you’re landlocked, enjoy these shots & see you all next week, the bedside will be ready and waiting for you…I tell you I’ve attacked it with a little bit of Beach Cottage distressing and it’s looking different to how I thought it would but I’m lurving it…I’ll be interested to see what you will all think…

oh & just because I am surely loving shoots of things outdoors and getting ready for a big one myself…take a look at the styling and for that matter the oh-so-cute bunting at Sweet Jessie here.

I am so making me some of that bunting for the deck…

So long.

Don’t be good.

201007-Winter-Sun-03

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Buffer 0 0 Flares ×

24 Responses to “A Beach Cottage at The Beach in the Winter Sun”

1. Suzanne says:

Brrr! Too cold for me to get in the water – and we’re further north than you! I guess we’re just soft in this household. I’m a huge fan of bunting. We attended one of my little one’s friend’s party today and her mum had made the best bunting in hot pink and bright green. Wish I’d taken a pic.

2. Tammi N says:

Having grown up on the beaches in NZ I love the surf, nothing quite like riding a wave :)……more gorgeous photos Sarah!!

I am busting at the seams to see how your dresser turned out….can’t wait for the big reveal, I’m sure it will be loved by all.

Enjoy your weekend

3. Alyson says:

Actually I saw a tutorial for that bunting on Sew Mama Sew, I think, and made it for Christmas – it turned out to be very easy and looks fabulous even with the scruffy scraps I had at the time! It’d be lovely in all your beachy bits of bunting, and I always have enjoyed your sewing bits!

4. Pearl Maple says:

Sparkling views of the horizon there
    Isn’t it delightful when winter includes so much sparkle

5. Alison Gibbs says:

Can’t beat the beach any time here in Australia. Doesn’t matter what season it is, it is always special
    Alison

6. La says:

Sarah,

I will never tire of the ocean. I AM landlocked and look forward to your beautiful photography.

Have a wonderful weekend! La

7. Anne-Marie says:

Wow the last photo is spectacular!
    xx

8. kasey says:

dreamy! It won’t be long till i’m sitting at a beach…just so you know;-)
    happy weekend Sarah…and i will get your post to you by Monday or Tuesday.
    xo

9. kasey says:

p.s. i am so sorry you are allergic to wine….i’ll make sure to have a few glasses for you.
    xo

oh good lord you don’t know how I miss a glass of red with a meal

next week I am all out for trying a new organic bottle with high hopes of not having to spend the evening after a quarter of a glass with my head permanently shoved down the toilet

10. I feel cooler just gazing at your photos. Thanks so much.

11. Amy says:

I have never lived at the beach, but try to visit at least once a year. These pictures make me long to visit. They are beautiful, thank you for sharing.

12. simpledaisy says:

How lovely!!!
    Thanks for sharing:)

13. Lisa Hafey says:

I’d just like to point out that here in SE London we are having our 18th day in a row without substantial rain (short sharp shower Tuesday last week) and it’s also our 18th day in a row of days above 25 degrees C! 31 today, forecast to be 30 tomorrow, 26 on Sunday…what country am I in again??

Loving your winter sun though, it’s cooling me down a little (when I try really really hard!)!

14. Sarah, I love love love that last shot. Have you thought about selling some of your photos??? You should!

:) Laura

15. Kathy says:

I look forward to your posts in my email. They give me a moment to enjoy something beautiful and simple during the hustle and bustle of my work day. Thank you so much for taking the time to share these each day.
    Have a great weekend. Looking forward to your next post.
    Kathy

16. Your blog and photographs are truly an inspiration fo me!!

17. Rachel says:

Lovely pics! Happy weekend and enjoy the upcoming week!

Smiles,
    Rachel

18. sandy toe says:

what a wonderful blog- it is beautiful!!!

sandy toe

19. these images are so very beautiful- the last one makes me want to jump right in… I am envious of your sweet beach life.

20. Hi Sarah,
    wish i could hop into the cool sea. I lvoe Oz in Winter. We hare having a lovely summer here in Germany, but it is unbelieveable hot. Too hot.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    take care
    Silke

21. Debbie says:

Sarah, the photos are fabulous! Oh how I wish I could be right at the edge of that surf. Looks so inviting.

22. So nice seeing you are enjoying beach time… while here is snowing!!!
    cariños from Chile,
    maria cecilia

23. libbie says:

I think I may like the look of an Australian winter more than I do a North Dakota one